This Hair Journey Sucks

wednesday

It has taken me 3 years to reach APL(before my trim) from NL. I feel like i've jumped on every bandwagon and tried everything to find the perfect regimen for my hair. I haven't been able to enjoy may hair at all, whenever i wear my hair out (out of a constant low manipulation protective style) for longer than a week i get so many knots, tangles and breakage. The only way i have been able to retain length is through leaving my hair in large twists throughout my pre-poo/wash/dc regemin and i can forget trying to style my hair:nono:. I just end up keeping it in big twists that look ridiculous so i wear a hat or a wig/half-wig and end up looking like
wig.jpg

wigg.jpg

wigggg.jpg

wiggggg.jpg

i don't feel cute at all:nono:. I'm so tired of braids! I wanted to have a braid and wig free semester but looking at my schedule i don't have them time to deal with my hair the way it's been acting and the weather is too cold. So i'm going to put in some yarn braids this weekend to keep my mind off it. I really haven't enjoyed this healthy hair journey thing at all, in fact it has been completeley frustrating and discouranging. This is kind of a rant...i would post some progress pics but i've barely made progress:nono:

I feel your pain. I just started on this healthy hair journey and I feel like I will never find out what my likes or responds well too. I am getting frustrated because it almost seems that before I started trying to do the right thing I was much better off.

I have been relaxing my own hair for years and seldom had a terrible result until I relaxed last month. Now, I am waiting for 02/11/12 so I can relax again.

i feel you on the wigs. i always look like Lil Kim or Prince. are you relaxed or natural? have you tried roller setting?

i feel you on the wigs. i always look like Lil Kim or Prince. are you relaxed or natural? have you tried roller setting?

I'm natural, my texture is 4b/c. My hair laughs at the idea of roller setting. I've tried and failed a few times. I flat ironed my hair for a length check before Christmas with a Maxiglide on the highest temperature and got a fuzzy mess.

wednesday

I know the feeling just got to get through it and keep testing and trying,

find someone with a similar texture to your own who has a very simple routine and uses minimum products then build up from there

find a challenge that is simple to help you keep motivated and compliant

I should really take my own advice lol

Back