Need advice on stretching out relaxers

Tene

I'm trying to stretch it to at least 12 weeks, so far so good. I'm only 6 weeks post relaxer and my hair is thick now and I was wondering what should I do to prevent breakage and tangling, etc? Also don't I only comb my hair when it's wet?

Surprising myself I lasted almost 11 weeks and when I get a touch up next wednesday it will be 12 weeks. I made it by CO washes, not combing hair when dried and keeping it moisturezed with shea butter. I still wear my hair down with rollersets and Bantu Knot Sets but mostly rollersets. I roll my hair when wet and air dry it over night and mostley finger comb it in the morning.

HTH

My roller sets are not always perfect, after my shower I spray Motion Leave In then I part my hair with the tail of a rattail comb and put a little shea butter on the whole section then I roll the section back. Usually I roll my hair back.

CO: Conditioner washes

With stretching out my relaxer it was important to section my hair and to apply a moisturizer before I combed my hair. I tried to do very little combing while wet, I would lose too much hair that way.

To prevent breakage and tangling: Do conditioner washes (every 8-10 days with Aubrey Organics GPB followed by Kera Care Humecto.. both without heat) works for me, and moisturize newgrowth daily with a creme hairdress, hair butter (avocado butter etc...), leave-in conditioner, or essential oil. All of these practices have worked wonderfully in helping me space my relaxers out.
smile.gif

I've gone without a relaxer for 20 weeks now. I would say moisturizing is extremely important. I wash my hair weekly and do a pre-shampoo treatment. Then I condition with a moisturizing conditioner and oil, and follow-up with a leave-in and daily moisturizer. Right now, I have a lot of new growth, so I twisted my own hair. I am going to keep my hair twisted until it is almost time for my next relaxer (July ).

I do Co washes and I use Profectiv Roothealth,castor oil to soften newgrowth when newgrowth gets really bad I bring out Sta So Fro I went 16 weeks for the first time this year.

Back