New fun way to find hairstyles and products!

HighlyFavored1

This website has been extremely useful for me over the years- it’s an incredible wealth of information!

But I've noticed that sometimes we really want style ideas and product recommendations- so I’m working on creating a website to help us better find new hair and makeup styles as well as the products used to achieve them- a space for beauty inspiration!

The site is all about finding products based on photos of hair or makeup styles, or based on product reviews, all by matching yourself with women who have a similar hair type and skin tone.

Now all of us who visit forums and write blogs and create videos can have a single, organized source for sharing and discovering new styles and products.

It's a work in progress, so I'd LOVE to get your feedback!

1) Check it out at www.beautyx.com
2) Like us on Facebook
3) Let me know your feedback

What are your thoughts? Will this be helpful for you- do you see yourself posting LookBooks (photos of your style with the products tagged)? Browsing pictures? Reading or writing product reviews? What information do you need in order to feel adequately matched to other women? I’d love to hear anything!

For Example:

LocBunLookBook-vi.png

Last edited:
This is such a good idea! I will definitely be coming back to check out the styling options on your site! Love it!

Thanks ladies!

Mane Attraction- you'll definitely have to post some of the looks from your site onto there!

I'd love to get any feedback on how I can make it the most useful site- let me know your thoughts, ladies...

What information do you need on someone to be convinced that what they recommend could work for you too? What kind of things make it difficult for you to find products? Anything is helpful! Thanks!!

This is a good idea.

Personally i have yet to see anyone with my hair type (texture). It is extremely curly and coarse. It would be great to see exactly how someone achieved a style on hair similar to mine.

Make-up is a good idea too. I don't want to start anything but i trawl Youtube for hours trying to find someone with the same skin tone as me so i can see what products/colours they use. It would be great to have make-up tutorials categorized into skintones/types/skin conditions for easy reference.

Thanks for all of the feedback on here and through the website form! I'll be sure to let everyone know when BeautyX is fully done!

Back