I am sick and tired on these layers!

Kamilla16

I am so sick of having layers. The worst part about them is that I got it from breakage, not by a cut
ohwell.gif
Okay, the front of my hair is about chin-length and the back is shoulder-length. Have any of you grown out layers similar to this? I can't wait till my hair is longer so that its shoulder length in front and brastrap in the back
smile.gif
I'll be waiting till then! Does anyone feel my pain?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does anyone feel my pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do! I have layers and growing them out is the most frustrating thing. I don't think I'll ever have my hair all one length because my hair grows much faster in the back than in the front of my head.
ohwell.gif

Although I haven't "overcome" this, I definately feel your pain. I'm at the same exact lengths and have the same goal you have. My hair got like this from stylists cutting it into layers (against my will) and some damage. I feel like the hair in the front is the hardest to grow long. I swear that the pieces that frame my face have stayed chin length forever!!!

I knew I wasn't the only one! Yeah!
drunk.gif
Just kidding. I just washed my hair tonight and I spotted new growth in the middle and back but I hardly saw any in the very front. Isn't that crazy! But I was also reading up on the hair growth cycle and could it be possible my hair in the front has more strands in the resting stage? I dunno
ohwell.gif

Yes I have the exact thing you have. The breakage and the layers. Except my hair is chin lenght and the front of my head grows faster than the back.

spinning.gif
we must be twins, I swear I see the same thing!! On one hand, its okay because I can stretch out my relaxers more (since the front has next to none new growth), but it makes me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
because I just don't see how its possible that the front grows slower than the rest of my hair. I know there is breakage to take into account, but new growth is proof of life, you know?? I guess my strands in the front are in permanent resting stage.

At least since I started "lurking" here things are getting way better but the hairline just grows so
censored.gif
slow!!!

Well I don't have a relaxer, and my hair is an inch longer than your hair (except that my layers start at 9"). I'm not suffering from any damage, but my hair has always grown out this way. I think it is the natural v-shape most peoples hair grows in. Before I cut my hair it was was about four inches longer in the back and my sides tapered to the longest point.

I cut my hair in November to even up layers and cut my shag to even my hairgrowth. The back has still grown longer than the sides. I've just given up. So I've decided to let my hair grow as long as it can, then I'll cut it even...maybe.

skegeesmb said:
I cut my hair in November to even up layers and cut my shag to even my hairgrowth. The back has still grown longer than the sides. I've just given up.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="orange">Well, this is horrible news.
wallbash.gif

My hair grows faster in the back too and I've definitely got a shag thing going on.
frown.gif
I was thinking of just trimming monthly to keep it even...
look.gif
</font>

Kaela, we ARE hair twins
wink.gif
Yeah I can really strech out my relaxers too! How long do you wait in between relaxer touch ups? I waited 9 weeks last time, but I think I could have gone a couple more weeks with no problem
smirk.gif
I dunno what it is about our slow growing hair in the front
confused.gif
Maybe my hair is growing in the front, but it is so similar to my relaxed hair texture, so I can't tell? I guess time can only tell.

pebbles said:
Does anyone feel my pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do! I have layers and growing them out is the most frustrating thing. I don't think I'll ever have my hair all one length because my hair grows much faster in the back than in the front of my head.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, Pebbles!! It just seems like the back is growing like a weed while the sides and front are staying the same!!!
mad.gif
I guess I can't complain TOO much though...(at least the back is getting long!!!)

I feel you on this. I hate it. My hair ranges from 1in to 4.5in. I decided that I am going to cut my hair down to one inch with the back a little shorter, since it grows the fastest.

Sign me up for this club, please!
laugh.gif

With me, it started out last August. I told the hairdresser to layer the fronts of my hair, to give it that graduating look, like going from shorter to longer, but just on the sides. Do you know this ignorant **** gonna cut the hair all one length on the sides? It looked so ugly! Just looked like 2 plain ole lengths. And I told her that it should start out chin length, and work its way longer. She gonna cut the sides all one length above my chin. I was pissed. No more of her!

Now, it is all a little past chin length on the sides, and this is pretty bad. It's like it doesn't even want to grow anymore. Then, I had to trim some last month, and now it really looks ragged. After my next perm, I am going to have to pull out the scissors again, this time to make it look all the same chin length (I was just cutting according to the split ends I saw, rather than worrying about evening the stuff out (BIG MISTAKE)! Now, my ends all round look like they are thinned!
blush.gif

I can't wait to correct these problems. Earlier this year, I was thinking about getting layers done all over to conceal the problem, but what's the use in cutting unnecessary hair? I'll just have to wait to achieve my goal first.

Oh yeah, MOTIONS SUCK!

(sorry, I just felt like saying that)

Karonica said:
Sign me up for this club, please!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is the SICK OF LAYERS CLUB!
grin.gif

I totoally understand. My shortest layer is two inches poast my shoulder and my longest is almost brastrap length, but it seems like to two layers are never gonna meet up !!

Kamilla16 said:
I can't wait till my hair is longer so that its shoulder length in front and brastrap in the back
smile.gif
I'll be waiting till then! Does anyone feel my pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

that is exactly where my hair is now! the only difference is that i've learned to accept the way my hair grows and make it work for me. i think that because of the layers, my hair appears much thicker than it is. also when people see me, they don't see ANY layers. they see that "adrienne has bra strap length hair."
smile.gif
laugh.gif

adrienne

Back