My 1st Attempt at Crochet Braids!...Pix!

Ms_CoCo37

Okay so, I've seen a couple of threads of people who have done their own crochet braids, and their results were gorgeous! So I resolved it within myself to give it a try.

After viewing a few YouTube videos I set out and bought my supplies. Then I politely told DD that she would be my guinea pig. :grin: She was like, "what else is new?":look:

So, I washed her hair with Hair One Olive Oil cleanser. Then I applied Silicone Mix deep condish and sat her under the steamer for an hour while I watched a few more tutorials. While her hair was still damp, I moisturized each section with Organic Olive Oil moisturizer and braided thirteen cornrows. Then I sat down and went to work.

Without further adieu...:grin:
picture.php

picture.php

The back isn't crooked, she had her head tilted to the side.
picture.php

All in all, I think this was a great first attempt! I shocked myself with how well they turned out. DD loves them! It took me about 6 hours (because I was...and I'm still sick as a dog).

I think I'd like to be pampered and have someone else do them for me. :look::yep:

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies! I didn't think they'd come out as good as they did. I think this may be her PS for a while. Lord knows I would love to not have to deal with that head on a daily basis!

Wow. I am always amazed that so many women know how to braid. I never learned.

You did a great job. Her hair looks great and she looks like she like it.

Your DD is a beauty!

Wow. I am always amazed that so many women know how to braid. I never learned.

You did a great job. Her hair looks great and she looks like she like it.

Your DD is a beauty!

Thank you! I have a feeling she's exciting about going to school tomorrow to show off her new do.:grin:

it's just beautiful. I was in fact coming on here to find out if i put in these how can i shampoo as often as i like will it destroy the hair? does anyone know how to care for the hair if it is weaved?

it's just beautiful. I was in fact coming on here to find out if i put in these how can i shampoo as often as i like will it destroy the hair? does anyone know how to care for the hair if it is weaved?

One of the ladies in the video said she cleans her scalp with Witch Hazel on a cotton ball or swab. Another said she mixed water and shampoo in one of those applicator bottles and washed that way. If I remember correctly, she said she rinses with cool water. I'm going to go back and try to figure out which one it was. I know one of them was by ChocolateTresses.

What hair did you use? You did a great job!

Thanks Pook! I used Freetress Go-Go Wave Curls Color #4.

wow coco you did a great job and she is beautiful...now onto you hair now:grin:

Girl, I'm to sick and lazy to do my own hair. I would much rather have someone else do them so I can feel pampered.:grin: I did like you suggested and did a search on Craigslist. I found two possibilities. I need to check into them this weekend.:yep:

Back