NATURAL SUPPORT THREAD 2010:STYLES,REGGIES,PRODUCTS AND RANDOM STUFF!

Vonnieluvs08

I'm 1yr Natural today!!!:dance7::band2::clapping::party::yay::bouncy::2cool:

Sorry I'm a lil excited. Can't believe it has been a year already.

I'm doing well. Hair has been protein sensitive lately so sticking to moisturizing products only. Been rotating between twists, chunky twist outs, WnG, bunny tails, and the newest and greatest is a BUN.

My hair is just about SL unstretched and probably close to APL stretched won't be straightening until the fall:look:

Reggie is still cowashing when I have time, DCing 1-2x a week with heat, using poo only when necessary, henna once a month. Trying to keep my hair stretched or in PS. Did a serious S&D last week and it was brutal but glad I did it.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
*vent* I`m so frustrated with my hair! I thought braids were gonna make me reach BSL by december 2010 but nothing is further from the truth:nono:. My hair is basically a mess, I don`t know how else to put it. It`s dry, brittle, thinning, rough ends and see through. I think it`s a combination of how I handle it and the braids that did this to my hair, I`m seriously considering relaxing it, but relaxed hair is so not me anymore, it would not go with the natural lifestyle I`m trying to adopt.

FroFab

*vent* I`m so frustrated with my hair! I thought braids were gonna make me reach BSL by december 2010 but nothing is further from the truth:nono:. My hair is basically a mess, I don`t know how else to put it. It`s dry, brittle, thinning, rough ends and see through. I think it`s a combination of how I handle it and the braids that did this to my hair, I`m seriously considering relaxing it, but relaxed hair is so not me anymore, it would not go with the natural lifestyle I`m trying to adopt.

Hey, hang in there. December is still 5 months away which is approx. 2.5 inches of healthy hair growth. I'm going through my own issues but I will not be my own enemy with veering from the course...so you shouldn't either. If possible give yourself a small trim to combat the thinning ends and get on a DC kick. I just completed a protein and moisture treatment hoping to get my hair back on track; the way I figure it even if I have to trim another .5 in I'll still have 2 more inches to show for it at my 3 year mark

You DO have beautiful hair.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Cowashing 5x/wk with a moisturizing conditioner and leaving a bit in for a wash & go
1x/wk cowash with a protein conditioner
1x/wk wash with shampoo
2x/wk dc with steam (1 overnight on dry hair steam bf or after, 1 wet hair)
1x/month protein treatment
1x/month clarify with bentonite
quarterly do cassia gloss that I will now alternate with a rhassoul gloss

Last edited:

Aggie

I'm sorry to hear this Maracuja. I have a couple of questions though. Did you remove the alkaline base from the braids before braiding your hair with them? Also, did you deep condition and moisturize your hair while the extension braids were in your hair?

I use the Crown & Glory method on www.growafrohairlong.com and it works super for me.

CA*Nappy

Hey, hang in there. December is still 5 months away which is approx. 2.5 inches of healthy hair growth. I'm going through my own issues but I will not be my own enemy with veering from the course...so you shouldn't either. If possible give yourself a small trim to combat the thinning ends and get on a DC kick. I just completed a protein and moisture treatment hoping to get my hair back on track; the way I figure it even if I have to trim another .5 in I'll still have 2 more inches to show for it at my 3 year mark.

This is what I just incorporated into my regimen because I am not seeing any real progess. Do you think we can all check back in at the end of December and see if we have gained 2.5 inches?

Mandy4610

Hey Ladies, how have yall been?

I know I am really bad with checking-in, so sorry. Lets try and keep this thread alive.

My hair is doing ok, but these SSK are killing me. I think I may have to blowdry more often just to see if they decrease, but I am afraid blowdrying will cause slplit ends...Whats a girl to do?

Another thing, I really want to learn to twist. If anyone has come across some good twisting tutorials please hook me up.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm good. And here is my update:

So in regards to styles/growth, I'm going to continue getting cornrows/braids/kinkytwists until I can't stand it anymore. It would be awesome if I can stay in a protective style until March. Everytime I take my hair down, I will let it rest for a week/two and then get it redone. So thats the plan. If I stay PS'd until March, that an opportunity for 3 inches of hair...THATS SIX INCHES ALL AROUND....and MY NATURAL HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN THAT LONG BEFORE...So I really, really, want to do this.

Wish me luck ladies.

My regimen while in a PROTECTIVE STYLE, I will be using three products daily:
Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier
Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave-in Spray
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
**And if I feel the need to wash my hair, I will only rinse it with plain water**

My regimen when I take my hair down and wear it loose in between Protective Styles:
Shampoo with Renpure Organics Moisture Shampoo (red bottle)
Deep Condition with Taliah Waajid's Herbal Conditoner
Use Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Spray as a Leave-In/Mister
Moisturize with Oyin Handmade's Whipped Pudding
Seal With JBCO

I have a bunch of products on deck that I am trying to use up (namely moisturizers), so once I run out of one, I will post up with whatever I replace it with.

Ummm...yeah...thats it...

Urban

Love this thread!!

Regimen? What regimen? :look: I don't really have one anymore. I just cowash or "deep condition" when I feel my hair needs it and if I have the time. I think the think I'm most consistent about at the moment is moisturizing twice a day.

Current regularly used products:

V05 Moisture Milks
L'Oreal Elvive Anti-Breakage Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GBP
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Scurl
Wheatgerm Oil
Coconut oil

Vonnieluvs08

I'm doing well. Hair is over the protein sensitive thing. I actually did a protein treatment with Mozeke Carrot Protein Mask. It was right on time.

I'm still keeping my hair stretched as much as possible. I did take a break from this for a week when I was on vacation at the shore. That week was a WnG week using different headbands and hair accesories. As well as flaunting the curls. Sand in the hair was no joke though.:wallbash:

I'm starting to think about my fall/winter regi. Definitely going back into twists. I had awesome growth/retention last year. Hopefully this year with them being longer I can do more with them. I may try light blowdrying every couple of months if I can get over my fear of heat damage.

Regi Fall/Winter:
Poo as needed
Cowash 2x week
DC 2x-with heat
Protein as needed
Heavier moisturizers
Seal with butters

FroFab

I am not very strict when it comes to a reggie. I used to DC once a week and may try to get back on track but just haven't had the time. I recently decided to straighten which led to me doing a thorough S&D of ssks and trimming another .5" off of my hair but it felt so much better. Now I'm back in twists trying to keep my ends moisturized and protected. From my straighten I saw that I was at BSL on my longest layers so hopefully I'll be more full BSL by December with some layers touching MBL.