My progress (pics in siggy and fotki)

DreamLife

My 10 month progress (pics in siggy and fotki)

I should have never left LHCF for 5 months. I started off good in September - December with buns everyday and then I decided to do a personal "Hide Your Hair" thing. I got a weave from January - February and got kinky twists from February - May. I did NOT moisturize as much as I should have. The whole 5 months I rarely logged in to LHCF or took care of my hair as well as I knew I should have. :perplexedI took the braids out and got cornrolls for 2 1/2 weeks. I took the cornrolls out and got a relaxer and the lady decided to give me a "virgin" relaxer after a 24 week stretch. I was really pissed about that because my ends were still relaxed!

So now Im trying to get my hair back together but my ends are thin and I know why...they are overprocessed! I got a trim last year in October, and this May. I blowdryed twice since last September.

But here is my 10 month progress...I'm hoping to do better next year.

My adopted Big Sis TBeBe made my progress pic. Thanks!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks I'm hoping Ill get more now that Im really trying to take care of my hair more (DC, no trim, stretch healthier, etc.)

Girl don't worry. We all make mistakes. I was doing the crown and glory for 9 months and when I took my braids out, my hair had grown tremendously. Except that I neglected to moisturize the last 3 to 4 months, so I end up cutting off a significant amount.

that's one of the most important thing about the crown and glory, you can't forget to moisturize. Thank God I've learned from my mistakes and won't make them again. LOL

Yeah I really wish I knew how to self relax too so I wouldn't have to worry about going to the salon.

Great growth Evagray! You CAN learn to self-relax. I just did my first one last Friday. If I can do it, anyone can. I was completely clueless about my hair before I found LCHF. I only found it because I was online looking for a new and improved way to destroy my hair with permanent color. After reading a few posts and seeing the lovely hair pictures, I forgot about my self-destructive ways and decided to take care of my hair.

In the last seven weeks, I've learned to DC after every wash, the difference between a protein and moisturizing conditioner and which one my hair needs and when. I've also learned to rollerset, roller wrap and self-relax. I'm reading up on hair color and products to color my hair the right way this winter.

Don't give up. Just keep on reading the threads about self-relaxing. When you get enough courage have a friend watch you put it in so they can see if you have it all in and if it is all rinsed out. You will get a wonderful sense of self-accomplishment when you attempt it.

You may not be satisfied with your progress....but what is important is that you DID progress. Sometimes we are our worst critics. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

evagray said:
Thanks I'm hoping Ill get more now that Im really trying to take care of my hair more (DC, no trim, stretch healthier, etc.)

You will. You are in the right place. So I know you know what to do.;)

Back