Naturals... How many of you went from BC to Shoulder length in about a year?

bmoreflyygirl said:
Thanks! It's just a phony pony with a 2 combs and a drawstring. It's synthetic and I got it from the bss for 9.99 back in July. I just brushed my hair back with fantasia gel while it was wet and clipped it on.

Yes... ok... I'm just trying to see how you positioned it, how large it is, and what the texture is....

RelaxerRehab said:
Yes... ok... I'm just trying to see how you positioned it, how large it is, and what the texture is....

Oh idk about all that. It's just frizzy spiral curls. I actually bought it back when I was relaxed because it was cute. I had no idea that I would be going natural and chopping at that time. By fluke it matched my texture. Everytime I put it on, it's in a different spot. Sometimes at the very top of my head. I can never get it in the same spot again. But I usually put it a little further back. It looks better like that. I'll take a picture of it real quick. It's sitting here on the desk from when I took it off the other day.

ETA: Here's the ponytail. There's more pictures of it in my fotki if you want to see where I placed it.

pics.jpg

Last edited:
bmoreflyygirl said:
Oh idk about all that. It's just frizzy spiral curls. I actually bought it back when I was relaxed because it was cute. I had no idea that I would be going natural and chopping at that time. By fluke it matched my texture. Everytime I put it on, it's in a different spot. Sometimes at the very top of my head. I can never get it in the same spot again. But I usually put it a little further back. It looks better like that. I'll take a picture of it real quick. It's sitting here on the desk from when I took it off the other day.

ETA: Here's the ponytail. There's more pictures of it in my fotki if you want to see where I placed it.

pics.jpg

It looks very very very nice on you!
What kind of brush do you use?

ThursdayGirl said:
It looks very very very nice on you!
What kind of brush do you use?

Thanks! Y'all are gonna laugh at me. It's this old raggedy brush I've had since I was like two years old maybe even before then. As long as I can remember. My mother used to use it on my hair and I never let go. :look: Sadly the brush is probably older than I am. I had another equally old one but I lost it when I moved. :( My mother commented on it the other day when she was here. That and my scarf. She was like you kept those things all those years? :confused:

Last edited:
LilChocolateMa said:
bump bump!

Bmore, did you make it to shoulder length? Your siggy pic looks as if you made that goal!

Hey LilChocolateMa! :wave: IDK yet. I think I'm close but not quite there. Last time I had it straightened and trimmed a few months ago it was about to my chin on the sides and at the bottom of my neck (on my collar) in the back. My hair wasn't much longer than that when I chopped. Maybe a few inches. I can't believe it grew back that fast. Now if I could just figure out how to minimize this damn shrinkage!! :swearing: :lol:

I took my braids out last night so I will be updating today (thought i would be in braids for the rest of the month) bc today marks 1 yr since my last relaxer. I pre pooed with conditioner in and haven't washed it out yet. We'll see what it looks like once I wash it and DC. I couldn't get an appt to get it straightened until the 30th.

Last edited:
Back