Mousse users - curly girls - how do you select a mousse?

naturalmanenyc

I am researching a mousse to try and there are just so many types? Ultra hold, light, weightless, etc. What does it all mean?

I want to use the mousse for a wash & go if that makes a difference. I am not looking for a gel-like mousse since I've already done a gel WNG.

Any opinions on a good mousse to try for WNG styles?

The best mouse I ever had was Aussies Mousse plus leave in. I would still used my own leave in but I put this over the ends of my hair. My hair ALWAYS felt like butter but with no frizz. It held the curls but didn't make them crunchy. They discontinued it :nono:

So now I am using Salon Grafix and Silk Element Curl Defining. They are okay. Depending on how much I use there may be a little crunch but not too much.

I cosign with Filmatic. Try to look for a moisturizing mousse. Almost all mousses have alcohol in them which can be drying to the hair (and we don't want that). I gave up on mousse because of that.

I :love: Dove Body & Lift Mousse for my twistouts. Makes them defined but soft and never dries my hair out. Plus the smell is heavenly :yep:

Gel seems to leave my thin hair a bit flat. I want to try mousse for some volume. I picked up Herbal Essences totally twisted mousse tonight, after pulling up Mahogany Curls youtube site in the store. lol

I will give it a try by the end of the week.

Hey,

I went through the same thing last week after watching a sister with 4b thin hair suggest Mizani Wrapping foam. I purchased on Thur, 1 Apr and it did the smoothing I needed. It was $16 bucks at ULTA Beauty Store. It didn't leave my hair crunchy.

India

Back