Need A Gel

Devi

I'm going shopping for hair stuff tomorrow
weird.gif
and I need a recommendation on a good gel/mousse.

I don't want soft hold. I want something with ULTRA hard hold, it makes my curls look better. But I don't want it to have any alcohol or mineral oil/petroleum.

I'm using one of those garnier fructise mousses now and it's ok, but I want something better that's healthy for my hair.

And I would prefer something that comes in a big bottle/jar because I really goop the gel on and I have lots of hair so one little bitty jar ain't gonna hold up for long.
spinning.gif

I use Ic fantasia aloe vera gel. It has no alcohol in it and it doesnt makes my hair hard and crispy but TRUST ME it keeps my dense thick hair under control and define very well my curls!!! It also add shine to your hair . So far its the ebst one ive been using it for over a year. At the beginning when I had a twa it would make my hair flakes not anymore . You should give it a try its not expensive and doesnt dry your hair!

Casarela

I don't use gels (at least not yet since I just started transitioning), but I heard these two gels were good:

Fantasia Frizz Buster Straigthening Gel

Fantasia IC Gel

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I don't use gels (at least not yet since I just started transitioning), but I heard these two gels were good:

Fantasia Frizz Buster Straigthening Gel

Fantasia IC Gel

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't use gels before I started transitioning either. I wanted to avoid gels as much as possible but it's worked its way into my daily routine...

Anyways, I use Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. It comes in a large jar for $4.99 at Sally's and has no alcohol.

Back to Basics makes a very good alcohol-free gel in the Green Tea line. I used it for a while and it worked great, but my hair has grown out of the style that I used it for. It comes in a 10 oz size I believe.

Thanks everyone. I got the smooth n shine stuff. If it doesn't work out I'll try one of the others that you suggested
smile.gif

You said super hard? All I can think of for super hard is Pro-Style (the brown or as they say "dookie" gel). Hell, it works though. It does have protein.

Next would be the Fantasia Aloe Gel.
smile.gif
I like the one in the jar as opposed to the tube.
laugh.gif

Back