Pantene's new creamy leave-ins! So far so good.

melodee

Gotta try this!:D

I noticed that Pantene is going through a lot of reformulation of their line. I was really interested in the new creamy leave ins, or as they call them, comb ins. So I checked them out at Target.

I had to choose between their new Restorative line, the ProV Moisturizing Strenthening Start, and the Extra Liso (marketed to Latinas- and they're really pushing this one in Latina mag for some reason). The Restorative product had dimethicone, and I believe the Extra Liso did as well (though I can't remember for certain). But the Pro V one did not and had a good texture and nice smell, so I gave it a go.

It's been wonderful! I apply after CO washes and my hair has been sooo soft and moisturized. I found a new creamy leave in!:)
Now Pantene is bragging a50% reduction of breakage within a month of using the Restorative Products (shampoo, cond, leave in, and treatment) Intruiging...especially since I have some breakage...but I don't trust everything I read.

hot_pepper96

I use the Pantene Smoothing Comb In Treatment (Green writing). It's one of my regular leave-ins. I'm in love w/creamy leave-ins! I didn't anyone else used these products because Pantene's products suck most of the time.

LadyZ

I was weak and bought the conditioner and the strengthening lotion from the Restorative line... My hair felt good the first day then after that it felt crappy:bah: :barf: ... I will try them again after a fresh perm.... I am 6 weeks post so my hair needs special care now(moisture)

melodee

Hotpepper--I really prefer creamy leave ins to watery ones, which make my hair more tangled and a little hard.

So far, so good with Pantene. I don't use any of their other products, and have never really liked Pantene before. I even tried the R&N line and it did nothing but make my hair coated and gummy.

But the new leave in is :grin: .

Thanks for the response about the Restoratives stuff Lady Z. Please keep me posted if you try it again.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I noticed that the Pantene Relaxed & Natural moisturizers (that look like the shampoo bottles) are on clearance in the drugstore. They're creamy too. Has anyone used it?

melodee

Browndilocks,

I have used them and they are not IMO like the comb-in/leave-ins. The R&N moisturizer has Mineral oil/petro products and really gummed up my hair.

When I saw the new comb-in products I was hesitant, because if they were anything like the Pantene R&N, I didn't want anything to do with them. But after reading the ingrediant list, and thinking that white women would hate the stuff if it had havy oils in it---I decided to try the Pro V Strengthening Start--and it works well. I've been bunning it up and using the comb in to kepp my hair soft. It also works well as a moisturizer for my kids hair. My daughter has wavy and my son's is like my natural hair (super curly/kinky but with a defined c pattern.

melodee

Both- cause currently I am CO washing every two days and bunning it.

So I put it in after my CO wash and let air dry or dry in the bun.
The next day I first spritz my hair with water or diluted Deep Brilliance Manage, and then apply a smaller amount mixed with emu oil to the hair and redo the bun. So I'm using it daily...but I dunno about using it daily for a straight week without washing/rinsing.

But so far there's no build up.