NATURALS: post PICS of your SHRINKAGE!

One more:

ddd.jpg

25.jpg

But I bow to Queen Mwedzi!:grin: Gorgeous!

Sorry in advance if the pics are too huge...

These are pics of my daughter's hair, I don't have any on hand of her hair straightened/stretched out...

A little while after these pics were taken, she had a relaxer put it in. I never retouched it or anything, just let it grow out. As of last night, she's now 100% natural again, about SL stretched. She was upset but she'll be alright, lol

ETA she was 8 in these pictures. She'll be 10 this year.

v595bs.jpg

wmdmc7.jpg

My hair isn't fully shrunken in this pic; it's slightly stretched via a twistout.

AUGUST 2008 PHOTOS:
f_july28fvim_d972ba2.jpg

f_july28dvim_20046e8.jpg

WILLS MY HAIR TO GROW! All of you have the most beautiful hair...I cannot wait until I have enough length to stretch like that

Wow! These photos and all this major shrinkage! I've never seen anything like this. Can't wait 'till I can post some. Just gives me more to look forward to now that I'm au naturale! :grin: I have a lot of shrinkage too. I just BC'd though so it's nothing compared to you ladies.

OK, This is now officially my second favorite thread ever.
Next to the fabulishious Find your texture twin thread. That's still number one for me.

I don't have any new pics, but the this pic shows shrinkage from a few years ago. If I let my hair shrink up now, it'd still look almost the same.

hair2-vi.jpg

This pic is my hair stretched in July 2008.
Anniversary2008199.jpg

That is just :spinning: :lick: :yep: !! (Off to stalk your fotki)

I'm sitting here just going OMG OMG OMG OMG. this is sooo cool! at least I can see pics of what I have to look forward to. I'm complaining about shrinkage with only 4 inches of hair...:bowdown: you ladies are awesome inspiration for a newly natural with a nappy TWA!!!!

Here's my contribution (though my hair hadn't yet got to it's full shrunken potential--I only wet one side of my hair and took this pic soon after):

Hairpicsandmisc038-vi.jpg

Update:

Here's a pic from Dec. 2009 that shows my shrinkage even more.
halfstraightback-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Beautifull hair ladies!! Make me wanna dip my head in water and take pictures of my hair...but i am cold at the moment and its in braids....but just lovely. I love the thickness of some of the hair I have just seen I wish my hair was that thick but I was blessed with fine hair....

Here's mine:

GEDC0147-1.jpg

Fresh wash, No product

GEDC0173-1.jpg

My drying style

GEDC0128.jpg

Flat ironed and trimmed

Shrinkage aint no JOKE! :nono:

Last edited:
Okay some of these pics in this thread don't qualify as shrinkage...that's all I got to say.

I should be in at least the top 5 of the Queen's of Shrinkage list.

Me no product, after an Alma heavy henna treatment.
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

I found out Alma helps my hair shrink even more, as if it needed help :lol: Yogurt and MillCreek Keratin protein loosens it up a good bit.

I keep my hair stretched 90% of the time, I wash in loose braids and DC in twisted up sections. I always dry stretched in braids or for straight looks in a roller set. This stops the single strand knots, and it cuts my detangle time down considerably because I essentially never let it get tangled in the first place. The only time I let it all down is on henna day (picture above) I have to do that to get all the henna out.

The thing I love about my hair is that its soft so stretches out easily and stays stretched for the most part.

Last edited:
I want to play too :

Attachments

• shrinkage.jpg
    shrinkage.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 89
  • shrinkage 1.jpg
    shrinkage 1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 90
Back