MY 1st Update ever on LCHF--- PICS!!!

acapnleo

I have been on this journey since June 2008.. I transitioned, before I knew what that was (and had decided to do so, out of laziness) this last time, I held on for two years, before relaxing in June of this year... Initially, I wanted to be full APL, then I changed to full BSL and now, I really, really, really, want to be MBL
I have developed and diagnosed myself with HAIR GROWTH GREED or HGG

In all seriousness, I do intend for MBL to be my final destination (that is unless, I find that WL will better suit me)
But right now, I find that length may be a little much to manage... This is just how I feel right now... :lachen:

Well, on to the pics...

Here's where I started

JUNE 2008

:nono:

Straightened JUNE 2008 :nono:

AUGUST 2008

NOVEMBER 2009 Airdried texture... Someone had asked me to document my texture...

JUNE 2010 - I RELAXED - even though I liked my hair ^^^

I have since dyed my hair dark brown (October 2010)... Now I have a better phone / camera!!! :yay: :)

These were taken yesterday... I don't know how to add the date to my pics on the Motorola Cliq, so if you know how, please tell me

I am currently stretching. My last relaxer was Sept. 18. I am going to try to make it to Christmas or my BDAY Jan 14th

Thank you for looking... ;)

Last edited:

jovan787

Looking in your siggy at your beautiful curls, Ive been waiting to see more of your hair.... looks great!

bibirockz

Wow that's some great progress and your hair looks healtiher and thicker! Congrats. What was your regimen during your 2 year transition?

Mrs. Verde

:congrats:That is great progress!!!!! Your hair with the curl rods is beautiful. It looks so healthy. Love it!!!:heart2:

thehairmaverick

gawjus girl! It looks thick and healthy! How did you go about nursing it to health (i.e. whats your reggie :grin: ) Spill the specifics....

janda

I really like the curls. How exactly did you do it? Rods on blow-dried hair? Did you use a styling product? It's beautiful!

acapnleo

Beautiful!! Nice progress.

beautiful hair.! =D

ilovee those curls.:yep:.lol

Your hair is so sleek and straight. I love it!:lick:

Nice progress :) HHG

Looking in your siggy at your beautiful curls, Ive been waiting to see more of your hair.... looks great!

Wow that's some great progress and your hair looks healtiher and thicker! Congrats. What was your regimen during your 2 year transition?

go on girl!! beautiful progress!!!

:congrats:That is great progress!!!!! Your hair with the curl rods is beautiful. It looks so healthy. Love it!!!:heart2:

Your hair looks really pretty! It looks like you have made tremendous progress in the health of your hair. Great job :)

You're doing a great job on your journey! Keep up the good work!

Your hair is so beautiful!

Beautiful! That's really nice progress and OT, I love that cardi in the last few pics :grin:

That old thing?!?! :lol: thank you ;) (It really is old...) I love the colors in it though :yep:

THANK YOU LADIES ALL SO VERY MUCH!!! I am happy that I took pics, because it allowed me to see how far I have come... I still have quite a ways to go, but I am happy to see that there has been progress

Thank you again

acapnleo

soooooo shiny !!!!!!!

Your hair did a 180....very nice.

Thank you LADIES!!!! ;)

gawjus girl! It looks thick and healthy! How did you go about nursing it to health (i.e. whats your reggie :grin: ) Spill the specifics....

Thank you so much... it is a work in progress :)

Well, I have been quite the PJ over the years :blush::look: I have tried numerous products, but what I have done consistently is wash and co-wash... and wear my hair curly (meaning I don't comb it...) whether it is a messy pile of curls or scrunchy curls left hanging.
Now, this does make it a little harder come time to detangle (about every 1-2 weeks), so I am working on my patience with this :perplexed but overall, wash and go's fit my lifestyle very nicely. Now that it is cold, I plan to reduce my washing and wear it straight as long as I can... then wash, so probably 1-2 weeks (as I cannot stand stale smelling hair :nono:). I try to keep my heat usage low, but it does reduce the amount of detangling I would to do otherwise... so... one way or the other... both are on the evil list :lol:

This is a prime example of...never give up! I love your results-good job!

Very nice progress :)

Your hair is much thicker now.... great progress :)

Very nice progress! Congratulations :)

Wow your hair is so much thicker and looks so lush! Great progress girl! :flowers:

Thank you ladies! SO MUCH!!!! :)

I really like the curls. How exactly did you do it? Rods on blow-dried hair? Did you use a styling product? It's beautiful!

Thank you :) I blow dried and flat ironed, then curled with the foam rods overnight... I learned this from SHTOW :)yep:). She posted a tutorial and I loved her results, so I tried it and loved it! I used - LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

Wow! Great job! You've done your homework, now you get the reward! :yep:

Your hair is lovely.

I love it... I'm loving all these updates lately. You and your hair are beautiful

Thank you!!!! :drunk: All of you ladies are so kind and supportive... Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Last edited:

iri9109

its so silky...and shiny....i like the curls too..i really like how spiral curls or rollersets look on APL or longer hair