Newbie with Q: WHY NO COMB WITH AYURVEDICS?

tailormade84

Hey ladies!

Im a new member but not new to board - so before some refers me to the 9932890 million ayurvedic threads - let me tell you, i've checked them using the search function :look:

My question is two-fold:
1. Why can't we comb when the ayurvedic rinse/paste is in our hair? What does it do???

2. Does this "no comb" rule still apply if I add conditioner to the ayurvedic rinse in my hair?

p.s. I have been using an ayurvedic rinse of brahmi and amla (1 tbsp of each in 1 cup of water).

p.s.s. for those wanting to see henna progress pics, my fotki has pics from my 1st-7th henna and the recipes i used :) HTH

Last edited:
If it's the straight paste, you don't want to comb because the ayurvedics are the ANTI-slip. Seriously, just - no. :lol: You don't want to put that kind of stress on your hair with the pure paste. With the rinse, I don't know. I think it depends on your hair - but once again, combing wet hair with no slip added? Bad news.

Now. If you are mixing them into a conditioner, you can comb, no problem. I use amla+shikakai in my conditioners on a regular, and I always comb/detangle my hair with the conditioner still in it, and I've never had a problem with that.

Back