Need some Advice: Will it ever even out?

Prettypsych

With exception of breakage in the past, my hair has always grown evenly. So, I have natural "layers". Even though my hair is typically all the same length all around my head, I can't just say I'm shoulder length, b/c I'm also chin length, eye length blah, blah, blah...

My back layer just grew past shoulder length, but it's hard to be ecstatic because it doesn't appear as such unless my back is hanging out and stretched.:perplexed

How have you ladies dealt with this? Does it ever "even out" without cutting??

Last edited:

ravenmerlita

I haven't found that it will even out without cutting. But I try not to worry about it as long as the ends aren't bad. I wear my hair in a lot of roller-sets so the layers don't matter as much but it is hard to appreciate the length this way. Flat ironing straight let's me see the length better but it also doesn't look as full since it's full of layers.

I don't see a reason to cut unless it really frustrates you or you don't like the way it looks styled.

danigurl18

My hair has the same problem... I just decided to keep letting it grow and I try to even it up every couple of months but I think that it's a failing cause...