MILESTONE PARTY!!!!

kandi1280

[size=+2]Its a Milestone PARTY!!![/size] :dance7:

I was just wondering 1.) what is the biggest milestone you've reached since joining LHCF and
2.) what you did to reach it? Even if your new something good has changed about your hair since you've joined.

Mine has got to be that I have thickened up my NAPE area. NEVER in the history of my hair, even when it was healthy, has my nape area ever been thick.

To thicken it up, I pretty much kept it moisturized and didn't manipulate it too much. Avocado Oil and Vatika Oil has been its savior.

This site has been SUCH a miracle for my hair. Thank you ladies! :)

Last edited:

dlewis

When I reacher APL and then BSL and now my shortest layers are at APL.:D

Also when I stopped using everything under the sun and found a couple of products that work for me.

mw138

1. Reaching APL for the first time since I was a little girl! :yay:

2. Overall health of my hair - I hardly have any split ends, which used to be a problem for me.

:bouncy:

kandi1280

dlewis said:
When I reacher APL and then BSL and now my shortest layers are at APL.:D

Also when I stopped using everything under the sun and found a couple of products that work for me.

Congrats Girl!

And part 2 - What did you do different to reach APL and the BSL?

And Amen to the using less products - I'm still trying to get past that issue!

kandi1280

mw138 said:
1. Reaching APL for the first time since I was a little girl! :yay:

2. Overall health of my hair - I hardly have any split ends, which used to be a problem for me.

:bouncy:

Congrats! And what did you do to get past APL and increase your hair's health?

Lady Esquire

1) Growing my hair passed my shoulders for the first time in my adult life!!!!! :woot: I sported the Halle Berry do for most my late teens and early 20s and then I wore weaves after that.

2) When family members started asking me if that is ALL of my hair. :cool:

3) Thickening up my nape (my hairline needs to follow suit). My sister-in-law came to visit recently, and I had just taken out my rollers from a wash, and she said, "Whoa, your hair has gotten so thick!" :Blush2:

dlewis

kandi1280 said:
Congrats Girl!

And part 2 - What did you do different to reach APL and the BSL?

And Amen to the using less products - I'm still trying to get past that issue!

To get to APL, I did protective styling for awhile. Nothing special to get to BSL except be very careful with the hair.

RZILYNT

1) My biggest milestone is when I reached BSL.

2) What helped me get there was a no heat regimen and to stop using metal pins or metal acessories when wearing my hair in a protective style. I always got breakage and had to cut up to the breaking point and never got past APL. ...Oh I can't leave out finding an array of products on this board that helped nurture and strenghten my hair.

RZ~

Finewine

1) reaching APL in the front (i haven't been here since my hair broke off in high school).

2) my second milestone will come when i get my next relaxer, it'll be 2 days shy of 10 weeks (i used to relax every 4:eek: ).

kandi1280

RZILYNT said:
1) My biggest milestone is when I reached BSL.

2) What helped me get there was a no heat regimen and to stop using metal pins or metal acessories when wearing my hair in a protective style. I always got breakage and had to cut up to the breaking point and never got past APL. ...Oh I can't leave out finding an array of products on this board that helped nurture and strenghten my hair.

RZ~

I'm such a stalker of your hair :)

I use the small metal clips (the ones most people use to rollerset), you had a problem with those too?

audacity.

my biggest milestone so far is...............................:band2:

3 MONTHS OF NO DIRECT HEAT!!!!!!!

other milestones are consistently taking my vits and sticking to my regimen.

i am very PROUD of myslef!​

la flaca

kandi1280 said:
[SIZE=+2]Its a Milestone PARTY!!![/SIZE] :dance7:

I was just wondering 1.) what is the biggest milestone you've reached since joining LHCF and
2.) what you did to reach it? Even if your new something good has changed about your hair since you've joined.

Mine has got to be that I have thickened up my NAPE area. NEVER in the history of my hair, even when it was healthy, has my nape area ever been thick.

To thicken it up, I pretty much kept it moisturized and didn't manipulate it too much. Avocado Oil and Vatika Oil has been its savior.

This site has been SUCH a miracle for my hair. Thank you ladies! :)

1. Overall health of my hair - I can say I am getting to know it:)
2. My hair is getting thicker :yay:
3. I'm learning to style my hair