Official 2010 Ceramides Challenge

yodie

My hair adores hempseed oil. I eliminated one of my uses of heat (pressing comb). So, my hair just wasn't acting right today and I even had the nerve to ride my bike and go walking. Ugh, it just kept frizzing up. I used a little bit of serum, sunflower oil, heat protectant. Still kept acting up. Used some hempseed oil and my hair is just behaving so nicely now. It's even holding a curl and it looks good. I'm a fan of hempseed oil forever!!

ctosha

yodie, I know what you mean about hempseed oil. I use it and mix it in with my deep condish that I use every week my oh my what can I say. There was a time when I could not slick my hair back into a ponytail without bobby pins I would have a ton of fly away hair and frizz. Now I have a sleek bun or ponytail hair no bobby pins needed love that stuff.

SimJam

still riding the ceramides train

I detangled my hair using sunflower oil this morning then steamed ... my hair felt soooo good after.

bride91501

I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. After a few days of intense research, I've decided to join the bandwagon! Here are my challenge answers:

What products/oils will you use? Wheat germ oil (WGO), sunflower oil
What ceramide is in your product? WGO & sunflower oil
What position is the ceramide in the ingredient line? (EXAMPLE: 3rd ingredient or 8th ingredient). N/A
How often will you use it? I will add WGO or Sunflower oil to my poo, co-wash conditioners, DCs & LI condish. I may also start mixing sunflower oil with my castor oil or shea butter to seal
What is your application method? see previous
Will you deep condition with ceramides? Definitely! under heat

DesignerCurls

I know it's late but I would like to join :look:

I started using rice bran consistently last month (used if for a couple of years on and off). And I started using wheat germ a couple of days ago (best oil ever!!! :lick:) and saw an immediate improvement in my hair and my daughter's porous hair!!!! Just purchased safflower oil today...going to incorporate that too.

eta:
What products/oils will you use?
Wheat germ oil, Hemp seed oil, Rice bran oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil
What ceramide is in your product?
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Condish
What position is the ceramide in the ingredient line? (EXAMPLE: 3rd ingredient or 8th ingredient).
4th ingredient
How often will you use it?
Oil 2x week & AOWC 1x week
(or more as needed)
What is your application method?
Wheat germ & Hemp seed oils -deep condish/preproo

Rice bran, safflower, & sunflower oils - sealants
AOWC condish - after shampoo condish

Will you deep condition with ceramides?
Yes I will!!!! :lick:

Last edited:

LaidBak

Been using L'Oreal EverStrong Overnight Treatment with Bio Ceramide Complex for the last week. I like it so far.

Curlybeauty

So I finally got a chance to kick my ceramides reggie into action, after having my weave removed, a touch-up done, and having a chance to do my own hair. Sorry for the long-winded sentence :look:

But I pre-pooed with some wheat germ oil, mixed with some EVOO and I had the hardest time rinseing it out !!! I'm thinking I put too much in my hair. After that I used some lekair condish I think (i'm trying to use up everything I don't like) while I did my hygeine duties, and then rinsed again. My hair still has some texture after my much needed corrective, but that's fine I guess. I let my hair air dry for maybe 15 minutes with some nioxin thermal bliss on it and some serum. I decided to give my cantu leave-in a shot again for a braidout and sealed my ends with some JBCO. I'm loving my hair right now. It feels so soft it's crazy!!!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Aw :blush3: Americka I'm glad you did, your hair is looking really great, so full and shiny! :yep: To me, ceramides are the best thing since deep conditioning. Seriously.

BeautifulRoots

Haven't been through to update in a while so here goes...

Sooo, I cut back on the sunflower oil in my hair. I've just been pouring some into my whipped shea butter mix along with olive and coconut oil. I'm going to use up the rest of the sunflower oil I have and lay it to rest though. It wasn't giving me the results I hoped for.

BUT

I really LOVE sunflower oil mixed with olive oil on my skin! Been using it for two months after taking a shower and my skin is soft, supple, and smooth. It's amazing! :love:

Today is my first day using hemp seed oil. I'm conditioning with it right now so I'm excited to see how it will work. I'll keep you updated. :grin:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Hey ladies I need help figuring out what to do with my sunflower oil. I was sealing with it and loving the benefits but I'm replacing it as a sealant with grease :-0 who uses ceramides as a pre-poo? How does it work for you?

Yup I'm posting this before I read the thread but I'm getting ready to go back a few pages but thanks to anyone who wants to make my life easy and reply to this or my recent thread.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Haven't been through to update in a while so here goes...

Sooo, I cut back on the sunflower oil in my hair. I've just been pouring some into my whipped shea butter mix along with olive and coconut oil. I'm going to use up the rest of the sunflower oil I have and lay it to rest though. It wasn't giving me the results I hoped for.

BUT

I really LOVE sunflower oil mixed with olive oil on my skin! Been using it for two months after taking a shower and my skin is soft, supple, and smooth. It's amazing! :love:

Today is my first day using hemp seed oil. I'm conditioning with it right now so I'm excited to see how it will work. I'll keep you updated. :grin:

OOOH glad I read this. I think I will try the sunflower oil on my skin! My sunflower oil is already infused with evoo so hopefully it gives me good results.

yodie

LaFemmeNaturelle, is grease a better sealant than sunflower oil? I'm just curious. Maybe you can add a few drops of Sunflower oil to your grease.

TwistNMx

I'm still using wheat germ oil (mixing it in my watered down shampoo mixture) on and off (mostly off) 'cause the smell is ...kinda gross.
I've been using the ceramides G3 leave-in and leaving in the conditioner as well.
My hair doesn't like the sunflower oil though.:perplexed

Stella B.

Hey ladies I need help figuring out what to do with my sunflower oil. I was sealing with it and loving the benefits but I'm replacing it as a sealant with grease :-0 who uses ceramides as a pre-poo? How does it work for you?

Yup I'm posting this before I read the thread but I'm getting ready to go back a few pages but thanks to anyone who wants to make my life easy and reply to this or my recent thread.

I've been doing an oil rinse pre-poo with olive oil and hemp oil mix. It's like an oil rinse done on wet hair before shampooing and helps to smooth out knots and tangles. I'm really liking it!!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
TwistNMx I get mine from the supermarket. I don't live in the US, but I presume you can find it in the specialty foods section or places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

LaidBak

Matrix Biolage Fortifying Leave-in treatment is my new staple leave in.

Biolage Fortifying Leave In Treatment is an intensive-conditioning technology that bathes weak, over-worked hair with ceramides, hair's natural intercellular bonds. Weak spots are repaired as pure botanical extracts revive shine and manageability.

Cinda2503

What about Suave Professionals Conditioner, Humectant? Does this have ceramides in it? It's a knock off of Nexxus Humectress. Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum) (Parfum), Quaternium 18, Potassium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, TEA Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, DMDM Hydrantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

DesignerCurls

I'm still on the wagon...
I deep condition with WGO and rice bran oil (sometimes add conditioner for extra moisture)
Safflower oil makes my hair feel very strong (if that makes sense) so I add some to my protein treatment to help seal the protein and it has been working great!!! :yay:
My hair does not like sunflower oil so I use that on my skin as well with great results.
I seal my hair after moisturizing with rice bran oil (my fav for years :lick:), sweet almond oil, and coconut oil.

I never knew my hair could love this much oil! :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Wow. I haven't posted here in a minute but, I'm still using my ceramides. I add WGO to every dc and used to use it to seal but, I've long since started sealing with hot six oil. And, I picked up some goodies today (why oh why do I think I can go to the bss for hair clips only?). I grabbed some Profective Break Free LI strengthener and some Silicon Mix Proteina De Perla LI (been meaning to try this forever).

Anywho...off to do a DC with WGO added. Ciao!

BeautifulRoots

Wow. I haven't posted here in a minute but, I'm still using my ceramides. I add WGO to every dc and used to use it to seal but, I've long since started sealing with hot six oil. And, I picked up some goodies today (why oh why do I think I can go to the bss for hair clips only?). I grabbed some Profective Break Free LI strengthener and some Silicon Mix Proteina De Perla LI (been meaning to try this forever).

Anywho...off to do a DC with WGO added. Ciao!

[off topic] :shocked: I'm in awe at your hair growth in your signature...that's amazing! The end. LOL.

Embyra

going to buy wheatgerm oil instead of antisnap as i can use oil every day:grin:

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Consistency with the ceramides really pays off. My porosity is so on point now; after my wash today all I put in it was some rice bran oil...that's it. I let it airdry. That was about 7 hours ago, my hair is silky,feels like butta and I have great shine. I am one happy clam! :)

Americka

I am still moisturizing with Skala Ceramides G3 leave in and sealing with sunflower oil.

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

Did a pre-poo w/ aloe vera, WGO and EVCO. My hair is still super moist after 8hrs now! For the longest I was using WGO as my sealant with decent results. But now..I like it a lot more in a pre-poo! Oh, and I also added it to my leave in moisturizer today too. Not alot either, 2tsp. Super moist locs!