Need Help Naming My Salon

Swang Salon
The Salon
Heart Of Hair
Glorious Mane
The Swang
Gro-Tress Salon

I like "Heart of Hair." I think you should go with classy. So many people on here have posted about just wanting some professionalism from their stylists. You want to convey that professionalism in everything. But, you especially want to convey it in the name you choose for your salon because that is the FIRST impression people will get. If you go with to "hip, fresh, young, or quirky," you may unintentionally turn-off a certain type of clientele--the kind with the $$$ to actually patronize a salon frequently.

i agree classy versus trendy resonates with me

i like

"Healthy Hair Journey"

to me it speaks to a wide clientele..and at the end of the day ppl want healthy hair--that concept is universal

or something with the word "Coif" ..to me certain words resonate with a certain clientele...

good luck!

I like "Heart of Hair." I think you should go with classy. So many people on here have posted about just wanting some professionalism from their stylists. You want to convey that professionalism in everything. But, you especially want to convey it in the name you choose for your salon because that is the FIRST impression people will get. If you go with to "hip, fresh, young, or quirky," you may unintentionally turn-off a certain type of clientele--the kind with the $$$ to actually patronize a salon frequently.

Salon Retension--- you retain our services, we retain your length

The Kinky Klub--we welcome all types

Curlieque's--where natural curls are loved

The Natural Selection--where the stylist is your hair survival guide

...Thought I'd give it a shot

Salon Retension--- you retain our services, we retain your length

The Kinky Klub--we welcome all types

Curlieque's--where natural curls are loved

The Natural Selection--where the stylist is your hair survival guide

...Thought I'd give it a shot

GREAT! I love Salon Retention
:lachen::lol::lachen::yep:

Some of these names listed so far are really catchy!
Here's my contribution-
Natural1 Hair Studio
Luscious Locs
Healthy Hair Spa
Coils and Curls Hair Salon
OK..that's all I can think of for now..congrats to you on making this much needed business move happen! :)

I just finished getting my business license & LLC for my salon/products. Here are some names that I had. ****some are really crazy, but it may help with brain storming***:grin:

1. Good Hair Holistic Hair Care
2. Oh So Chic Holistic Hair Care
3. Kinky Obsession Holistic Hair Care
4. Kinky Chic Holistic Hair Care
5. Chic Holistic Hair Care
6. Crown & Glory Holistic Hair Care
7. Hairstories Holistic Hair Care
8. Hair Today Holistic Hair Care
9. Hairology
10. Mane Veda
11. Mane Motive
12. Mane Attraction
13. Nuts & Berries
14. Mane Obsession
15. Folicalogic
16. Strandz
17. Hair by Angie
18. Mane ingredients
19. You Grow Girl
20. Amane
21. Butter Mane
22. Hair lyrics
23. Kinky Straight or wavy
24. Hair we Grow
25. naturally stranded
26. Mane 360

Hair Couture(sp) by- insert your first name here.

Fashion Hair (got it from Fashion Fair lolol)

The Hair Boutique

My $0.02!

Here's a few (out of this list I really like - Healthy Tresses (it is a sound name)

A Class Hair
AA Total Care (African American)
Divine Hair
Ebony Hair Spa
Ebony Salon
Ebony Tresses
Elle Coiffure
Enriched Care
Extensive Care
First Class Care
Glamour Coiffure
Glorious Hair
Grow w/ Me
Growth Divine
Hair Spa
Hair Spa 1
Healthy Tresses
Her's Salon
LHC Studio
Pampered Hair
Pride and Glory ( Usually we say a woman's hair is her pride and glory)

All the best!

Congrats!!!

I like a lot of the ones listed in this thread. I'm in Brooklyn so definitely post the salon info once you have details.

Favs are:

Hair to There Hair Studio
Curl Up and Dye is really cute but it does suggest limitations of services
Curls Gone Wild is also cute but again suggests limitations on services
Distressed Tresses RX "We doctor your tresses back to life"
Growing Hands Hair Studio
The Hair Spot
Trendy Tresses
Luscious Locs Hair Spa
Healthy Hair Spa
Kinks, Coils and Curls Hair Spa (although it suggests servies are limited to curly heads)
Mane Obsession
Strandz
Pampered Hair Salon
Pride and Glory Hair Spa

My only suggestion is do NOT add the street name as part of the Salon name. If you become a chain, or if your landlord will not renew your lease, you are stuck with that name or stuck rebuilding clientele should you decide to change the salon name when/if the street name changes i.e., Sixth Ave Hair Studio, but your lease is not renewed and you have to find space on First Ave.

ETA: Not so say that it cannot ever work to use a street name. Duane Reade drug stores in NYC came about from the location of the first store in 1960, at the corner of Duane Street and Reade Street in lower Manhattan.

Last edited:
From the ones that have been mentioned, I like:

'Love Your Hair' and 'Growing Textures.

I think if your mission, as you stated, is specifically to help 'those with 3 and 4 type hair to grow their hair ... then the word "grow" in the Salon name could be helpful. You'd be catching the attention of those who are actually looking to grow their hair.

Grow Healthy Hair
Growing Curls
Grow 'N' Style

Oh, I am in NJ by the way and looking for a new natural hair salon - so PLEASE give your details when all systems are a go.

Are you in Brooklyn or Manhattan? Hopefully near a subway stop..hint hint.

I would check out a place called Curls gone wild before "bounce, inc". I would assume a salon named "Bounce, Inc" was for white women.

I like Curls Gone Wild. Since I am taking a Design Class I've learned that a name is of great importance. The name can catch someone's eye and cause intrigue, making them come and see what's going on. Also the font you use on the sign can be elegant saying that it isn't any ole' raunchy place.

Back