my hair looks great BUT these DC has my drain clogging, what do y'all do to prevent..

Keep1Belle

Hi my hair is in great condition very moisturized. But between my co washes, oil treatments and DCs my shower drain is slow and clogging.

I find washing in the sink is better for the drain, but its hard for me to detangle with my head flipped forward vs, back like I can do in the shower or at the hair dressers.

Does this happen to anyone else? What maintenance do you do on your drain.

i pay about $30/month in draino it works for a week or so and then its slow again. I am going to have a plumber come out for a thorough cleaning, but I dont want to have to do this all the time.

suggestions!

Re: my hair looks great BUT these DC has my drain clogging, what do y'all do to preve

Hi my hair is in great condition very moisturized. But between my co washes, oil treatments and DCs my shower drain is slow and clogging.

I find washing in the sink is better for the drain, but its hard for me to detangle with my head flipped forward vs, back like I can do in the shower or at the hair dressers.

Does this happen to anyone else? What maintenance do you do on your drain.

i pay about $30/month in draino it works for a week or so and then its slow again. I am going to have a plumber come out for a thorough cleaning, but I dont want to have to do this all the time.

suggestions!

Keep1Belle, I use very little conditioner. I spread it out a lot with a warm water rinse just before totally rinsing it out of my hair; sounds like a lot of thick con is washing into your drain. I also have a drain with the standard round slots which I cover with a tight screen cover. The two help to reduce the hair and product build up. Best drain cleaner for me is baking soda followed by vinegar.

Re: my hair looks great BUT these DC has my drain clogging, what do y'all do to preve

Exactly how do you use the baking soda and vinegar. Do you mix it together and then pour it in? Please explain because I need to try this.

Keep1Belle, I use very little conditioner. I spread it out a lot with a warm water rinse just before totally rinsing it out of my hair; sounds like a lot of thick con is washing into your drain. I also have a drain with the standard round slots which I cover with a tight screen cover. The two help to reduce the hair and product build up. Best drain cleaner for me is baking soda followed by vinegar.

thanks! I will try this, you are also right i use wayyy too much conditioner

A cover for the drain will help. There is a product you can buy (I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it) that is a white plastic stick with throns onthe sides. Slip that down the drain, and it catches and pulls out all of the hair and gunk. You can find it at the hardware store or Lowes or Home Depot for less than three bucks. I hope someone who remembers the same of it posts to tell you. It is truly a miracle product in the quest for long ahir and free flowing drains.

GIRL! thanks for this topic!!!

Back