Neutrogena on pH of NTM Silk Touch Leave In

chayil0427

I contacted neutrogena to ask them what the pH of their Silk Touch Leave In is. I know a lot of girls where wondering because of the Sodium Hydroxide. This is what they said:

The PH range of this product is maintained at 3.5-4.5. The Sodium
Hydroxide ia a PH adjuster.

So as it turns out, the pH of Silk Touch Leave in is actually quite acidic which is good for the hair.

However, I stopped using the product because, as I posted in another thread, my scalp itched and burned. So I believe I'm allergic to anther ingredient in the product.

Chayil

chayil0427

Yes...an acidic pH is good for your hair. From 1 to 6 is acidic. 7 is neutral. above seven is basic.

So this product is acidic which is good.

asubeauty

CaramelPrincezz said:
Yes, she said the acidity is good for the hair.

Dang, I need to pay more attention... But this is good to know because NTM silk touch is one of my staples.

Lusa

chayil0427 said:
I loved how the product worked on my hair, but it gave my scalp a fit. It's too bad I can't use it :(

Thank you for the information, and I am sorry the product didn't work out for you. Hopefully you find out what it is you are allergic too. :)

chayil0427

Lusa said:
Thank you for the information, and I am sorry the product didn't work out for you. Hopefully you find out what it is you are allergic too. :)

Yea it would be interesting to know what caused that. I just know that in the days after I used it my scalp began burning more and more and since I washed and didn't used it I haven't had any problems. :confused: I'm gonna compare the ingredient list with some of my other products and see what could possible be the culprit.

Meanwhile, Imma see if some of my hair groupies here in Dallas want a bottle.

Chayil