Need Help Naming My Salon

Chevelure618

Dear Sisters,

I'm wracking my brain trying for come up with a name for the hair salon I want to open. I'm reviewing the lease now....looks like this really might happen. It will be a hair salon promoting the techniques, products and philosophies that we've all come to know here, in order to help women with Types 3 and 4 hair grow it to great lengths. The name I had my heart set on was not available in New York State, so I'm back to square one.

I ask for your help in naming my salon. It should be short, catchy, maybe funky or quirky, or elegant, modern or sassy, but easy to spell and put across what the salon offers. I know there are some PR and Marketing ladies here on the forum. Please reply with names. I appreciate your help. Nothing corny though. 'Curl Up and Dye' or 'Mane Attraction' aren't my cup of tea.

Brain storming...: :spinning:

Ultimate Hair Care
Lovely Tresses
Hair Galore
Naturally You
Natural Glamour
I "heart symbol" Hair
Conventional Hair Care

Hey! don't forget to tell us where you're located. You will be bombarded with "Niko's Cousins" on opening day!! Good luck, and Best Wishes in all your endeavors!!

I really want the name to appeal to the woman with short broken, damaged hair who really wants to grow her own. The original name on my business plan was 'Gro-It!', but my partner didn't like it. Then I was dead-set on 'Bounce, Inc', but the name was not available in NY, although that company has since closed and the name should be available (I'll have to ask my lawyer). In my research, about salon naming, they say unique and zany are best, that sometimes the name alone makes people walk in. It is a small salon, located on the main street of my city between two much larger upscale "white" salons. There are no other black salons on that end of the street, so it will get attention as it is. So it does need a catchy name.

Bumping for even more name ideas...

Aww..I hope you can get Bounce, Inc. or some variation thereof, cos that is so cute. piggybacking off of a previous poster, how about Swang, Inc? Or Swing, Inc.. lol

Bouncy Tresses
Bouncy Textures
Natural Bounce
Grow Bounce
Growing Textures

Last edited:
Studio ("name of the street where it's located"), Total (comprehensive, natural, holistic) Hair Care

OR

Studio ("name of the street where it's located"), Healthy Hair Center

I *heart* Curls Gone Wild..That is super cute!

Swang n thangs (LOL)

Healthy Tresses

Love your hair

N2 Hair

Patches (TOTALLY KIDDING)

I love "Curls Gone Wild" and "Curl Up & Dye". Congrats on your new salon. I live in Brooklyn, NY so please let me know where your salon will be located when everything is situated. :)

Studio ("name of the street where it's located"), Total (comprehensive, natural, holistic) Hair Care

OR

Studio ("name of the street where it's located"), Healthy Hair Center

I like this!! to the point!

CONGRATS!! And best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Salon Bounce & Swang

From Naps to Swang

Curls, Bounce and Swang

Distressed Tresses RX "We doctor your tresses back to life"

Happily Nappily

Hey! don't forget to tell us where you're located. You will be bombarded with "Niko's Cousins" on opening day!! Good luck, and Best Wishes in all your endeavors!!

I love "Curls Gone Wild" and "Curl Up & Dye". Congrats on your new salon. I live in Brooklyn, NY so please let me know where your salon will be located when everything is situated. :)

Yes yes, let us know where you will be located, I'm in NY too :grin:

Here are some names I came up with

Length, Strength, & Style
Healthy Styling
Regrow & Retain
Growing Hands

Back