My journey...my vent...long post

tthreat08

Hey Ladies!

This is just a rant on my journey....

Over the past few years I can say that I have been able to maintain a very healthy head of hair. One shortcoming I have had is that I'd been aiming for PERFECT hair...sounds silly as I say it to myself. When I say perfect, I mean I HAD to have perfect blunt full ends at all times with not a single split end. This meant that I had to contsantly maintain a protective regimen of trimming enough to prevent any splits and at the same time maintain the thickness. I did this and have done this. My hair has been great! Only problem with this is that it makes reaching very long lengths almost like watching a snail run a mile. It's counter productive to the goal of growing longer hair.

So, within the past year, I let go of the idea that perfection had to be achieved, and simply focused on having overall healthy hair in excellent condition (not perfect). So, I don't always have perfect blunt ends, but I do have longer hair that as I allow it to grow without as frequent a trim, gets full over time all on its own as all the hair that grows (lead hairs) get cuaght by the rest of the hair...what a concept (Thanks Chicoro for the message you sent me awhile back....Sometimes it takes me awhile to catch on). So with that said, I am now an inch from waste length and all is good with my hair :grin:.

My new challenge, I wear (and truly prefer lately) my hair natural most of the time. I mostly wear braidouts..up, down, to the side, in a banana clip, etc. So, my hair looks APL in its natural state....I want it to look longer....it is what it is. I resent any pressure to feel that I HAVE to straighten my hair to look put together, so I just don't do it unless I FEEL like it.... I just feel kinda blah...

Anyway, I said all that to say, I am feeling a bit bored, but trying to keep my enthusisam going....maybe it's the hormones....maybe I'm bored. I mean, is the braid-out enough to keep my attention even though ot's the most effective style I have where I can wear my hair out and still keep it healthy????

My recent styles....any suggestions on how to pump up the excitement?

That's it.

Attachments

• bananaclip.jpg
    bananaclip.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 207
  • loosebun.jpg
    loosebun.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 197
  • pinned_wasngo.jpg
    pinned_wasngo.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 191
  • side_frchroll.jpg
    side_frchroll.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 186

tthreat08

Thanks....it's not that it doesn't look ok or anything....girl i'm probably going through some hormonal swing! I just feel bored with it. Maybe if I add some clip-ins to make it more glamorous or something. I just feel puffy and blah, and my hair is the same all the time....alwas a variaion of those styles up there^^^^. Now that I think of it though, maybe the clip-ins wouldn't even work cuz I have henna in my hair now...the clip -ins would be 1b and not match the reddish tent in my hair when I'm in the sun....sigh....maybe when the baby comes out I will feel more....with it

4evershika

I kind of understand where you were because that's pretty much where I am now (re: wanting to maintain PERFECT hair...)

Are you wanting more ideas for wearing your hair curly or are you wanting to straighten it?

prettypithy

Those styles look really pretty. Maybe you could add some pizazz by changing up the way you do your bangs/the front, either flat twisting it or braiding it down or making a pomp--something to create a little visual excitement. :lol: Also, it almost goes without saying, but hair accessories are a fun thing to play around with as well, I love hair flowers and head bands. HTH!

tthreat08

I kind of understand where you were because that's pretty much where I am now (re: wanting to maintain PERFECT hair...)

Are you wanting more ideas for wearing your hair curly or are you wanting to straighten it?

No, I don't want to straighten it....just some variation from stylesI am currently doing (curly).

tthreat08

Those styles look really pretty. Maybe you could add some pizazz by changing up the way you do your bangs/the front, either flat twisting it or braiding it down or making a pomp--something to create a little visual excitement. :lol: Also, it almost goes without saying, but hair accessories are a fun thing to play around with as well, I love hair flowers and head bands. HTH!

Hair accesories....yea! I should definitely do that. The bang idea is cute too....I'll have to play around with it bit.

kblc06

I know precisely what you mean. Right now, I struggling not to trim another inch (after I already cut off 2 last month), and I should have definitely been WL by now. Now, I'm hoping (again) that I'll make WL by the end of the year :ohwell:. But I :love: how thick and full my hair feels right now. After this, I plan on not trimming for the rest of the year and keeping it in low maintenance protective styles.

I've always thought you and your hair were beautiful, and I'm sure the length will come in due time :yep:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i totally understand you. i get bored very quickly with my hair.
i think a rollerset would look great on your hair-and you'd definitely get that glam factor that you're looking for, without additional heat. Here are a few videos of naturals rollersetting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BQ-GGLzEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ2M8VHFNOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkbq9AsOcxk
my other suggestion? some color. you could do a nice rinse-wouldn't be damaging at all.

tthreat08

i totally understand you. i get bored very quickly with my hair.
i think a rollerset would look great on your hair-and you'd definitely get that glam factor that you're looking for, without additional heat. Here are a few videos of naturals rollersetting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BQ-GGLzEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ2M8VHFNOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkbq9AsOcxk
my other suggestion? some color. you could do a nice rinse-wouldn't be damaging at all.

Thanks Rocky....rollersets are a great option in terms of versatility. I have done succesful rollersets. The issue I have right now with them is that I don't feel like spending the time to do it.

tthreat08

Well Ladies,

Thanks for the responses and tips. This morning when I put myself together, wouldn't you know it, I''m back in love with my hair. I think my issue with the boredom is that I'm tired of being pregnant, and since I have another 5.5 weeks before that changes....:lachen:.

The other thing that occurred to me this morning is that my daughters really and truly embrace textured hairstyles, and I love that! When they see me not flatironing my hair very often, they ask for braidouts, curly puffs, etc. We live in an area where we are the extreme minority, and the fact that they feel so proud and comfortable with themselves, is enough to make me smile. So, I'll just keep "keepin' on" with my current staple of styles (incorparting a little variation here and there with accesories and such), and quit pouting! :grin:

Happy Friday!

MrsLepe

Very inspiring post...Im not preggo, but it sure feels good to know that others get in a rut sometimes and just need some inspiration...Your very beautiful :)

Cherokee-n-Black

Love your hair. How about some half-up, half-down 'do's They're fun, and kinda "Hollywood"
ETA: Congrats on the pregnancy--and the 100% natural hair. I always said I would do it when I got pregnant, but I didn't do it until after I had both of mine! LOL