Naturals- Please help, what moisturizer are you using?

co-washes, homemade moisture spray (distilled water, veg. glycerin, aloe vera gel, flax seed gel), leave-ins (either aussie moist, sally's generic conditioners, aubrey organics rose mosqueta or gpb), wave nouveau finishing mist,

Ms Lala said:
This is why I haven't tried it yet. I have alot of hair (it's thick) and I need something that will last for a little while. Especially if I'm ordering online. But if it's really good I'll go ahead and try it.

Cocomama- Do you rinse out the coconut milk or are you using this as a leave in?

I'm going to end up spending money I don't need to spend!

I have a lot of hair and I would say the heavy cream is a great product for twists. Too much can make your hair greasy. I find it works best on damp hair. It does last quite a while. I think for the price, if it works on your hair its not a bad investment. Qhemet does have samples. I really liked their sample set. Its why I would up buying a new jar.

A lot of people who find the heavy cream to be too heavy, like the Sidr cream.

I have few items that I like to use:

1) Stay Soft fro
2) Africans Best "carrot oil cream"
3) Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioning repair cream (just bought it today, but I think I'm in love already).
4) Olive Oil, avocado butter, meadowfoam oil, macadamia oil, and castor oil blend. (I baggy my ends with this).

I'm really loving coconut milk as an moisturizer!
I lightly dampen the whole length of my ponytail w/coconut milk and seal w/oil concoction and baggy pontail. Loving it, I tell ya!!!!

Poohbear said:
I use distilled water and BB Oil Hair Lotion Moisturizer w/ Castor Oil & Aloe to moisturize my hair.

This is the best moisturizer I've ever used, once I found out that I can't use it sparingly at all, which is fine b/c it is cheap. I Love it- it completely transforms my hair. It truly conditions as it says it does b/c I noticed after using it for a while, my hair was surprisingly MUCH softer during and after a shampooing. If they stop making it, I will take my last bit to a chemist and continue it myself :lol:.

Very pretty pic in your siggy Poohbear and love that dress.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of moisturizers for natural hair? Especially moisturizers that don't contain cones?

Also, what are the ingredients in Qhemet moisturizers?

For my kids hair, I love Qhemet Olive Cream Condish and Detangler and the Alma & Olive Heavy Cream.

For my hair, I love a mix that I got from (Bunniehoney) on BHM. It consist of aloe vera gel, glycerin, and water (I use Rosewater). On my co-washed damp hair, I apply this mix, then seal w/ my JCO and Coconut oil mix. Can't get anymore natural that this...LOL

For my kids hair, I love Qhemet Olive Cream Condish and Detangler and the Alma & Olive Heavy Cream.

For my hair, I love a mix that I got from (Bunniehoney) on BHM. It consist of aloe vera gel, glycerin, and water (I use Rosewater). On my co-washed damp hair, I apply this mix, then seal w/ my JCO and Coconut oil mix. Can't get anymore natural that this...LOL

Thanks for the response! I think that I'm going to try a glycerin type mixture as a moisturizer, also. I've been having the hardest time finding a really good moisturizer. I may also look into the Qhemet products a little more in the future.

Oyin Juice and Berries/ Greg Juice

Diluted braid spray when I'm broke.

Whipped Pudding every once in a while.

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream
QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Leave In
Komaza Care's Coconut Milk Hair Lotion

I have used Organics Olive Oil Lotion (cheapie of ORS) but it doesn't go good with the gel I use (flakes). So I switched to Elasta QP Mango Butter. It's nice, but it's like 5 bucks for a small round canister. But also a friend of a friend told me she uses natural shea butter and gel. She is a 4a/b natural and her hair may even be longer than mine. I tried that too and it works pretty good, makes my hair soft. So in between that and the Mango Butter is what I'm using. I will definetly do the shea butter and gel when money is tight!

I'm in love with royal roots softner detangler remover. Their moisture glaze spray is good and I also like wave moisturizer by Yaky professionals it has coconut oil in it

Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Qhemet Heay cream combined with JBCO
Karens hair nectar combined with JBCO
As you can see JBCO is my staple I add it to almost anything it helps keep my hair moisturized

S Curl Activator & Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer spray. It works. I liked Hawaiian Silky better a few years back--I think they changed their formula.

If anyone has any tips, I'm looking for a way to create my own moisturizer. Any recipe ideas?

Coconut Oil - it's the only "oil" I can use without any greasiness (actually penetrates the shaft) and also without build-up.

Moisture level went up in my hair when I started shampooing less as well.

Last edited:
Back