MT + Neem Oil?

Soliel185

MT + Neem Oil = Best Growth Aid Ever - or Horrible Stinky Mess?

I use MT - and I'm about to mix up another batch to put in my applicator bottle. In the past I've used grapeseed or almond oil and SAA as part of my mixture.

I was reading about Neem oil and thought it would be beneficial (I have dry scalp issues) so I ordered a bottle and it came yesterday. Here's some backround on the oil:

Neem oil is an excellent moisturizing oil and contains various compounds that have insecticidal and medicinal properties. It is used in making shampoos, toothpaste, soaps, cosmetics, mosquito repellants, creams and lotions, pet products like pet shampoo, etc. It also contains vitamin E, other essential amino acids and some percentages of fatty acids. Neem oil is used for treating many skin diseases viz. eczema, psoriasis, skin allergies, etc. and is being studied for making contraceptives in India.

My theory is that Neem and MT together could have the combined effects of MN and MT. MN is antifungal, and that appears to be how/why it encourages hair growth....plus I'm hoping the MT will cover the Neem odor :barf:

What do you guys think? Will they mix well? Will one diminish the effectiveness of the other, or will they make each other better? :drunk:

Last edited:
Girl, I have a big ole bottle of Neem Oil, and I just give it the sideeye every time I think about it. I don't know if ANYTHING will kill that 'aroma'.
I don't see why it wouldn't work with MT, though. I'd only mix up a TINY bit, though, jsut to try it out and no spoil too much MT with that funky stuff. :lol:

Girl, I have a big ole bottle of Neem Oil, and I just give it the sideeye every time I think about it. I don't know if ANYTHING will kill that 'aroma'.
I don't see why it wouldn't work with MT, though. I'd only mix up a TINY bit, though, jsut to try it out and no spoil too much MT with that funky stuff. :lol:

Mine kinda smells like middle eastern food....that's been left out overnight. :lachen::nono: I don't mix that much extra into my MT - just enough to make it easier to apply with the bottle, so we'll see. After this batch I have to buy a new bottle anyway.

Hopefully the scarf tied over my head will keep the smell tamped down enough for my SO to still sleep next to me. :blush::grin:

Lol good luck! My neem oil is here staring at me. I've used it twice and have yet to tame the smell

Back