My picture was STOLEN and used in testimonial!

LittleLuxe

4. NOW if that don't work here is his name, address and phone number:
James, Trentton
4019 s 44th street
phoenix, Arizona 85040
United States
(602) 454-1414
<--- I called the number, there was no answer but it rang.

I googled his name and the 'twistedbooks' email addy, and he has posts all over the web on various online forums asking for advice on his 'electronic book' business and how to get more traffic to his site. .

This fool does not know what he set himself up for, lol. Anybody feel like taking a drive down to Arizona and scaring the crap out of an idiot?

Wonder how that idiot would react to peeking outside his curtains and seeing a bunch of LHCF heads just slipping on the gloves and taking the baseball bats out the trunk.

Neith

So the woman on the book isn't truly the "author" as well.

The whole site is shameful. Just a mess. It won't survive for long.

Desert Skye

This is sheer stupidity. I wonder if this book really was "SEEN ON" MSNBC, CNN, BBC, etc. Yeah maybe on a late night infomercial or something.

Well, if this crap really wasn't shown on those channels, can he be sued by those companies?

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
4. NOW if that don't work here is his name, address and phone number:
James, Trentton
4019 s 44th street
phoenix, Arizona 85040
United States
(602) 454-1414
<--- I called the number, there was no answer but it rang.
/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See this stuff right here is another reason why I love you ladies!
OP I don't live anywhere near phoenix but I am off tomorrow, I'll blow up his phone and blast him all over craiglist and any other local sites I can find, just say the word.

AlliCat

@Noir, thank you your post was extremely helpful. I called him too, but his number is disconnected. Now I'm just playing the waiting game until I get a response from the e-mail I sent him.

Until then, I invite all of you to send him an e-mail as well. This issue effects the whole black hair care community, not just the 7 or 8 members who had pics stolen. This person is getting rich off of our hard work and it's NOT COOL!!

Noir

@Noir, thank you your post was extremely helpful. I called him too, but his number is disconnected. Now I'm just playing the waiting game until I get a response from the e-mail I sent him.

Until then, I invite all of you to send him an e-mail as well. This issue effects the whole black hair care community, not just the 7 or 8 members who had pics stolen. This person is getting rich off of our hard work and it's NOT COOL!!
Hey AlliCat you're welcome. Did you withhold your no#? When I withheld my no it wouldn't go through but then I called using phone card lol (some random no. shows up on the persons caller id) and it rang. So he might not accept blocked calls.

Last edited:

AlliCat

Hey AlliCat your welcome. Did you withhold your no#? When I withheld my no it wouldn't go through but then I called using phone card lol (some random no. shows up on the persons caller id) and it rang. So he might not accept blocked calls.

Oh good idea yea I blocked my number so that might be why

Summer79

This came up on facebook in one of those ads on the side and in it I noticed what looked like a pic from the update dlewis posted a few weeks ago....it was. I clicked on it and saw all the other pics robbed from ladies here. I'd be taking legal action on somebody!!! Or trying to locate them via a physical address if I could. People are a trip.

lilikoi

Outrageous!

The owner of the website has some explaining to do.

DO GIVE HIM A CALL!

Last edited:

Reecie

wow, thats scary. every. single. picture. looks familiar... i know half (if not all) of them are members of this site.

whoever the "Latoya W." one is, i think those are two different girls, both whom look like i've seen them here... i just cant quite remember who.

i hope they take that mess down and pay for that, and i hope that other victims are alerted.

i was just thinking of restarting my fotki next week, but now i'm thinking not to.

YEAH THE FIRST PICTURE ON THERE IS ME!! I'M BEYOND LIVID. I JUST SENT THEM AN EMAIL. I AM BEYOND LIVID. :censored::censored::censored:

westNDNbeauty

This is horrible.

Ladies be careful of what you say in this thread because the owner of the site can link directly back to this thread and read this entire discussion.

Butterfly08

I am so sorry this happened to you! I can't believe they have pics of women in their bras. I was JUST having this conversation yesterday about why I don't post those type of shots here (or anywhere). I said I only post something I'd feel comfortable having my mom, pastor, boss, etc. see because you never know who's lurking. I didn't even consider that somebody might steal the pics for their own financial gain. I would be feeling really violated. :ohwell:

Butterfly08

This is horrible.

Ladies be careful of what you say in this thread because the owner of the site can link directly back to this thread and read this entire discussion.

I haven't read the entire thread but why should the ladies be careful? If she took the pictures without permission she is clearly in the wrong. She should know that the victims are mobilizing and that her "business" is about to go down. :nono: :fistshake:

CandyCurls

Last edited:

MizAvalon

This came up on facebook in one of those ads on the side and in it I noticed what looked like a pic from the update dlewis posted a few weeks ago....it was. I clicked on it and saw all the other pics robbed from ladies here. I'd be taking legal action on somebody!!! Or trying to locate them via a physical address if I could. People are a trip.

Is she still a member here? Someone should warn her about what's going on.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Wow thanks for the heads up. This is one major reasons why I have a hard time posting my personal pics up.

Has any one tried using a little website I love called pipl.com ? You might be able to track this person down using that website.

Good luck to y'all.

DaDragonPrincess

You have got to be kidding me...these clowns need to be reported right away, let me find out someone did this to me, hell will break loose.
:nono::nono::nono:

DaDragonPrincess

Can someone say LAWSUIT???

OP say the word,I will blow his phone up with prank calls...j/k
:nono::nono::nono:

But for real though, this aint cool,he or she needs to be stopped

LushLox

This is sheer stupidity. I wonder if this book really was "SEEN ON" MSNBC, CNN, BBC, etc. Yeah maybe on a late night infomercial or something.

Well, if this crap really wasn't shown on those channels, can he be sued by those companies?

The BBC is not a commercial TV station, it doesn't advertise anything! The only thing they promote are their own TV programmes.

I'll email them the link, I don't think they'll be too happy...

lilsparkle825

Even some of y'all are duped, getting on the lady whose face is up there :laugh:. Who was it that said she got a bad weave?!

I don't trust a thing on that site....there is no doctor, he probably stole that picture of the lady who is supposedly the doctor, the "as seen on" sites/channels are fakes, we KNOW the testimonials are fake....hell, there's bad grammar all over the thing. Probably a middle-aged white guy trying something he saw in a "get rich quick" pamphlet. :rolleyes:

I'm getting my email ready to go as we speak. I don't even want to look back at the site, because if I see a picture of mine, I'm getting a plane ticket to AZ. If this person even lives there.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I don't even want compensation for them to keep my pic up. That would be wrong because I didn't read the book to get results. I just want our pics taken down!
i would love to know the copyright infringement laws... my guess is it's a gray area for anything posted on the web
fotki may have some built in protection..... yet, difficult to prove 'where' the pics were pulled from in a court of law
for instance... on google images... MANY OF YOUR PICTURES COME UP, I'VE SEEN SO MANY (yahoo images as well)... depending on the key word used in your search

the fastest way to run a creep out of town is to hit them where it hurts.... THE POCKETS!!!!!!

AS MANY PEOPLE ON HERE CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WITH COMPLAINTS (SHORT & SWEET)
AND............ EVERYONE PASS THE WORD ON ADDITIONAL HAIR FORUMS

ALSO ******* AS MANY FOLKS AS POSSIBLE MAKE A YOUTUBE VIDEO WITH THE FULL NAME OF THE COMPANY AND STATE ONLY FACTS****** STATE THAT THEY HAVE CREATED PHONY TESTIMONIES BY STEALING YOUR HAIR PICS....
AND MATCHING THEM WITH PICS THAT ARE NOT OF YOU AS WELL

YOUTUBE VIDEOS COME UP EASILY ON GOOGLE AND OTHER SEARCH ENGINES

MAKE ONLY FACTUAL CLAIMS... TYPE THE FULL COMPANY NAME ON YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS

youtube videos most certainly don't have to have your face to get your point across
you can use all words, etc.

fastest way to run that clown out of town

Last edited:

kizzylonghair

Ladies,

I am so so sorry this happened to you :imsorry:

The BBC(british Broadcasting Corp) comment is nuts. I live the UK and I aint seen or heard **** about the lame book :ha:

HOW ABOUT WE BUY A COPY OF THE BOOK CUT & PASTE EVERY WORD AND PUT IN A THREAD FOR EVERYONE TO READ FOR FREEEEEEEE, LETS SHE HOW THEY LIKE THIER COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ABUSED...

WOULD BE GOOD TO READ FOR THE A LAUGH, AS WE KNOW ITS FULL OF RUBBISH :bouncy: