Microwaveable heat cap for dcing ...anyone?

blessed7777

I am considering buying the heat cap that you put in the microwave and it stays hot for 30 mins. Has anyone purchased this before and have any reviews on it?

caramelma

Yes, I have it and it works well, I like it but I only use it when I dont want to be stuck at the head dryer.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Hummm. I dont recall hearing of a microwave heating cap. Sounds like a good idea for doing housework while DCing.

mariofmagdal

I have one, but lost it in the move. It's around here somewhere. I won it on a site. Never got to try it. Sounds like a great idea. I hope I find it soon.

Reecie

Before my 6 month bunning challenge, I used to rollerset my hair once a week and I bought the Pibbs Quick Dri... :love4:love this by the way. However, I was sick of my head always being under the dryer. So I did some research and bought the Bella Nutri Cordless Heating Cap.

I absolutely love it. I like for my head to feel really warm while DCing, so I usually warm it up again after 15 - 20 minutes. But I LOVE the freedom of mobility and that it doesn't make any noise.

The only downside is that I've had it for about 4 months and I already have to buy replacement packs (to go underneath the cap). It's not too bad because the price is only $3.99 to 5.99 per unit. I'm wondering if it's just because I DC so much.... I use the hell out of that thing, so technically... it's probably around the same amount of usage a regular person would DC for a whole year and here I am already wearing the hell out of it after 4 months. :lachen:

YankeeCandle

I've heard the microweaveable ones don't last as long as the ones like the Mastex Thermal Heat Cap.

OrangeMoon, than you for the cutie pie in your siggy pic. What language does Yeyo mean "mother" in (or did I guess wrong)?

varaneka

http://brenditasbodyworks.com/product_phathead-heatcaps.html

that's the one I use

I love it because I don't have that burning feeling like I do when I'm under my hard bonnet dryer. Plus, I can move around freely without interrupting my DC time. Great for multitaskers

The following items are included for FREE with each Phat Head Hair Therapy™ Cordless Conditioning Heat Cap:

* One ounce bottle of Phat Head High On Coconut Deep Conditioner
* One ounce bottle of Phat Head Restorative Deep Conditioner
* One ounce Jar of Phat Head Creamy Coconut Hot Oil Treatment
* Two reusable conditioning (shower) caps

adw425

I like mine. I sometimes still think I am going to leave it too long and it the gel packs will burst, but so far so good and it has been a couple years now.

OrangeMoon

I've heard the microweaveable ones don't last as long as the ones like the Mastex Thermal Heat Cap.

OrangeMoon, than you for the cutie pie in your siggy pic. What language does Yeyo mean "mother" in (or did I guess wrong)?

Thanks YankeeCandle. He's my sweetheart. Yes, it sure does mean mother in Maasai.

mscocoface

I have very very very thick natural hair. This product was a disaster for me. It could not get through all that hair to the roots. I never felt the heat or even warmth from the cap.

R4L

I have one. It works reasonably well. I feel like a dork wearing it b/c it has a chin strap. :ohwell: