NTM Silk Touch Leave In = Raw, Burning Scalp?

chayil0427

Hey ladies

After my last wash I applied some NTM Silk Touch Leave-In and the NTM Shine Serum. Since that time I've been slowly developing a horrible burning scalp. I actually skipped class today to wash my hair.

Is it possible that one or both of these products are causing my scalp irritation? Has anyone else had this experience with these products?

Chayil

I have been using those products for more than a year now and I have not experienced that. Could you possibly be allergic to one or more of the ingredients in them?

Lusa said:
I have been using those products for more than a year now and I have not experienced that. Could you possibly be allergic to one or more of the ingredients in them?

Yep, I have never had a problem---is that the only thing you did different in your routine? I agree--u may be allergic to something in one of those products.

I've been using it since last August and I've never had that problem. You might be allergic like the person before me stated.

oh no:-(I hope u aren't allergic to anything. Thats so strange. Was this the first time u used ntm ever??

I have been using NTM for a year also and this has never happened to me either. Are you sure that it is my beloved NTM Silk-Touch? What else are you using? It should'nt be anything in these products to promote a raw scalp? JMO of course:)

Eta: reading the other ladies posts, It could be some allergic reaction.

Last edited:
The Silk Touch Leave In and the Shine Serum where my only additions to my reg.

I just washed my hair and applied on the shine serum to see if it's the leave in.

Chayil

chayil0427 said:
The Silk Touch Leave In and the Shine Serum where my only additions to my reg.

I just washed my hair and applied on the shine serum to see if it's the leave in.

Chayil

Did you apply some shea butter or something of that nature on your scalp to stop the burning. Yep, it sounds like you're allergic to something in those products, so you need to use something else instead. When did you last relax your hair? Just curious to know?

You are probably allergic to one/some of the ingredients in either product. Unless it was old.

Adrian said:
You are probably allergic to one/some of the ingredients in either product. Unless it was old.

I got it from drugstore.com so it could very well could have been old. For now though I'm going to stop using it. My scalp feels better since I washed and didn't put the product in my hair. I did however use the NTM Shine Serum.

Chayil

I use it occassionally and I've never had that problem either. I also never use it near my scalp. I really just focus on the length and ends.

If you scalp is still sensitive, I would suggest rubbing on some aloe vera. That will soothe it.

Back