Naturals- Please help, what moisturizer are you using?

Qhemets user here.

The heavy cream is lovely but doesn't help with tangles. For tangles I use her Olive Detangling Cream as a leave-in.

Right now I am still searching, I Love Qhemet Biologics, but I am trying to get away from Online Ordering but I guess I can't, But for me it would be QB Heavy Cream, But I am looking to try Oyins whipped pudding, I Like her Greg Juice even though I have to dilute it due to the Glycerin content. I also want to try My Ashas too. I want that sunkissed hair shine she has

I use distilled water and BB Oil Hair Lotion Moisturizer w/ Castor Oil & Aloe to moisturize my hair.

GirlywithCurlies said:
I alternate between Miss Jessie's Buttercreme and Anita Grant's Whipped Butter. Both leave my hair unbeliveably soft and moisturized.

When I want more hold I'll use Kinky Curly Curling Custard mixed with a little Fantasia IC gel.

Thanks for this tip. I've never used MJ Buttercreme on my hair. Only the Baby Buttercreme on my 3-year old (which is mahvelus). And since I'm going back natural, I was wondering what a good moisturizer would be to use with the Fantasia IC gel. My hair (when I was natural 2 years ago) LOVES that stuff. But it wasn't very moisturizing and I had a hard time finding something that would mix with the gel w/o turning my hair white. So thank you thank you thank you. You just saved my pj'ism.

I swear by Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion if I'm planning to flat iron my natural hair. However, if I'm going to wear it curly (see attached photo), then I need something heavier. I usually use some grease, like Proline Coconut Oil or BB Extra Lite SuperGro oil (love it!). Then I put some Curl activator gel by Worlds of Curls in it to keep the curls in place.

Attachments

• natural_hair.jpg
    natural_hair.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 31
Ms Lala said:
You all are really making me want to try the Qhemets heavy cream. Is it greasy?
I want to try it too but I don't want to pay over $10 for a moisturizer that may not work good for my hair...is it really worth the price ladies???

SNyeema said:
Thanks for this tip. I've never used MJ Buttercreme on my hair. Only the Baby Buttercreme on my 3-year old (which is mahvelus). And since I'm going back natural, I was wondering what a good moisturizer would be to use with the Fantasia IC gel. My hair (when I was natural 2 years ago) LOVES that stuff. But it wasn't very moisturizing and I had a hard time finding something that would mix with the gel w/o turning my hair white. So thank you thank you thank you. You just saved my pj'ism.

Happy to know my pjism is saving others from the same fate!

It's a great combo once you know how much of each your hair needs.

OP - Anita Grant is only available online for the American ladies, but totally worth every cent in shipping! Love it love it love it.

I put coconut milk in my hair for 4-5 hrs after I washed. Then I put coconut or castor oil on my hair. I love these oils:D

Poohbear said:
I want to try it too but I don't want to pay over $10 for a moisturizer that may not work good for my hair...is it really worth the price ladies???
This is why I haven't tried it yet. I have alot of hair (it's thick) and I need something that will last for a little while. Especially if I'm ordering online. But if it's really good I'll go ahead and try it.

Cocomama- Do you rinse out the coconut milk or are you using this as a leave in?

I'm going to end up spending money I don't need to spend!

Last edited:
aveda be curly lotion and/or aveda damage control spray. sometimes i use them together, sometimes independently...love em both :love:

Currently, I'm using virgin mango butter mixed with jojoba oil (Hobacare brand), a little of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil, and Sodium lactate. It's working great for me especially combined with the nightly full-head baggy technique.

I use coconut milk 2xs a week. I believe this is solving all my dry hair issues. I even dyed by hair copper two weeks ago. For fear of it being dried out I am faithful with my CM treatment. I also CW everymorning and apply daily doctor . This balances my hair for moisture and strength. I have nice definition too on my 4a/4b strands. I may seal with Hot 6 oil for a little extra protection HTH

Ms Lala said:
This is why I haven't tried it yet. I have alot of hair (it's thick) and I need something that will last for a little while. Especially if I'm ordering online. But if it's really good I'll go ahead and try it.

Cocomama- Do you rinse out the coconut milk or are you using this as a leave in?

I'm going to end up spending money I don't need to spend!

@ Poohbear and Ms Lala
I used the Heavy Cream before, and I didn't like it very much because it was soooooo thick. You have to go easy on it, because castor oil is it's first ingredient, and it can have a sticky feel. You could use it for twists, though - it would keep them really soft.
I, personally, preferred the Sidr Tree butter, but I wouldn't repurchase either.

On the other hand, a lot of people seem to *love* the heavy cream.

Lanelle said:
Currently, I'm using virgin mango butter mixed with jojoba oil (Hobacare brand), a little of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil, and Sodium lactate. It's working great for me especially combined with the nightly full-head baggy technique.

I would like to use sodium lactate- where did you get it from?

I use a homemade spritz of Rosewater, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine & essentials oils. I then seal with Anita Grant's whipped butter

ToyToy said:
@ Poohbear and Ms Lala
I used the Heavy Cream before, and I didn't like it very much because it was soooooo thick. You have to go easy on it, because castor oil is it's first ingredient, and it can have a sticky feel. You could use it for twists, though - it would keep them really soft.
I, personally, preferred the Sidr Tree butter, but I wouldn't repurchase either.

On the other hand, a lot of people seem to *love* the heavy cream.
Thanks for your review. My hair doesn't like thick stuff so maybe, just maybe the Qhemet Alma and Olive Heavy Cream isn't for my hair.

Ms Lala said:
You all are really making me want to try the Qhemets heavy cream. Is it greasy?
I don't think it's greasy, just creamy and thick. Some ladies have said it's too heavy and have had more success w/ the Sidr Tree Butter because it's lighter but it dosen't take much of the heavy cream and as long as you don't use too much you should be fine. I like heavier moisturizers so it works great for me.

Whipped Pudding from Oyin is very good too. I just love the chocolate smell, yumm.

Poohbear said:
It's worth $10 to me but I don't think i"d go over that, have her prices went up? It lasts a very long time though. I use it every other day, sometimes daily and i've had mine at least a year and a half and i'm no where near done. I use a very small pea sized amound because it can be heavy. Maybe you can try her sample pack Poohbear.

Poohbear said:
I use distilled water and BB Oil Hair Lotion Moisturizer w/ Castor Oil & Aloe to moisturize my hair.

I just tried the BB lotion and the jury is still out. I will let you know how it goes once I"ve used it for a couple of days straight. So far I like it.

vitapointe works well for my ends...I have 5 big ol jars fom work for free :lol: it has a lot of "bad" ingredients that folk wouldnt dare touch use but it works for me.

My deep conditioner is Elasta QP's Intense Fortifying Moisturizing Conditioner. My daily moisturizer is a mister bottle, with Oyin's Honey Hemp, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, glycerine and rosewater/plain water in it. Sometimes, I'll toss in a lil Humectress if I know I'll be outside or in other esp. dry conditions. I spray that on my hair every morning, and baggy my hair with it everynight.

nappywomyn said:
My deep conditioner is Elasta QP's Intense Fortifying Moisturizing Conditioner. My daily moisturizer is a mister bottle, with Oyin's Honey Hemp, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, glycerine and rosewater/plain water in it. Sometimes, I'll toss in a lil Humectress if I know I'll be outside or in other esp. dry conditions. I spray that on my hair every morning, and baggy my hair with it everynight.

I have free sample of this that I haven't tried. I'll have to use it.

Ayeshia said:
vitapointe works well for my ends...I have 5 big ol jars fom work for free :lol: it has a lot of "bad" ingredients that folk wouldnt dare touch use but it works for me.

Girl if it's working for ya use it. And might I add that your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Back