Whimsy Made The Cut!! From Hip Length to A Fade

Sorry to post and bounce. I will respond fully tomorrow. Phone's acting up. Thank you all for the sweet (and funny)comments!

Whimsy, how can I live the HL life vicariously through you if you chop it all off? You can sell your hair to De Meo Brothers. That is where Dr. Ali Syed buys afro-textured hair from for testing etc. according to one of his articles.

tumblr_lbnd1xT8I41qeg3l9o1_500.gif

You're my hair idol! Im so depressed even though it will obviously grow back. Can you please tell what your regimen was/is?

What in the woooorlllld?!! Must be like a load off huh? You look great either way though.

Attachments

• tumblr_mgeaojD2Am1r8xh2qo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mgeaojD2Am1r8xh2qo1_500.gif
    479.2 KB · Views: 27
Thank you all for the comments!!

Nice! Seeing this, I now feel brave enough to do a 2nd big chop!

Thanks for this!

YAY!! DO IT!!! :)

Your curlies are so cute! What made you decide to cut?

I'm donating it to a charity. That's why I grew it out so much.

I am trying not to cry...!

But I must admit that cut looks fab on you!

I loved watching the video. I'm going to share it on my FB and Twitter if you don't mind?

Feel free to share! And thanks :)

Man. The way your hair grows it will be back there in a year! Nice cut!

LOL girl no way. I'm keepin it short for a while!

Your hair looks great either way Whimsy. Will you ever grow it out that long again?

I doubt I'll grow to hip length again. At waist length it's long enough to donate so I'll do it again eventually. But keeping it short for now.

What happened to all that hair?!? Can I buy it, lol.

Your short hair is gorgeous!

PM me a $$$$ :) Let's talk ;)

That cut will save you so much time. I love it!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using LHCF

YAS! I'm about to have 2 kids under 2 yrs old, last thing I'll need is to detangle and style a big ol' mass of hair.

tumblr_lbnd1xT8I41qeg3l9o1_500.gif

You're my hair idol! Im so depressed even though it will obviously grow back. Can you please tell what your regimen was/is?

LOVE the gif lol

weekly washes, DC, moisturize, airdry in braids, flatiron and keep for week. oil ends nightly

Last edited:
Wonderful :yep:

Did your son notice the change? :giggle: Babies seem to notice if I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts and give me the strangest look.

Wonderful :yep:

Did your son notice the change? :giggle: Babies seem to notice if I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts and give me the strangest look.

He pulled it immediately then was like whatever and just went about his business.

Beautiful! You have the texture that can really sport that look. I have a friend that has the same hair texture which cut her mid back hair 15 years ago and never looked. She goes to salon to maintain with a quick trim, quick wash, a little moisturizer and out the door. Must be nice...:yep:

Whimsy.* Gasp*! I knew you said you were gonna do it, but I was hoping you would change your mind!! :yep: The new cut looks amazing on you, though. :lick: Them curls is delish...I have chopped from MBL to shaved sides and back, only 3" in the top (faux hawk) before, so I can identify with the feeling of freedom from so much hair! I still miss your beautiful mane though, but just make sure your hard work (hair you grew) is appreciated by the recipient!

And congrats on the new bundle of joy on the way! I just love babies... :drunk:

Last edited:
The cut is cute!....but all that hair gone make me feel some type of way. And it's not even my hair. :look:At least somebody else now gets to enjoy that luscious mane :yep:

Last edited:
Thanks girls!!

I'm going this week to cut it even shorter!
When I just wash, moisturize and go, it dries too long/high. I don't want to have to slather on lots of hold products so I'm getting it cut down a lot more.

I dont know who I am anymore LOL

I'm not going to grow it back for a while.

After baby #2 is here and is past the newborn/infant stage I'll start to grow it back out but not back to hip, not even waist. I think I'll stay btwn SL and APL (at the longest) for a while since it's so easy to go straight or style curly at that length.

Your new cut is beautiful and I know the maintenance will be a breeze. Please post pics of your newest cut afteer you visit the Salon this week. I know whom ever gets your lovely pony tail will love it!!! I am sure it will bless someone. :)

Back