First Attempt At Crochets

Mohagany667

I recently joined LHCR in order to grow healthy, natural, long hair and you ladies have inspired me to attempt to do my hair. Here are pics from my first time doing crochet braids. I used Freetress deep twist in 1B, cornrowed my hair into 17 braids with the addition of hair and a latchhook. Enjoy :grin:

Last edited:
Awww! That looks really good, I tried it but ,mine looked all retarted and spacious, I guess my hair is too short, I could only get 8-9 cornrows, But yours look really good for a first timer and this is a great easy affordable protective style.

Good job! Have you tried washing your hair with them in yet? If so, how does the hair hold up?

No, I haven't washed the hair. I just clean my scalp with witch hazel and a cotton ball. Kinda scared to see what will happen to the hair if it is washed.

WOW You did a great job:) I'm wanting these crotchets more and more. Yours kinda look like tree braids:) Did you cornrow going straight back?

WOW You did a great job:) I'm wanting these crotchets more and more. Yours kinda look like tree braids:) Did you cornrow going straight back?
I braided the cornrows slanted to the back because I didn't want a straight part and sewed the braids with a needle and thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
I hope you like yours and please post pics :)

I got them done last night, but don't like them. Taking them out tonight. I used Freetress Water Wave and should have listened to my gut. A member here used it and I loved her pics. But when I saw the hair in the store something felt off. The curl pattern is different. Anyway I don't like it. Will try again in a month or so with different hair.

Back