MN USERS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THIS.

HairHustla

Oh ladies, just a thought.... :yep:

I have been doing a little research on MN and I am trying to figure out just what about it contributes to the growth of our hair. I am thinking that it has to do with the anti-fungal properties within it. Could it be that it cleanses our scalp allowing the hair follicles to clear the way to push out new bulbs of hair? This is just my opinion and if this is the case, why not use two very good and proven natural oils that do the same thing. Which ones you might ask well here they are and here is what they do:

Neem Oil

Neem Oil has been used medicinally and cosmetically for hundreds of years. Its long term use has made it one of the oldest medicines available today. Used to treat a myriad of diseases and illnesses, Neem Oil is truly a product that has withstood the test of time. Neem is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antiparasitic. Because of these properties, it is widely deployed in many different toiletries such as soap, toothpaste, hair care products, and skin care products.

The oil has moisturizing and regenerative properties, contains Vitamin E, and has essential fatty acids. Scientific research today validates many of the traditional uses of Neem Oil, it is used to treat bacterial, fungal, and viral infections, boost the immune system, and for many specific health problems.

What it can do for your hair:

Neem oil can relieve dry and itchy scalp, dandruff, the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, as well as giving you silky, shiny, stronger hair and encourage growth. It really makes a big difference, and it does so seemingly over night.
People who have already tried everything to help their thinning, dry hair are besides themselves when seeing the immediate improvements after using neem oil hair products.
Neem oil can even help with hair problems like hair loss and premature graying, where loss of hair or loss of color is caused by imbalances and health issues, rather than normal aging. (Sorry, even neem oil won't stop the aging process...)

Ok, part two of the duo double hustlin hair suggestion:

Tea Tree Oil

Some of the benefits of tea tree oil include its ability to fight germs and infections. It’s considered by many, to be a triple antibiotic. What that means is that it has antibiotic, anti-fungal, and antibacterial qualities. It was a popular first-aid treatment for soldiers in World War II.

Tea tree oil mixed with other essential oils is especially good as a scalp treatment for relieving dandruff. Medical professionals list infection, poor diet, blood circulation and inadequate nerve stimulation as some of the causes of dandruff. A yeast that lives on the scalp, Pityrosporum ovale, and a fungus called trichoplyton spp also contributes to dandruff conditions. While there are many anti-fungal and bacterial soaps and shampoos on the market, tea tree oil offers a natural alternative. A recent study indicates that a pharmaceutical grade of a tea tree oil in low concentrations helps to eliminate bacteria and fungus on the scalp, as well as Pityrosporum ovales. There have also been reports that by massaging the oil into the scalp, new hair growth is promoted.

Now with all that in mind, if these two oils were to work synergistically together, do you think that they could provide the same benefit as MN only as a natural alternative?

Important note: If you decide to use these oils, it is important to use small amounts as they are both agressive oils. Also, a carrier oil such as sweet almond or jojoba would be helpful to mix this with especially if you have a sensitive scalp.

So, I just wanted to get some feedback on what you think about this as an alternative. I am currently using this on my skin as an anti-acne treatment and it is grrrreat. That is what got me thinking that it may work for hair as well. You guys talk to me now, tell me what you think. Hustlin hair-tips just for you!

I also thought of coconut oil. It has the same properties.

THANKS FOR THIS!

I never wanted to use MN, b/c of the mess and other things (I won't mention as it'll lead to fussing :perplexed).

BUT, using these oils in DCs, leave-ins, and adding them to my shampoo is much easier and a great alternative.

I absolutely think these could work. :yep:

i will try this. i esp like the fact that tea tree oil can be used as anti-acne treatment.

Absolutely, I am a living witness to this, I have a problem with Hirsuitism or excessive hair growth on my chin and I have to shave it in order to go out in public with any dignity so I get a lot of hair bumps but I have found that the neem oil combined with tea tree keeps the bumps and acne at bay and make my skin so puuurty! Glad you like the idea!

Oh ladies, just a thought.... :yep:

I have been doing a little research on MN and I am trying to figure out just what about it contributes to the growth of our hair. I am thinking that it has to do with the anti-fungal properties within it. Could it be that it cleanses our scalp allowing the hair follicles to clear the way to push out new bulbs of hair? This is just my opinion and if this is the case, why not use two very good and proven natural oils that do the same thing. Which ones you might ask well here they are and here is what they do:

Neem Oil

Neem Oil has been used medicinally and cosmetically for hundreds of years. Its long term use has made it one of the oldest medicines available today. Used to treat a myriad of diseases and illnesses, Neem Oil is truly a product that has withstood the test of time. Neem is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antiparasitic. Because of these properties, it is widely deployed in many different toiletries such as soap, toothpaste, hair care products, and skin care products.

The oil has moisturizing and regenerative properties, contains Vitamin E, and has essential fatty acids. Scientific research today validates many of the traditional uses of Neem Oil, it is used to treat bacterial, fungal, and viral infections, boost the immune system, and for many specific health problems.

What it can do for your hair:

Neem oil can relieve dry and itchy scalp, dandruff, the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, as well as giving you silky, shiny, stronger hair and encourage growth. It really makes a big difference, and it does so seemingly over night.
People who have already tried everything to help their thinning, dry hair are besides themselves when seeing the immediate improvements after using neem oil hair products.
Neem oil can even help with hair problems like hair loss and premature graying, where loss of hair or loss of color is caused by imbalances and health issues, rather than normal aging. (Sorry, even neem oil won't stop the aging process...)

Ok, part two of the duo double hustlin hair suggestion:

Tea Tree Oil

Some of the benefits of tea tree oil include its ability to fight germs and infections. It’s considered by many, to be a triple antibiotic. What that means is that it has antibiotic, anti-fungal, and antibacterial qualities. It was a popular first-aid treatment for soldiers in World War II.

Tea tree oil mixed with other essential oils is especially good as a scalp treatment for relieving dandruff. Medical professionals list infection, poor diet, blood circulation and inadequate nerve stimulation as some of the causes of dandruff. A yeast that lives on the scalp, Pityrosporum ovale, and a fungus called trichoplyton spp also contributes to dandruff conditions. While there are many anti-fungal and bacterial soaps and shampoos on the market, tea tree oil offers a natural alternative. A recent study indicates that a pharmaceutical grade of a tea tree oil in low concentrations helps to eliminate bacteria and fungus on the scalp, as well as Pityrosporum ovales. There have also been reports that by massaging the oil into the scalp, new hair growth is promoted.

Now with all that in mind, if these two oils were to work synergistically together, do you think that they could provide the same benefit as MN only as a natural alternative?

Important note: If you decide to use these oils, it is important to use small amounts as they are both agressive oils. Also, a carrier oil such as sweet almond or jojoba would be helpful to mix this with especially if you have a sensitive scalp.

So, I just wanted to get some feedback on what you think about this as an alternative. I am currently using this on my skin as an anti-acne treatment and it is grrrreat. That is what got me thinking that it may work for hair as well. You guys talk to me now, tell me what you think. Hustlin hair-tips just for you!
Ummmm...interesting indeed. This sounds good. Now where can I get this neem oil? and did you say this works for acne as well?

I don't use MN but I have been interested in using tea tree oil. Does anyone know where I can get pure tea tree oil, all the ones i've found have other oils mixed in.

I don't use MN but I have been interested in using tea tree oil. Does anyone know where I can get pure tea tree oil, all the ones i've found have other oils mixed in.

I get my tea tree oil from 2 places, Wellington Fragrance...which is the cheapest but the quality is mid-quality and MountainRoseHerbs which has high quality but at a slightly higher price. I have been dealing with both of these for about 2 yrs now and have not had any problems. Here are the links:

http://www.wellingtonfragrance.com/

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

Oh and I do ALOT of homemade haircare recipes, I get most of my supplies for that from http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ they are pretty reasonable and have great customer service! Hope this helps!

Add garlic oil to the equation. Garlic has anti-fungal properties and helps with shedding and growth.

By the way, your hair is just stunning! I will be there one day! I think adding garlic oil is fine too, but gotta remember to use small amounts of each because these particular oils are pretty strong and can end up causing irritation if too much is used. So, so far, looks like we are gonna make it with:

Neem Oil...excellent for skin and hair!
Tea Tree...excellent for skin, hair and scalp!
Coconut Oil...moisturizing and a natural humectant
Garlic Oil..to assist with shedding (which I need help with badly)cleansing and overall growth.

Sound good ladies? Maybe we should start a Natural Alternative Challenge? A NA challenge perhaps. Hmmm, brain is percolating!

great thread:grin:

Hey there,

I noticed that you are somewhat a "neighbor" as you are in the UK and I am in Germany. How do you go about finding good hair products? Are they readily available in the UK and if not, how do you avoid outrageous shipping costs if you have to order online? I get 90% of my products online but I end up paying hundreds of dollars in shipping. Let me know.

Hey there,

I noticed that you are somewhat a "neighbor" as you are in the UK and I am in Germany. How do you go about finding good hair products? Are they readily available in the UK and if not, how do you avoid outrageous shipping costs if you have to order online? I get 90% of my products online but I end up paying hundreds of dollars in shipping. Let me know.

Hey there! I used to live in Germany and I loved it! What part of Germany do you live in? I used to live in Schweinfurt, Popenhausen, Vilseck (I graduated high school there), and Wurzburg (my brother was born there).

Hey there! I used to live in Germany and I loved it! What part of Germany do you live in? I used to live in Schweinfurt, Popenhausen, Vilseck (I graduated high school there), and Wurzburg (my brother was born there).

Uh oh, I got me a Germany cohort! I am in the K-Town area, kind of central Germany. How did you like it when you were here? It gets kinda lonely over here, I miss the states a lot but I do like living in Europe. How long ago were you here? Oh, I have been to Vilseck though, beautiful area and I like all that snow down there!

I know about K-town! I used to go there all of the time. My dad was in the Army and I lived in Germany for a total of 7 years.:look: I really enjoyed being there. I loved German food!:lick: I hope to go back some day to visit. How long have you been there?

I know about K-town! I used to go there all of the time. My dad was in the Army and I lived in Germany for a total of 7 years.:look: I really enjoyed being there. I loved German food!:lick: I hope to go back some day to visit. How long have you been there?

Alrighty then girlfriend! I have been here 3 yrs so far but not slated to leave for another 2 although I may be moving to Italy, my husband is trying for a job there...we are Army but we are not Active duty, we are DOD so that is why we are here. The downside is my husband still has to deploy even though he is not "In" the Army. So you were an Army brat..doggone! I was an Air Force brat and still getting all over the place. I am glad you liked the German food cuz I don't like anything much but the breads. I loooove the shopping though. You practically grew up over here! You know they are building a new huge shopping mall, an actual mall down in K-Town!

hey hey hey!!!! focus!!!!!! this is about all of us amazing healthy hair. . . :lachen:

but sike naw, I have a friend that recently moved to germany with her family, and she says she loves it.

and I have been meaning to figure out the purpose of tea tree oil. . . because I always see it in the BSS. now that I know what it does. . .:look:

I miss the shopping too.:grin: The value of the US $ was a lot better when I lived there. Italy was nice when I visited (I know you're going to like it), there's great shopping over there too (I loved the clothes). I've also been to Austria and the Czech Republic as well. Enjoy Europe, I miss it! But when I was there, I missed the US:grin:.

hey hey hey!!!! focus!!!!!! this is about all of us amazing healthy hair. . . :lachen:

but sike naw, I have a friend that recently moved to germany with her family, and she says she loves it.

and I have been meaning to figure out the purpose of tea tree oil. . . because I always see it in the BSS. now that I know what it does. . .:look:

You made me bust out laughing...(whispering..but you are so right):lachen:
So now that you see what is tha goings on with da tea tree you can start using it to your advantage! Is your friend in the K-Town..oops I am slipping again. Ok, I am getting myself together, so what do ya think about all of this here natural alternative stuff???

i have absolutely no idea where she is. . . all i know is that she is a military brat. :grin: there I go encouraging u again :wallbash:

i have absolutely no idea where she is. . . all i know is that she is a military brat. :grin: there I go encouraging u again :wallbash:

You are using subliminal tactics against my desire to focus...I..have..got..to..free..my..mind!! LOL just joking. :grin: Do you think you will start to use the tea tree? I tell you one thing, I am in love with the neem oil and the tea tree! I was telling someone in an earlier post that I have a problem with ingrown hair bumps on my face and no joke, I put a mixture of the two oils on my face and in about an hour I went in the bathroom to check on my hair (I steamed for the first time today) and they were almost gone and on top of that, my face looked smooth and silky..honest to God, my daughter asked me what I had done to my face! Also on that note, I put some in my hair and my hair started singing!!!!! I will be watching to see how far this goes and if it will last...spread tha word girl!

By the way, your hair is just stunning!

Thanks for the compliment! You make me :blush:! I have been using garlic oil religiously for the past 6 weeks the night before I wash and it has made a huge difference on the amount of hair shedded and growth. You can even rub garlic on your nails or crush some in your clear nail polish and it works better than the commercial nail hardening products. It stinks, but it works!!

I think this thread is a great alternative for those of us not ready to use chemical growth aids :)

Thanks for the compliment! You make me :blush:! I have been using garlic oil religiously for the past 6 weeks the night before I wash and it has made a huge difference on the amount of hair shedded and growth. You can even rub garlic on your nails or crush some in your clear nail polish and it works better than the commercial nail hardening products. It stinks, but it works!!

I think this thread is a great alternative for those of us not ready to use chemical growth aids :)

Thank you so much for the tip, are you relaxed or natural? I am "experimental", meaning I don't really know right now, I have no recollection of what my natural hair looks like but I am really scared of going natural so I am just "coasting" along without a perm. I am gonna try this garlic oil, where do you get yours from? Oh and thanks for the compliment! Glad to be of service, glad to be Hustlin!

Cool I purchased Qhemet's Tea Tree and Grapeseed pomade....now I really can't wait to try it!!! It should be here sometime this week.

Cool I purchased Qhemet's Tea Tree and Grapeseed pomade....now I really can't wait to try it!!! It should be here sometime this week.

Girl I know that's right! Let me know how it is working for you! I ordered their products too but I didn't get that one, I got the hair pomade and the leave in...forgot the actual names. Got a question for you, how do I keep this thread alive and not let it get buried? Anyone know? (How to bump or whatever I need to do?)
:spinning:

I get the garlic oil at the local BSS. I am relaxed, but am having serious thoughts about transitioning... not sure yet... keep going back and forth. We'll see what the summer brings!

I get the garlic oil at the local BSS. I am relaxed, but am having serious thoughts about transitioning... not sure yet... keep going back and forth. We'll see what the summer brings!

You are lucky, no such thing here (BSS) I am checking online and I found some at herbalremedies.com for $4 and some change, it said it was a tincture. What do you do about the smell? Also, do you know how I can keep this thread from getting buried? Bumping etc?

Girl I know that's right! Let me know how it is working for you! I ordered their products too but I didn't get that one, I got the hair pomade and the leave in...forgot the actual names. Got a question for you, how do I keep this thread alive and not let it get buried? Anyone know? (How to bump or whatever I need to do?)
:spinning:

I got the amla pomade too. You would have to bump the thread periodically if it's not a sticky thread.

Back