Natural Ladies...can you share your winter reggies PLEASE????

i use the same moisturizers (Herbal Essences LTR or Cantu Leave-In-both are excellent), but I start sealing with castor oil, or even a bit of vaseline. This keeps my ends in check. :yep:

I'm SOOOOOO glad I can still use LTR! That conditioner has helped me retain length like nobody's business!!!! I'm afraid of using castor oil to seal because my hair is so fine...but I may go back to using Crisco! It has a really great consistency for my hair.

Thanks!

My regimen stays the same except that I now baggy overnight (to counteract the heater's dy heat) and began using oils in my hair again.

Hey Ladies!

Any advice for those of us with TWA's? I have about one inch of hair all over. I do not like wigs and I cannot think of anything else to do. I am pushing it to try and get kinky twists.

My hair is dry and my beloved Oyin Whipped Pudding is not working. I have used it on and off since I went natural the first time in '06!

Can you tell me what products are similar to the WP? I am addicted to them (Oyin) as they are the only products I use, but I clearly need to switch it up:ohwell:

TIA

ETA:OK, so I think I am going to try the Qhemet products. They sound like winners, and plus I see that they will be on sale soon. Hmm...

Last edited:
bump!!
anyone else??
so...i'm pretty sure i'll be wearing my own hair-i don't think i have the money for utilizing weaves. i might be blowdrying every two weeks, and just wearing buns/various updos on blowdried hair. any feedback on that??

^^Rocky91, my hair can't handle all that blowdrying! I had to stop using a blowdryer like 8 months ago. But it sounds like you use great moisturizers, so you may not have a problem.

Well thanks to all of your responses ladies, I think this is what I'll do:

Prepoo before every DC with EVOO and JBCO under the dryer 15 minutes
DC with AOHR under the dryer 30 minutes
Straighten hair (maybe once every 6-8 weeks?)
Moisturize straight hair daily with Herbal Essences LTR conditioner
Seal ends with Crisco

I'll probably also invest in a humidifier!

Atfirst I didn't like glycerin but so far its my new best friend. Why is every one against glycerin in the winter months??

Glycerin is a humectant so in drier weather, it robs your hair of the moisture it can't find in the air. Glycerin is my BOO during the summer, but I'm gonna steer clear now that it's getting colder and drier.

^^Rocky91, my hair can't handle all that blowdrying! I had to stop using a blowdryer like 8 months ago. But it sounds like you use great moisturizers, so you may not have a problem.

Seal ends with Crisco

see, the strange thing is my hair is fine with regular blowdrying. my hair is pretty similar to Poohbear's :lick: (I LOVE her album): http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215/ (The PW is in her profile on here, but i don't want to post it). She blowdries pretty regularly, and retains length all the same.
your reggie looks really good-LTR is very good for moisturizing straight hair or even twistouts without reverting. question: so you plan to only wash every 6-8 weeks when you straighten?? how do you handle the itchies?
by the way, i love your blog!!! i tried the double buns the other day-super cute!! :grin:

Last edited:
Now that I am experiencing the difference in the air and the effect it has on my hair...

...I will be upping my shea butter. Everything else stays the same. I wear twists or twist-outs.

cj

see, the strange thing is my hair is fine with regular blowdrying. my hair is pretty similar to Poohbear's :lick: (I LOVE her album): http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215/ (The PW is in her profile on here, but i don't want to post it). She blowdries pretty regularly, and retains length all the same.
your reggie looks really good-LTR is very good for moisturizing straight hair or even twistouts without reverting. question: so you plan to only wash every 6-8 weeks when you straighten?? how do you handle the itchies?
by the way, i love your blog!!! i tried the double buns the other day-super cute!! :grin:

AHHHHH!!!! You read my blog!!! LOL thanks for the compliments, and I'm glad you liked the double buns! I'm about to try them again.

I'm so glad you put on to using LTR for straight hair! I'd def have to wash after week 3, then wear it curly for 3 more weeks, then straighten again. I don't think I could bear to go that long without washing at all :grin:

I love Poohbear's album too girl. Yeah if you guys are hair twins, then blowdrying will be fine for you! I wish :wallbash:

i will still use coconut oil but i will use it at night to seal maybe twice a week. i will be deep conditioning twice a week and co washing once a week. i dont know how often i will shampoo since i plan on staying in braids and twists(no added hair) for the winter and i do not shampoo braids.

the products i will be using are mostly afroveda moisturizers and stylers, qhemet biologics creams and whatever else thick cream i can get my hands on. this whole winter i plan on PS so that i can retain all my growth because when the summer comes i plan on cutting my hair again.

bump!!
anyone else??
so...i'm pretty sure i'll be wearing my own hair-i don't think i have the money for utilizing weaves. i might be blowdrying every two weeks, and just wearing buns/various updos on blowdried hair. any feedback on that??
i would vote yes. stretch those ends out, girl!!!

Seal ends with Crisco

see, LTR makes my hair revert...on straight hair i use coconut oil, which is why i'm at a loss. i want some nourish and shine, but right now i don't feel like spending $20 on it. then again, my hair is no longer straight, so it's not a pressing issue *no pun intended*.

i would vote yes. stretch those ends out, girl!!!

see, LTR makes my hair revert...on straight hair i use coconut oil, which is why i'm at a loss. i want some nourish and shine, but right now i don't feel like spending $20 on it. then again, my hair is no longer straight, so it's not a pressing issue *no pun intended*.
lol-for sure!! you already know!:grin:

I'm gonna try and stop you from spending your $20, because i'd want someone to do the same for me. :grin:
do you use the LTR condish or the leave-in?? the condish would definitely revert my straight hair, but the leave-in won't: IF used in really small amounts. hard to do, because i like piling product on my hair :look:, but that's the only way it works.
also, have you tried using serums to seal on straight hair? it's not exactly "moisture," but i feel it seals in the moisture that i put in before i heat-styled and adds some shine. :yep: i'm sure you already have serums on hand.
mannn...all this talk about straight hair definitely makes me feel like flat-ironing....but i'm sooo lazy. :perplexed

Back