NTM vs. Sunsilk

pear

Hello All,

I am a newbie on a desperate search to find my hair regimen, overcome dry desert hair and figure out a way to stretch my relaxers for more than 5 weeks without loosing half the hair on my head.

I am considering starting co-washes to help keep moisture in my hair and I would like to master the airdrying technique to reduce manipulation from rollersets. In the past, my airdried hair has turned out hard and brittle.

I am thinking about purchasing either NTM leave-in or Sunsilk (hydra TLC?) as a leave-in for airdrying. Since I haven't found a truly effective daily moisturizer I would also like to use whichever product I purchase for this purpose as well.

Any thoughts on which is more effective for use in airdrying (and for day-to-day moisturizing)?.

Glitter

:yawn:welcome!

I have used both, on natural and relaxed hair. I think they both work really well for air drying but I think NTM works just a little bit better. I usually apply it to my hair when damp and allow it to airdry.

As for what to use on dry hair when styling, have you tried to invest in moisturizing foam? I struggled with this as well, until I found a great mouisturizing foam (ironically, it's from the NTM line but it got discontinued). I hope to find a product similar to this. The NTM leave in works well too, although I found it to be too heavy for my taste. I actually hate using Sunsilk on dry hair.

HTH!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I have relaxed hair and use both. I prefer the Sunsilk b/c it actually softens my hair, I use it as a leave-in mixed w/ Lacio Lacio and as a daily moisturizer. The NTM is ok too, I use it on my dry hair only.

P.S. WELCOME!!:drunk:

Last edited:

pear

Thanks for the opinions so far!

I took a look at the bottle of Sunsilk creme and noticed that mineral oil is listed as an ingredient. The ORS olive oil in the jar that everyone raves about did NOT agree with my hair (hair felt heavy and a little sticky) and I am wondering if mineral oil was the reason.

qtslim...I notice from your post that the Sunsilk softens your hair but you mix it with Lacio Lacio. Is there a reason why you decided to mix it vs. using it straight out of the bottle.

Thanks again ladies!

Keen

NTM all the way. I used one Sunsilk conditioner. It did nothing for my hair.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Thanks for the opinions so far!

I took a look at the bottle of Sunsilk creme and noticed that mineral oil is listed as an ingredient. The ORS olive oil in the jar that everyone raves about did NOT agree with my hair (hair felt heavy and a little sticky) and I am wondering if mineral oil was the reason.

qtslim...I notice from your post that the Sunsilk softens your hair but you mix it with Lacio Lacio. Is there a reason why you decided to mix it vs. using it straight out of the bottle.

Thanks again ladies!

I mix it w/ Lacio Lacio for a leave only. As for a daily, I use just that alone...HTH!:grin: