Natural Roller Set Success [*PICS*]

That is gorgeous! I learned too that setting my hair with gel is best. My hair laughs at setting lotion.

Your looks so nice and healthy before and after your rollerset. I might just try to rolling mine again after seeing how nicely your hair turned out.

That is gorgeous! I learned too that setting my hair with gel is best. My hair laughs at setting lotion.

Thank you! i actually didn't use a gel for my set! :) which is why i was so excited. i don't apply gel all over my hair because it's just too much product for me.

what i used:

- setting spray-- i mixed a *little* burt's bees super shiny conditioner and *little* ultra sheen setting lotion with water
- straightening balm-- smooth 'n shine's "silk 'n sleek" straighten butter
- 48 1.5inch rollers lol and 2 small rollers because i was all out of big rollers
- babbyliss pro thremal ionic hood dryer

what i did:

- saturated my hair with the setting spray
- smoothed on some straightening butter to each section before rolling
- rolled my hair using small sections to allow faster drying and a smoother set
- sat under the dryer for 2 hours--idk i had to sit for two hours but i wanted to be sure that my hair was COMPLETELY dry
- after drying, let rollers COOL OFF then took them out
- separated each curl with FINGERS; i've seen results after combing natural roller sets and it is usually frizzy/puffy so i opted against combing
- i flat ironed only the front of my hair to get some of the volume out and to smooth it back

These are really good ideas. You have a knack for hairstyling. Your hair looks beautiful! :yep:

Absolutely gorgeous, your natural set and the rollerset. Maybe a little coconut oil will give you shine and eliminate any would be frizz.

You inspired me to try rollersetting again.

Fabulous!! I like to do rollersets in the summer. I'll be using some of your tips. Thanks for sharing!!!

Back