NATIONAL AFRO DAY 2012

BlkOnyx488

Hey Ladies I know it may seem early but it's never to earlier to begin FRO Prepping!!!

The 3rd Annual National Afro Day will be here before you know it!!

July 4, 2012
Rock your FROS at every cookout, Parade and firewook display, don't stand too close to the fireworks:spinning:

And pass the word around the web, in 2010 other people took credit for an original LHCF idea:nono:

Everyone is welcomed TWA's BAA's Relaxed sistas can do a braid out or Bantu set!

Don't be shamed to Rock your God Made mane!!!!!!!!

Clicking the thanks is making a promise that you will post a pic of your FRO on 4th!!!!!!!:yep:

Ref:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=454430&highlight=national+afro+day

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=481388&highlight=national+afro+day

Youtube Videos of the past
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...660l0l8773l11l7l0l2l2l0l1152l1332l0j1j7-1l2l0.

Last edited:
Ok, but it's gonna truly be a hot one with all my hair out.
I'm in! Taking one for the team/cause.

Why must it be on what is traditionally one of the hottest days of the year?! I will release her just for a photo that day :)

@Asha97 ... your fro will be traffic stopping (well going from siggy and avatar pics)

I did the fro thing last year ... was nice, at my length. Will be good to make a comparison or progress for the year too :)

Attachments

• fro4the4th 2011.jpg
    fro4the4th 2011.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
SimJam...What I'll probably do is a wet set twist-out picked out lightly or maybe blown just a tad!

I'm excited now! THANKS OP!

Does a big puff count?
I'm the BBQer in the house AND we take a family trip an amusement park on the 4th (cause vets get in free and family members 1/2 off).

I can still show my naps and keep the sweat at bay. Pleeease :)

IMG_0024-vi.jpg

We started that? I didn't even know. So when is the new poster coming out?

ETA: Of course, I'm down. Last year I did a wet set twistout. I might do it on dry/damp hair this year to stretch it out a bit. I haven't been able to do a fro since .... yeah (lol) I don't think I could get the pick through all of this.

Last edited:
Ok, but it's gonna truly be a hot one with all my hair out.
I'm in! Taking one for the team/cause.

The first year it was so hot in my house the heat from my blow dryer was just making my fro revert:lachen::ohwell:

Does a big puff count?
I'm the BBQer in the house AND we take a family trip an amusement park on the 4th (cause vets get in free and family members 1/2 off).

I can still show my naps and keep the sweat at bay. Pleeease :)

IMG_0024-vi.jpg
Rock the PUFF it counts!!!! but take a pic with your fro free, before you leave the house :giggle:

We started that? I didn't even know. So when is the new poster coming out?

ETA: Of course, I'm down. Last year I did a wet set twistout. I might do it on dry/damp hair this year to stretch it out a bit. I haven't been able to do a fro since .... yeah (lol) I don't think I could get the pick through all of this.

YES! LHCF Original and This one Heffer was on a Web Radio show trying to take credit for the idea and didn't even mention LHCF real ugly. Talkin bout she was the reason er'body knew about it.:nono: I bet she will lurk her way into this post too:sad:

I'm wearing a fro that whole week cuz I know I'm gonna go to about elevendy billion bbq's and fireworks shows. I just started wearing twists again so 2 months of that should yield an even bigger fro :grin:

the 4th is on a week day .... hmmmmm was planning to do a blown out fro, now I'll need to tone it down :(

Sorry no can do this year. My hair is a lot longer. I don't think I could manage a fro anymore because of potential tangles/ssk :( I'll root from the sidelines this 4th

Thanks for the mention! I almost forgot! Time is surely whizzing by! I think i'm just gonna do a curly fro...i don't look right with a blow out:ohwell:

I am down but I need to either do a braid out or a twist out first and finger comb it, because if I wear it out in an afro without styling it. My hair will knot up and break =(

I am down but I need to either do a braid out or a twist out first and finger comb it, because if I wear it out in an afro without styling it. My hair will knot up and break =(
You don't have to wear it the whole day. get the picture and then wrap it up!

...I did this last year and didn't even know it! I had just BC so that was my main style. (I'll upload a pic later). Can't do it this year though. I'll be in braids all summer so I can work out. But I'll cheer you guys on!

Back