Natural Hair Friendly Extensions Thread

CaraWalker

What did you order? Did you mention it up thread. I don't see it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/braz...ouble-drawn-9pcs-lot-natural/32263481775.html

it looks nothing like this. it has none of those curls, its just kinky and zig zag. my hair is way prettier than this. the hair in the picture is much closer to what my actual hair looks like. i got the 26 trying to account for natural shrinkage and their isnt any because it's not real hair. so its real long too :rolleyes:

Before you dismiss the hair, shampoo and condition it first. Brush/comb through the hair. Let it air dry and see if it looks better.

im scared to do anything to it because it looks so frizzy.

kandake

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/braz...ouble-drawn-9pcs-lot-natural/32263481775.html

it looks nothing like this. it has none of those curls, its just kinky and zig zag. my hair is way prettier than this. the hair in the picture is much closer to what my actual hair looks like. i got the 26 trying to account for natural shrinkage and their isnt any because it's not real hair. so its real long too :rolleyes:

Awe that sucks. I know what it's like to be excited about some hair and then be disappointed when it arrives.

CaraWalker

im going to try some light washing on it and see if that makes it look more natural. i just dont like how obviously processed it looks, and it doesnt look like the picture. if i had been expecting it to look like this, i would be fine. but it is clearly not as advertised and the product description is deceptive.

since i dont really need all that much, i just want some blendable length for buns and ponytails (i wasnt planning on wearing clip ins out) it's not that big a deal, but it's still not cute hair.

BrownBetty

Hi ladies,

I have mercy's hair extensions the 3b/3c installed. It has been I for 3 weeks. I have awful matting and tangling and shedding. There shedding I was expecting but the matting is a mess.

I contacted the seller and she hasn't responded.

I may try the aliexpress hair.

I might have 2 more weeks left in this hair. I'm really disappointed. I read so many good reviews should of known it was too good to be true.

BrownBetty

Mercy responded.... She offered free shipping on new hair I order. I'm going to try one more time. She also gave me so advice on what do about the matting.

thickness

Mercy responded.... She offered free shipping on new hair I order. I'm going to try one more time. She also gave me so advice on what do about the matting.
She should have offered you a discount and free shipping. Hair should not mat in 3 weeks.

BrownBetty

She should have offered you a discount and free shipping. Hair should not mat in 3 weeks.

I agree but I honestly wasn't in the mood to fight today.
I will just tell the hairdressers who inquired about the hair to proceed with extreem caution.

If I didn't already have the hair installed I would try a different company.

Thanks for letting me vent.

BrownBetty

Update:
I purchased two more bundles. Used my "free shipping". I was iinformed after that the shipping couldn't be express. We split the cost. I looked on the site after my purchase and realizes my review from the night before was removed. I mentioned all the issues I was having. Granted we spoke on the phone and she gave me a couple of tips on how to deal with the hair but my review was my honest 3 week experience.

As much as I want to support a Black women owned business this will be my last transaction with her.

Smiley79

The Annie wig is a must have. Although it's a half wig, it's perfect for any natural head. It's ling so cut it down to your desired legnth. Best $14 I spent!

Smiley79

Adding Senghori Shells Natural Rythyms. Im enjoying my hair so far. Sorry I have no pics to post.

Smiley79

I bought a set of clips ins in Corkskrew from the company Big Chop Hair! These are so great to keep on hand to add volume to your hair. Great match for most natural hair textures.