Attack of the Shrinkage (PIC HEAVY)

goodmorningruby

Thought I'd share...Okay, so I'm doing a six month stretch right now with texlaxed shoulder length hair. I'm almost five months post and I did a braidout this week (which is rare for me, just like flat ironing). Anyway, I think it came out great, the following pictures don't do it justice. I think I'm going to moisturize and band or re-braid or something tonight to "stretch" it out more.

The one thing I was so surprised about with this braid out was the shrinkage. I have A LOT of new growth right now and it's making itself known. :lachen: There was soooooooo much shrinkage. Unbelievable...I think the braid out put me at neck length? :lachen: And I must admit, when the humidity got to it, I was even more pleased. :yep: Soft, big and fluffy. I wouldn't mind a BAA version of this style. :grin: Here are the results, sorry for the bad angles and blurriness:

EDIT DELETED PICS

Long term stretchers, where you at? Isn't this shrinkage thing something else?

Last edited:

Aggie

Love your hair color GMR, very pretty and thick. I have a lot of shrinkage when I do long stretches as well and it makes the ends look thinner than it really is. Don't worry, this is normal.