Neem and Anoop Oil

hennagirl

Does anyone use Neem and/or Anoop Oil in their regimen? My Indian grocer started stocking those oils. I buy all things Indian because henna, amla, shikakai, brahmi, etc. have been so good for my hair. I did a google of Neem and it is supposed to be a good topical for growth. I would love to hear from ladies who use either of these oils. I tried the Neem and it is causing a nice tingle so I know it is increasing blood flow.

I have some Neem Oil that I still haven't used. That stuff stinks to high heaven!
3.gif

I use Neem in my topical scalp concoction. It has neem, coconut oil, jojoba oil, ramtirth brahmi oil, aloe vera, emu oil and tea tree oil to which I have added powdered sulfur, rosemary, nettle and burdock and liquid cayenne. My second bottle does not have the neem or the powdered herbs. I do not use the one with the neem in it the night before I will work out because the smell comes up when I sweat. One can substitute karanje oil for neem. It has the same properties without the smell I have learned, but I have too much neem left, so I will not be buying the karanje for awhile. Also, the tea tree oil for some reason cuts the smell a great deal.

P.S. I also made a homemade flea spray for My Cinnabon and my foster cocker spaniels with neem, a few drops of tea tree oil (one has to be really careful with tea tree oil as too much in a concoction is not good for pets), aloe vera, natural apple cider vinegar, filtered water and a bit of coconut oil. While all the volunteers were complaining about fleas last year and saying that some months they had to Frontline their dogs twice, which I shudder to even think about, neither the dogs nor my house saw one flea let alone a tick last year.

adw425 said:
I use Neem in my topical scalp concoction. It has neem, coconut oil, jojoba oil, ramtirth brahmi oil, aloe vera, emu oil and tea tree oil to which I have added powdered sulfur, rosemary, nettle and burdock and liquid cayenne. My second bottle does not have the neem or the powdered herbs. I do not use the one with the neem in it the night before I will work out because the smell comes up when I sweat. One can substitute karanje oil for neem. It has the same properties without the smell I have learned, but I have too much neem left, so I will not be buying the karanje for awhile. Also, the tea tree oil for some reason cuts the smell a great deal.

P.S. I also made a homemade flea spray for My Cinnabon and my foster cocker spaniels with neem, a few drops of tea tree oil (one has to be really careful with tea tree oil as too much in a concoction is not good for pets), aloe vera, natural apple cider vinegar, filtered water and a bit of coconut oil. While all the volunteers were complaining about fleas last year and saying that some months they had to Frontline their dogs twice, which I shudder to even think about, neither the dogs nor my house saw one flea let alone a tick last year.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

tarheelgurl said:
Neem oil is a wonderful pesticide/bug repellent. That's all I know about it.

Thanks, I use it on my roses for black spot. It is kind of scary that it also has topical growth properties.

Neem is 100% safe but I agree with Mestiza, I had a bottle I just threw away two days ago, I simply couldn't not stomach the smell. I mean, it LITERALLY made my head hurt and me sick to my stomach. Made MTG smell like gardenias.

I have Anoop oil but haven't found a way to incorporate into my regimen yet.

Tea tree oil? I had no idea...not sure if I'll replace it to find out though. :(

The smell was really intense to me, too, and still is in its own bottle, but when added to something else in an eight ounce bottle and you are adding less than an ounce, then the neem smell is negligible.

I have a bottle of Anoop Oil but I have only tried it a few times. You can do a search on it and alot of stuff will come up on it. I didn't continue to use it because it said tha you shouldn't use it with other oils so I left it alone. I use to mnay different oils sometimes. But just do some research on it. You should find something helpful about it.

adw425 said:

Good tip. I could not imagine trying to apply Frontline 2x a month. That is just to costly!

VWVixxen said:
Neem is 100% safe but I agree with Mestiza, I had a bottle I just threw away two days ago, I simply couldn't not stomach the smell. I mean, it LITERALLY made my head hurt and me sick to my stomach. Made MTG smell like gardenias.

I have Anoop oil but haven't found a way to incorporate into my regimen yet.

Tea tree oil? I had no idea...not sure if I'll replace it to find out though. :(

Now that is bad!

I use Dr. Haushka's Neem Oil Lotion and the smell isn't that bad because it's mixed with other oils. It just has an herbal scent.

HC_nl_d.jpg

Neem Hair Lotion

For oily or dry scalp and hair conditions

A versatile leave-in scalp treatment. Encourages healthy hair growth and normalizes oil production by the scalp.
  • neem leaf and other plant extracts enliven and normalize
  • Soothes itchy, irritated scalp conditions
  • Helps prevent flaking and hair loss
  • Strengthens fine, thin hair and balances oily or dry conditions

I think I will settle on the Neem that is in my vatika oil, lol. I bought some Brahmi oil and it was sealed so I couldn't smell it first.....Lawwwwd and if Neem and Anoop smell worse then I am good.

Does anyone use Neem and/or Anoop Oil in their regimen? My Indian grocer started stocking those oils. I buy all things Indian because henna, amla, shikakai, brahmi, etc. have been so good for my hair. I did a google of Neem and it is supposed to be a good topical for growth. I would love to hear from ladies who use either of these oils. I tried the Neem and it is causing a nice tingle so I know it is increasing blood flow.

I just ordered some. Here is a small bit of info about neem oil: there is alot of info on internet about it....

About Neem Oil

Neem seed oil is a thick dark brown semisolid with bitter taste and a rather strong odour that is said to combine the odours of peanut and garlic. It comprises mainly triglycerides and large amounts of triterpenoid compounds, which are responsible for the bitter taste. The method of processing is likely to affect the composition of the oil, since the methods used, such as pressing, solvent extraction or steam extraction are unlikely to remove exactly the same mix of components in the same proportions.
Traditional Ayurvedic uses of neem include the treatment of fever, leprosy, malaria, ophthalmia and tuberculosis. Various folk remedies for neem include use as an anthelmintic, antifeedant, antiseptic, diuretic, emmenagogue, contraceptive, febrifuge, parasiticide, pediculocide and insecticide. It has been used in traditional medicine for the treatment of tetanus, urticaria, eczema, scrofula and erysipelas. Traditional routes of administration of neem extracts included oral, vaginal and topical use. Neem oil has an extensive history of human use in India and surrounding regions for a variety of therapeutic purposes.

Rooted in Nature: All About Neem Oil

Neem oil is generally light to dark brown, bitter and has a rather strong odour that is said to combine the odours of peanut and garlic. It comprises mainly triglycerides and large amounts of triterpenoid compounds, which are responsible for the bitter taste. It is hydrophobic in nature and in order to emulisify it in water for application purposes, it must be formulated with appropriate surfactants.
Neem oil also contains steroids (campesterol, beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol) and a plethora of triterpenoids of which Azadirachtin is the most well known and studied. The Azadirachtin content of Neem Oil varies from 300ppm to over 2000ppm depending on the quality of the neem seeds crushed.
The method of processing is likely to affect the composition of the oil, since the methods used, such as pressing (expelling) or solvent extraction are unlikely to remove exactly the same mix of components in the same proportions.The Neem oil yield that can be obtained from neem seed kernels varies also widely in literature and varies from 25% to 45%.
The oil can be obtained through pressing (crushing) of the seed kernel both through cold pressing or through a process incorporating temperature controls.
Neem seed oil can also be obtained by solvent extraction of the neem seed, fruit, oilcake or kernel. A large industry in India extracts the oil remaining in the seed cake using hexane. This solvent-extracted oil is of a lower quality as compared to the cold pressed oil and is mostly used for soap manufacturing. Neem cake is a by-product obtained in the solvent extraction process for neem oil.
Neem Oil Uses

Neem oil is not used for cooking purposes but, in India and Bangladesh, it is used for preparing cosmetics (soap, hair products, body hygiene creams, hand creams) and in Ayurvedic, Unani and folklore traditional medicine, in the treatment of a wide range of afflictions. The most frequently reported indications in ancient Ayurvedic writings are skin diseases, inflammations and fevers, and more recently rheumatic disorders, insect repellent and insecticide effects.
Traditional Ayurvedic uses of neem include the treatment of fever, leprosy, malaria, ophthalmia and tuberculosis. Various folk remedies for neem include use as an anthelmintic, antifeedant, antiseptic, diuretic, emmenagogue, contraceptive, febrifuge, parasiticide, pediculocide and insecticide. It has been used in traditional medicine for the treatment of tetanus, urticaria, eczema, scrofula and erysipelas. Traditional routes of administration of neem extracts included oral, vaginal and topical use. Neem oil has an extensive history of human use in India and surrounding regions for a variety of therapeutic purposes.
Formulations made of Neem oil also find wide usage as a bio-pesticide for organic farming, as it repels a wide variety of pests including the mealy bug, beet armyworm, aphids, the cabbage worm, nematodes and the Japanese beetle. Neem Oil is non-toxic to mammals and birds as well as many beneficial insects such as honeybees and lady bugs. Neem oil also controls black spot, powdery mildew, anthracnose and rust (fungus).

Traditional routes of administration of neem extracts included oral, vaginal and topical use. Neem oil has an extensive history of human use in India and surrounding regions for a variety of therapeutic purposes.

Interesting...

I can't handle the neem oil smell either, it starts attacking my gag reflexes.

I use the powder as a tea or mix it with another paste.

I can handle the smell of this much better.

:perplexed
I did not know that it had a bad smell. I wish I knew that before I ordered it. It will probally get it on Monday, if it I can't take the smell I guess I will just have to use it in the garden next spring.

If neem's effectiveness is as strong as its stank, nasty, RANK smell, then I'm sure that no fungus, bacteria, or other microorganism out there will survive once some neem is dumped on it. I don't know how it works for hair but I do know that it is pretty good at softening skin.

If neem's effectiveness is as strong as its stank, nasty, RANK smell, then I'm sure that no fungus, bacteria, or other microorganism out there will survive once some neem is dumped on it. I don't know how it works for hair but I do know that it is pretty good at softening skin.
Yuck......I wouldn't put that stuff anywhere near my hair, let alone my skin. I ordered some from fromnaturewithlove and as soon as I took a whiff of it, I tossed it. I didn't even care about the money I spent on it (it was less than $8 so I didn't feel that bad), I got rid of it.

Yuck......I wouldn't put that stuff anywhere near my hair, let alone my skin. I ordered some from fromnaturewithlove and as soon as I took a whiff of it, I tossed it. I didn't even care about the money I spent on it (it was less than $8 so I didn't feel that bad), I got rid of it.
:lachen:Yea that stuff is pretty bad, huh? But you know what's worse? Acne. I'm in my friggin 20s and I still have to deal with the occasional break-out. Neem is like acid--dab that shyt on any zit and the zit goes poof...and the skin left feels really soft. I can't stand the smell but I have to admit it works.

so glad so many of you have come over to the ayurvedic side!!!

this is liek the secret ive finally found!

Back