OCT/MT Poll - What is your product doing for your?

What results are you getting from your MT or OCT?

• MT user and I got length

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • MT user and I got thickness

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • MT user and I got both

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • OCT user and I got length

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • OCT user and I got thickness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OCT user and I got both

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I use both MT/OCT so I won't miss any benefits :)

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tresses

I will be jumping on the OCT/MT bandwagon this week. I have done as much research on it as my poor eyes could possibly withstand.

I read topics & polls on MT/OCT but I can't find one in which you ladies specify which product yields which results. So I'm poling all the OCT/MT users on what benefits do they attribute to their product of choice.

MT/OCT users: Tell me which product you use and if you have received length, thickness, or both.

TIA!

JustKiya

It seems that both products provide the same results - it's just that MT gives you thickness first, then length, while OCT gives you length first, then thickness. :yep:

Tresses

It seems that both products provide the same results - it's just that MT gives you thickness first, then length, while OCT gives you length first, then thickness. :yep:

Thanks Just Kiya,

I read that MT= thickness while OCT= length, just want to spend my xmas dollars wisely:grin:

Bumping for more users:look:

Tresses

Bumping........

while chanting " I will not get lost in the archives, I will not get lost in the archives":nono:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am glad that you made this poll. I need thickness so I guess I will go with MT.

moonglowdiva

I use MT for thickness. Although, I'm growing my hair out I prefer thick hair to long hair that looks stringy that's probably why it is taking me forever and a day to reach SL.:look:

PureSilver

Somehow i'm kinda disappointed in what i've read so far, that MT gives thickness first then length:wallbash:(which is what i need) but i do prefer length over thickness:grin:. I just ordered MT yesterday and will start using it Jan1st. I'm hoping for BSL by April even though i'm not APL yet. Well who knows, i'm popping my Vits as well so maybe i'l get lucky and get both.

Keeping ma fingers crossed:grin:

gorgeous86

I have been using MT daily for a month, and I have gotten a lot of thickness (see my siggy). Now i'm good on thickness and want more length, so I'm patiently waiting on my OCT (Supposed to be here on the 31st :rolleyes:). I will use this for 1 month straight, then start mixing the two.:yep:

grnidmonster

I have been using both(since AUG 08). I started with MT about 3 weeks before I added OCT. I have gotten both thickness and length.

girlyprincess23

I have used both and personally I prefer OCT to MT just because the length/ growth is noticeable while I am not sure what I get with MT, but it definately not the kind of growth I get with OCT. Also lately I have been mixing each OCT application with MN and it is even better, IMO!!

**Glamourlicious**

Megatek made my hair thicker...but my hair is already pretty thick. OCT I can not say anything for just yet. I am natural...and I have not straightened and measured. I am going to compare in another few weeks or so. Like girlyprincess...I am using my OCT with MN. I KNOW for a fact I have awesome progress with MN before.

ajacks

I use OCT daily on the scalp and MT once a week on the lengths of the hair. I have defintitely experienced length, but not sure about the thickness since I have been wearing a sew-in.

Ivy Santolina

I measured the new growth of my henna'd gray hair. I got the same amount of growth using MegaTek as opposed to no growth aids (0.5 inch/month) However, my edges are thickening up very well. I had severe breakage around my hairline due to dreads and they weren't growing since I took them out. The MegaTek fixed that problem. Before MegaTek I would smooth my edges with a brush when ever I wore an updo. Now, I have to use snap-clips to keep my back edges in place. They are not long enough to include in an updo but they are too long to just smooth with a brush and stay in place. I'm not complaining though. I'm hoping that I'll see more than 0.5 inch/month of growth as I continue using MegaTek.

Gemini350z

How are you ladies applying MT and OCT? Straight to the scalp, hair? Mixed with essential oils? As a deep conditioning treatment or a daily moisturizer?

gorgeous86

I apply it to my scalp only daily. I do not mix it with anything. If I need a protein treatment I apply it to the length of my hair for 5 min.

cicilypayne

Using mega tek I got thickness and using Oct. I got length. I'm almost out of both of them now..I will most likely reorder mega tek first because of the price of Oct. and order Oct. later because I really need to leave shoulder length. I've been in the shoulder region for 2.5 years it seems make up and break up sessions with shoulder length is getting old. I need APL in my life, for real this time I'm so ready to committ.

Last edited:

sexyeyes3616

I use OCT and i love it. I now that my hair is growing faster because I can no longer stretch my relaxers as long as I use to.