No length check (personal challenge)

I've not been length checking. And surprisingly haven't even been tempted. I do wear my hair down but I have not once looked in the mirror to check exactly where it falls, nor have I taken any pictures. Aiming to go til June for an official check!

Oh my gosh. How did I miss this thread. I am so in.

I, Dee Raven, promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until the end of April, the end of August, and the end of December. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 0.5 inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

This is really hard. It takes a lot of discipline. This past week when I was watching it would have been oh to easy to pull a strand and do a mini length check. April can't get here soon enough.

*sigh* I pulled on a small section of hair in the front to see where I am. Oops. This has to be the hardest challenge that I'm in this year. lol I have broken out of pulling the hair in the back since I can't see or feel a difference anyway.

I will have to break my oath in order to do a required length check for the APL challenge on March 31st. I promise to not do another length check until May 13st for my second anniversary.

Cheering you ladies on!!! You are stronger than me, I feel like I ask my hubby if my hair is getting longer everyday :lol: I'm still thinking about joining this one, but it would be very difficult! For now I'm on the sidelines cheering for y'all!!!

I Vanthie promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until 31st December 2012. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of __1/4___ inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

Thanks for this thread :)

I ladyscorpian14 promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until 31st december 2012. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of __.5___ inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

I yaya24 promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until June 2012 & December 2012. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 1/3-2/3 inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

I MarieB promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until at least 8/31/12. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 1/4-1/2 inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

I am trying to transition without the BC, and I accept that I may need to trim rough ends as needed. What I really will struggle with is trying not to measure the length of my new growth, which I am already playing in (about 3 months post) every chance I get! I know that my hair will be healthier for the lack of chemicals and excessive heat!

Last edited:
This is the reason I put my hair in a sew-in aha after a week I was itching for an excuse to take it out lol I'm glad I didn't - but it's the only way I dnt gt tempted to mess wth my hair lol good luck ladies

Il probly b back in here at sum point lol

I SimJam promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until June 30 and December 31. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 0.25 - 0.4 inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it.

My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

this is sooooooooooooooooo what I need right now. I was actually planning to not renew my subscription because being on here was making me feel bad about my non progress last year.

but this is what i needed just to refocus on healthy hair care and leave my hair to do what it does

thanks OP

I melissa-bee promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until 2nd August . I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 1/4 inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

Gonna go forth and live my life now...until August 2nd :look:

Last edited:
I did a length check on May 13th. Going to try to not sneak any checks until mid-August or September (at least 3 months from now.) I'm trying to cut back to 4 length checks a year.

I expowarrior promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until August 17th, November 17th, February 17th (every three months) . I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 1/2 an inch per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

Can I still join. I did not see this one. I put my self on a no check on May 1st to last til May 16th. I did it but that was torcher. It seemed like months but I now noticed that it really helped me break the habit.

I Vintiagecoils promise not to do any sort of length check until June 21st, Oct21st, and Dec21st 2012. I don't really know my growth rate and since I have layers I am hoping that at least the top two layers are still growing at .5 inches a month and that I hope to gain length on the nape hair also. My top crown is currently bulk at above BSL with longest strands at top of tailbone. My second layer is bulk below BSL and longest between top and bottom of TB. My nape is Bulk at hip and longest hairs 2 inches from Classic. My goal is full terminal. All layers at least to TBL and bulk at least waist by the end of 2012. I also have new growth that I must stop pulling on. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

I went through a five year shed which developed layers and severe thinning. It abated last spring and I am on a reclaimation program.

I really need this challenge.:blush:

Last edited:
Finally picked officially dates for length checks. I will be wearing wigs for the rest of the year so that should help with urge to check.

I Meritamen promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until Aug. 13th and Nov 19th. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of 1/2? inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

Ooh gosh. I forgot all about this challenge. I must have done like 4 length checks today alone.
I need to write this down.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

Definately forgot to check in. I had a half to one in gain in areas. My fringe really surprised me for it had appeared to just stop for months. I just yesterday evened up my fringe because the twists were tangling. Took off a inch.
That was not to bad after a while and now I am ready for the next leg of my challenge. It feels good not to be a slave to the tape measure:grin:

Yipppeee! I am constantly doing this, so this challenge is on point lol! Ok here we go:

I Marielepromise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until (Sep.3rd/Dec.30th/Mar. 30th)). I understand that my hair grows at a rate of _1/2____ inches per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

Gametime :yep:

I (sckri23) promise to refrain from checking the length of my hair until the 23rd of each month. I understand that my hair grows at a rate of .5 to 1 inch per month. As long as I continue to care for my hair and keep my body healthy I can trust that I am retaining length so there is no need to constantly check it. My reward for sticking to this promise is that I will be able to appreciate the hair I currently have and when I do finally check my length, see progress.

I was refraining from doin length checks cause I was afraid I would be obsessed but with this challenge I will have self control I hope.

I couldnt find the thread at the time but I realized that tryin to see how long my barely there pony has gotten is still considered a length check............ Oops!!!

Im doin my official legth check tonight cause my steam straightener is missing so I have to struggle with my flatiron and im too busy on the 23rd (my b-day) to do it.

Back