Do we need a clarifying and gentle shampoo?

caress

I was just thinking that instead of using a gentle shampoo and a clarifying shampoo that I might be fine with just one that is not labeled/considered either gentle or clarifying. Would doing this eliminate the need for seperate shampoos? I am trying to pare down some of the products that I use and I'm thinking about just using one shampoo and lathering up maybe once for the most part lathering up 2 or 3 times for a deeper cleansing. This is pretty much what was done to my hair as a child except I got my hair washed every 2 weeks and it would get lathererd up 3 times before moving on to a conditioner.

Any thoughts? I'm starting to think that some of the old school practices were not all bad.

I'd say its definately worth a try. I'd still use a shampoo that is more clarifying than not. I think a good one for this is Joico Resolve, I think its an effective clarifier, but not too strong. I'm sure there are others out there. what you could do is use your single shampoo diluted, and just use it primarily on the scalp and not really mess with the rest of your length...until the days you want to clarify. Or you could do a pretreatment with hot oil or conditioner, lather once, and condition.

Just a thought...

This is what I'm thinking. I normally use Elasta QP Creme Conditoning Shampoo which makes my hair soft, smooth and detangled. I also use V05 kiwi lime clarifying shampoo about every 4 weeks. For my last shampoo I used the V05 followed by the Elasta QP. Then I used Redken All Soft Conditioner overnight and when I woke up I rinsed that out and used my Porosity Control Conditioner. I responded differently than the last time I used it. My hair was extra soft, smooth but very full. I'm wondering if you get the full benefits of your conditioner or other hair products when you use a gentle shampoo or do conditioner only washes.

This is why I may go back to just using a regular shampoo all the time. Maybe I'll concentrate it on my roots like I have in the past but when I want a deeper cleansing I'll use it all over, maybe even lathering up 2 or 3 times.

[ QUOTE ]
Kaela said:
I'd say its definately worth a try. I'd still use a shampoo that is more clarifying than not. I think a good one for this is Joico Resolve, I think its an effective clarifier, but not too strong. I'm sure there are others out there. what you could do is use your single shampoo diluted, and just use it primarily on the scalp and not really mess with the rest of your length...until the days you want to clarify. Or you could do a pretreatment with hot oil or conditioner, lather once, and condition.

Just a thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have diluted my shampoo in the past so I may do this too.

Back