NATIONAL AFRO DAY 2012

COOL!! I thought this had past already. There are so many different special natural hair days now I can't keep track. Can a picked out wash and go or twist out count?

holding my space ... will post pic soon. Its an old twist out.

HAPPY FROs FOR DA FOURTH !!!!

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

may take better ones later, gonna put up in a puff to go to the gym.

Last edited:
I am on my 5th day without power. I am hot and discouraged. Might feel better later and pick out a fro.

I got a braid n curl going on right now, hopefully when I take it down it'll look cute for today and make a nice stretched fro

Happy National Afro Day all !!!!!

>>>>>>>>
:afropick: :afro: :wiggle: :yahoo:

Attaching pics of my afro from waaay back in the day
(circa 1976)

yeah, I'm old.....
:lol:

plus my recent versions of a fro....

Attachments

• image0-15.jpg
    image0-15.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image1-12.jpg
    image1-12.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 69
  • P1020499.jpg
    P1020499.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 76
  • P1020540.jpg
    P1020540.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 113
You all look amazing!! :)

I had a great day! Sorry for the tired-faced pic :lachen:, it's also been a long day. I couldn't get my camera to work so I decided to go with the cam from my computer. (I'm not too handy with that thing...)

Happy fro day, and good night!

Last edited:
Live from Long Bridge Park!!!

I made a T-shirt using puffy paint but it didn't dry in time:(

it's all good my FRO was bigger than the fireworks this year!

Attachments

• 1341456410-picsay.jpg
    1341456410-picsay.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Tibbar .... love the fros

and you dont look like you could have been a grown person in 1976 !!!! For cripes sake I was 1 year old in 1976.

you look awesome !!!!

I completely forgot alllllll about this today!:( I just did my usual WnG.

It was such a hectic day it just completely ran away from my mind!:nono:

@Tibbar .... love the fros

and you dont look like you could have been a grown person in 1976 !!!! For cripes sake I was 1 year old in 1976.

you look awesome !!!!

SimJam -- thank you very much for the compliments! Yeah, in 1976 I was getting ready to start high school and one of the few people still rocking a fro... Pretty much every one else in my 8th grade class had pressed or permed hair ---- always different -- that's me :lol:

It's kind of surreal seeing myself in an afro again after so long, although it's not my usual hairstyle.... I've been in twists since I've stopped relaxing my hair. I'm relearning what my "real hair" is like because I relaxed my hair for 30 years...
(it still feels weird to say how long I had been doing that !!!) :ohwell:
I honestly don't know if I'm going to eventually go back to relaxers but it's liberating to feel like I have other style options...

enjoying the majesty and power of my big hair again!! woo hoo... :afro:

Back