My FIRST Attempt at Crochet Braids! *Pics Galore!*

nice work, BMP!! You need your own freakin' salon.

What a good protective style. Can this be done with straight human hair weave?
She did it and I've seen quite a few other ladies do it with straight hair but she ended up having issues with it. I think this style lasts better with more textured hair:yep:

Great Job BMP, you are a hair Guru!!!!!did you have to make knots like the video you just posted? just wondering how the knots get undone?

I remember when I last when to a braider to get crochet braids with loose bulk hair it couldn't be done so I had to settle for the ugly butt regular crochet braids which were way too bulky and heavy for my head. When I learn how to cornrow myself I'll revisit this style. How did you secure the hair?

Great Job BMP, you are a hair Guru!!!!!did you have to make knots like the video you just posted? just wondering how the knots get undone?
I pulled the end of the hair where it loops through the cornrow, then I take the loose end of the hair and pull it through the loop with my index and thumb fingers then I tie the hair once to secure it.

The takedown is super easy....you just unbraid your cornrows like normal and since the hair is anchored to the cornrows....it'll just slip off as you unbraid.

Very nice. This is a lot different from the crotchet braids I wore back in the late 90s. I wish I knew how to properly cornrow. Your mother looks so young. Just how old is she? She looks fabulous!

I pulled the end of the hair where it loops through the cornrow, then I take the loose end of the hair and pull it through the loop with my index and thumb fingers then I tie the hair once to secure it.

The takedown is super easy....you just unbraid your cornrows like normal and since the hair is anchored to the cornrows....it'll just slip off as you unbraid.

:perplexed (I tried to picture the steps and got lost) I think next time I will come to see it in person, your about 1 hour away! :grin:

It looks so nice and Mom looks happy!

YOU GO GIRL! :) it definitely looks devine!

:lachen: Awe man...sorry if that wasn't clear:perplexed but chocolatetresses tutorial on yt is super helpful....thats where I learned it:yep: thanks JJamiah!

Great results!
You know how to do some hair!

OT: Were the straw sets that you did your site done on freshly conditioned, wet hair or dry hair?

looks really nice, when are you going to rent a chair at a natural salon to do some hair? your really good at the natural styling :)

Great job!! I like the color combo too.

I just got my second set of crochet braids installed yesterday.

http://public.fotki.com/regswife/crochet-braids-curl/

I totally agree with you, great protective style & polished look with minimal effort. My braider was done in just under 3 hours which included cornrowing my hair, installing the extensions and two strand twisting it. I'm shooting for 12 weeks with this set.

Beautiful! I love the hair you used, what kind is it?

Beautiful!!! You're confusing me, just decided on a straight weave but now wondering if this won't look cuter, I've got the exact same hair :scratchch

I think I am going to try this. BMP, do you have to cornrow well to do this? My cornrows are terrible but I figure it shouldn't matter since you won't be able to see it.

Great job BMP! I luv crochet braids. They were my protective style of choice all last winter. You can get a crochet hook at any craft store where the the kits are to make loop/pile rugs. It's the same thing and only cost like $2.

looks really nice, when are you going to rent a chair at a natural salon to do some hair? your really good at the natural styling :)
Thanks love! I'm actually in the Real Estate industry, been licensed since I was 19 I thought that was gonna be my career but this passion for hair has sort of taken me over in the last year so now I'm re-evaluating.

The thing is, I always wanna make sure I comb the hair super gentle and minimize shedding and I'm known to take sweet my time to make things "just right" and I think a stylist is supposed to be quicker then that:lachen:

Beautiful!!! You're confusing me, just decided on a straight weave but now wondering if this won't look cuter, I've got the exact same hair :scratchch
I'm confused too! lol I wanna do this but my braids get really bulky between the thickness and length of my hair so I'm tryna figure out what to do....Im considering twists as well....but that hair is callin me:lick: and its sooooo soft!:grin:

I think I am going to try this. BMP, do you have to cornrow well to do this? My cornrows are terrible but I figure it shouldn't matter since you won't be able to see it.
NOPE! Not at all! I remember being shocked that the scraggly cornrows people did on YouTube produced such nice crochet braids!:rofl: I was like well hot dayum if they got such a nice result imagine what I'll get if I try it....lol so yea, theres alot of leeway and nobody's gonna see the braids anyway! thats the beauty of it!:yep:

Great job BMP! I luv crochet braids. They were my protective style of choice all last winter. You can get a crochet hook at any craft store where the the kits are to make loop/pile rugs. It's the same thing and only cost like $2.
I know you live in NYC like me....what stores do you recommend? I need to go to the city cuz imma definitely wanna use the real latch hook the next go round....

I know! I can't believe I ended up doing it with a bobby pin:rofl: I was determined I guess:yep: When I wanna do a new style.....I'm gonna make it happen lol

This is beautiful. You are very talented. Why have I never heard of crochet braids? I came in here expecting to see yarn braids. I want these!

wow. Girl, you are talented. I wish you would open a salon. I would travel and pay you well to do mine and my dd's.

I was hoping you'd do the crochet braids on your head. I know they will look great!

Very nice this is the first time I've seen the hair braided that way. People usually braid straight back but this makes more sense :yep: You did a awesome job

I love the fact that you can hide your hair completely with this style. The less contact with the added hair the better. But how do you remove the hair?

-jaw drops-

-subscribes to thread-

i had no idea crochet braids were this simple...i was all up on craigslist looking for someone who knows how to do this! ooh, and i just learned how to cornrow...hmm, i just figured out how to save $ on my sister's hair now that i can't cut that kinky twist hair in half anymore! if it goes well on her, i'm DEFINITELY trying this on myself!

great job!!!!

Back