OCT/MT Question!!

twinkletoes17

OCT is for length, and MT is for thickness, correct? At first I wanted to use MT because it was cheaper (lol). Well my hair is semi-thick and 1" from APL. Can OCT and MT be mixed for dual results? Our would I have to use one one day, and use the other another day?

I know hardly anything about these products, so I had to ask. Yes, it's a dumb question lol.

Thank you in advance :drunk:

I just started using megatek a couple of weeks of ago and i gained thickness and length. Mucho thickness, it is almost like i have a whole new head of hair. I had to order detangling products whereas before detangling was finger combing in the shower. I love it. Make sure that you add a little oil to the megatek to prevent itchies. I had shedding but my hair is super uber thick and i was in micros for 8 weeks so that didn't bother me at all. Hope this helps a little. I have no experience with the OCT.

I am also gaining length and thickness with MT alone. If you are concerned about the price as I was, try using MT first. I thought MT wasn't working for me when I first started but I did a touch up a month ago an omg. The length and thickness was incredible:yep:.

Mega-Tek is good for both thickness and growth. Please refer to my signature or hair albums. However, from what I have read MT/OCT have a different order of thickness and growth results.

Thickness + Growth = MT
Growth + Thickness = OCT

First one then the other. My hair got supper thick first then BOOM. I had one inch in 11 days.

But some say that they experience more growth from Oct and more thickness form MT. Considering the various experiences I think the amount of growth and how fast you receive it depends on each individual and how they are using their products. I like others when using MT experience shrinkage with new growth (tighter curls) whereas the OCT new growth is looser. I think that may be a reason for the seemingly faster growth. As discussed by several members.

Some use the products at full strength and others mix it with oils for added moisture. Considering the high amount of protien. So in the end do what works for you. Several members like Shimmie have experienced excellent results from using both products. She would be a great source if you would like to PM her. Let us know what you decided and keep us posted on your results. TOOTS!

Mega-Tek is good for both thickness and growth. Please refer to my signature or hair albums. However, from what I have read MT/OCT have a different order of thickness and growth results.

Thickness + Growth = MT
Growth + Thickness = OCT

First one then the other. My hair got supper thick first then BOOM. I had one inch in 11 days.

But some say that they experience more growth from Oct and more thickness form MT. Considering the various experiences I think the amount of growth and how fast you receive it depends on each individual and how they are using their products. I like others when using MT experience shrinkage with new growth (tighter curls) whereas the OCT new growth is looser. I think that may be a reason for the seemingly faster growth. As discussed by several members.

Some use the products at full strength and others mix it with oils for added moisture. Considering the high amount of protien. So in the end do what works for you. Several members like Shimmie have experienced excellent results from using both products. She would be a great source if you would like to PM her. Let us know what you decided and keep us posted on your results. TOOTS!

Shimmie's experience is what led me to order OCT this week. I've been using MT for two weeks and I am noticing thickness. But, I really am trying to get to APL by my PhD graduation in May, so I took the plunge and bought the OCT. I am planning to use MT four days a week and OCT three days a week.

Shimmie's experience is what led me to order OCT this week. I've been using MT for two weeks and I am noticing thickness. But, I really am trying to get to APL by my PhD graduation in May, so I took the plunge and bought the OCT. I am planning to use MT four days a week and OCT three days a week.

Yes I am tempted also to buy OCT but that price is a no no for me. I am looking for alternatives. That thickness could be covering up length. Did you notice any increase in length. Yes Shimmie is pumping out hair, that's a loaded schedule I would be exhausted by the weekend. I would have to sleep the entire weeked away. :lachen:

Yes I am tempted also to buy OCT but that price is a no no for me. I am looking for alternatives. That thickness could be covering up length. Did you notice any increase in length. Yes Shimmie is pumping out hair, that's a loaded schedule I would be exhausted by the weekend. I would have to sleep the entire weeked away. :lachen:

Actually, it's not that bad. I rollerset my hair every night and I put the MT in as I am rollersetting. It doesn't add that much time to the nightly regimen.

i've looked and looked, maybe not hard enough. but i also have one question about the MT/OCT, and i couldn't find the answer. so, my question is: do you always have to rinse that stuff out. I've seen ppl say they don't rinse it out, and i've read that you must rinse it. TIA. I really wanna know!

i've looked and looked, maybe not hard enough. but i also have one question about the MT/OCT, and i couldn't find the answer. so, my question is: do you always have to rinse that stuff out. I've seen ppl say they don't rinse it out, and i've read that you must rinse it. TIA. I really wanna know!

No it does not have to be rinsed out. Depends on where you are putting it. It has a very high amount of protein so many leave it on the hair from 5-30 minutes to an hour or two then rinse out. Some leave in on the scalp only over night or until the next wash. It's up to you. I am putting a small amount on my ends then moiturizer over it and sealing with castor oil.

Actually, it's not that bad. I rollerset my hair every night and I put the MT in as I am rollersetting. It doesn't add that much time to the nightly regimen.

How do you apply to your rollersetting?
Shoult MT go on the hair or the scalp if you want growth?

I heard it should go on the scalp. Some put it on their hair as well though. Does putting it on the ends help with breakage and/or split ends?

I think if you go into the threads for the challenge and, read you may find your answer. Also if you ask it there you may get a quick response as all the woman that use these products are more likely to respond there.

However to answer your question last question I believe they are protein based products. You are more likely to have an overload by using on the entire length of your hair which could lead to breakage (if done too often). You need an equal balance of moisture and protein to offset breakage and or split ends.

Last edited:
How do you apply to your rollersetting?
Shoult MT go on the hair or the scalp if you want growth?

Sorry... I just saw this...

While I am rollersetting my hair, I apply the MT on the scalp at the parts I am making to put my rollers in. I try very hard to avoid getting it on my hair so I make sure to massage it in good before I touch the hair to put the roller in. I co-wash my hair twice a week and shampoo wash once a week. On those three days, I apply the MT the same way only it's on wet/damp hair/scalp instead of dry hair/scalp.

Back