miconazole nitrate in '08

sweetsuccess

im new to this.. so what exactly is mn? and what do i do with it?! ..

im also out to buy a new hair dryer this afternoon.. any special brand recommendations? what are some good hair dryers?!

and someone was telln me i should get a heating cap for my dc? .. is that neccessary?

TIA
-new girl :pullhair:

Gemini350z

I use it and have gotten great results, I will be starting again just picked up some from Family Dollar this week.

LongHairDreams

It looks great. Congratulations! Are you using it daily?

^^^yes, im applying it daily

I just started this morning. Is there an MN challenge going on?

^^^Yes, there is an mn challenge http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=162071&highlight=Challenge

im new to this.. so what exactly is mn? and what do i do with it?! ..

im also out to buy a new hair dryer this afternoon.. any special brand recommendations? what are some good hair dryers?!

and someone was telln me i should get a heating cap for my dc? .. is that neccessary?

TIA
-new girl :pullhair:

^^MN = Miconazole Nitrate. It is an active ingredient in antifungal agents. Such as yeast invection cream, jock itch ect. We are mixing it with many other things and applying it to our scalp to help aid growth. I'll PM you some links.

****Although im seeing results with what im using, im going to go the the Family Dollar when I go to Ohio in June and stock up. Cali doesn't have Family Dollar:nono:

Last edited:

Christa438

I have been using the creme and I can tell that my growth has sped up because daily manipulation got so much harder for me to do too soon after having relaxed a few weeks earlier.

Ms. Plain Jane

^^^yes, im applying it daily

^^^Yes, there is an mn challenge http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=162071&highlight=Challenge

^^MN = Miconazole Nitrate. It is an active ingredient in antifungal agents. Such as yeast invection cream, jock itch ect. We are mixing it with many other things and applying it to our scalp to help aid growth. I'll PM you some links.

****Although im seeing results with what im using, im going to go the the Family Dollar when I go to Ohio in June and stock up. Cali doesn't have Family Dollar:nono:

Thanks for the link...

lovelymissyoli

I think I'm going to give MN a try. However, I keep hearing all these things about the Family Dollar brand. We don't have any Family Dollar stores out here in California...or at least the website says that there isn't one within 120 miles of my location.

Would any of you ladies be so kind as to pick up some Family Dollar MN for me? I'd send you the money to cover the MN and shipping.

Please send me a PM.

Thanks in Advance!

Aggie

I get great results from MN too. I reduced the usage from every other day to twice a week only because I'm trying to stretch about 6 - 7 months this year. My new growth is already out of control and I'm only 12 weeks post my relaxer. I will be getting braids in a week or two so I'll increase it 3 times a week when I put in my braids. Can't wait.

bajanplums1

DEFINITELY LET ME KNOW, BRAIDS ARE THE SUREST WAY TO SEE NG.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks but my hair is in braids right now and I can't say for sure if its working or not. I used it for a good week and a half before the braids and I thought I saw a new wave pattern (new growth) forming but brushed it off b/c it had only been a week. I had little over an inch of newgrowth before the braids, so I'll continue using MN until my braids come down and then I'll be able to tell for sure. I'll be checking for length, thickness or both.

chavascandy

I have been using it for 6 months now and, I have acheived great results. MN truely works for me. I think it is the best growth aid yet.

Platinum

I started using the Walmart 4% MN (in a sulfur8 mix) about two weeks ago and I've gotten some good growth. Believe it not, I got microbraids a month ago and so far it looks like I have about 1/2 inch of NG. I notice everyone is using Family Dollar brand, I'm wondering if I should try that next or stick with what I have.:look:

2grlsandme

I started using the Walmart 4% MN (in a sulfur8 mix) about two weeks ago and I've gotten some good growth. Believe it not, I got microbraids a month ago and so far it looks like I have about 1/2 inch of NG. I notice everyone is using Family Dollar brand, I'm wondering if I should try that next or stick with what I have.:look:

I also use the walmart brand and I have gotten great results. Im 8 weeks post now and I already cant control the ng. Im tring to stretch til 26 weeks this time around and its gonna be hard. I used to apply daily after my daily co-wash(thanks southerntease) but now I use 2-3 times a week...I have seen a slowing but its still coming in good. I have never had excessive dryness.

freshlikemoi

Update: I just bought the family dollar brand. And I have decided to use it every other day. Can't wait to see my results...

Tinky

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. I already have a lot of new growth so I can't really tell how much it is growing (the last time I relaxed was in October). I am getting my hair relaxed today so I will be able to tell a little better. I am going to start taking pics to measure my progress.

PuffyBrown

I just got the walgreens brand. I haven't used before so I hope I get some results. I did not know that there was a really big difference in the brands.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have been using it for a while now....And I will say that I got great growth when I did use it faithfully but since I got in micros I havent been using it so much, I feel that it is easier to spray on Surge 14. But I do use it on my edges to keep them from getting thin while the micros are in. I will get back on the bandwagon once I take these braids out at the end of the month. HHG yall.

Caramela

Well, what do you know!:grin: I was rumaging through my bathroom closet and I found 1/3 tube of Monistat & about 1/4 container of Sulpher 8 grease... I couldn't resist the temptation :nono: I mixed them together but I haven't used it yet.
I'm doing an online search for MN results now... and I said I would never jump on the bandwagon for this trend, but it's realllllly tempting :yep:

Ok ladies. So I've been using MN for a while mixed with some Vitamin E oil. Someone posted their amazing results with just that mixture. I had the same Vitamin E (Mega Care tube) oil so I said since I already have it that's what my mixture would be. I think I put too much in it. No great results so I was just thinking it may not be for me but hell if my NG wasn't really soft.

So I remembered that WGO did me pretty good so I mixed my MN with the WGO and I'm in shock! I can't wait to take all my braids out. My plan was to do the outside edges every 2 weeks. I have to do them every week now.

...and I really didn't pay attention to the accounts about weird dreams. :rolleyes: But when I switched my mixture and had more MN then the prior oil compared to the WGO and I'm having retarded dreams. I use the MN mix every other day and only on those nights do I have the dreams. I thought it was my subconsious due to reading so many posts about it. I started writing the days and dreams down (if I remembered them) and kid you not, dreams were crazy. So tested myself and stopped using the MN for a week (2 - 3 applications) and no dreams. :lachen:I was like what's in this stuff. But did I stop using it.

NO! lol the dreams aren't bothering me, they are just weird ones. I'm fighting people, flying like superwoman, in dance competitions and rolling in money. I wonder if they dreams are prophetic :grin:.

Results/comparison pics will be posted in a 2 months time after these braids.

LongHairDreams

Ok ladies. So I've been using MN for a while mixed with some Vitamin E oil. Someone posted their amazing results with just that mixture. I had the same Vitamin E (Mega Care tube) oil so I said since I already have it that's what my mixture would be. I think I put too much in it. No great results so I was just thinking it may not be for me but hell if my NG wasn't really soft.

So I remembered that WGO did me pretty good so I mixed my MN with the WGO and I'm in shock! I can't wait to take all my braids out. My plan was to do the outside edges every 2 weeks. I have to do them every week now.

...and I really didn't pay attention to the accounts about weird dreams. :rolleyes: But when I switched my mixture and had more MN then the prior oil compared to the WGO and I'm having retarded dreams. I use the MN mix every other day and only on those nights do I have the dreams. I thought it was my subconsious due to reading so many posts about it. I started writing the days and dreams down (if I remembered them) and kid you not, dreams were crazy. So tested myself and stopped using the MN for a week (2 - 3 applications) and no dreams. :lachen:I was like what's in this stuff. But did I stop using it.

NO! lol the dreams aren't bothering me, they are just weird ones. I'm fighting people, flying like superwoman, in dance competitions and rolling in money. I wonder if they dreams are prophetic :grin:.

Results/comparison pics will be posted in a 2 months time after these braids.

Wow. I can't say if MN gives me weird dreams because my dreams have been weird since I was born. :grin:

Its awesome that your getting good results with the MN and WGO!!

Platinum

Update: I've been using the MN mix daily since Feb 25. I took my braids down 3 days ago and I had alot more NG than I thought. I had 1 1/2 inches in some areas. Even my slow growing nape is improving. :grin: I got my braids done again and even my braider was impressed with my progress!:bdance::bouncegre:woot:

pazyamor

I haven't been using it, but it did grow my nape in very well a few months ago. I have two friends using it (sort of as labrats, LOL) and they are both reporting so much growth, they kind of hate it. Anyway, I'll probably pick some back up when I'm done with these twists and just use it for the rest of the year.

**Glamourlicious**

I have been using it since December I can testify that it grows. The only bad hting is...I have been transitioning so I keep getting trims...so I am still hoovering at the same point as the picture below. I am going to check my length in May I suppose and hopefully I will have some great resultz.

C

cieramichele

Yup, I still use it. Started late December and pretty much use it daily, depending on my hairstyle.

I achieved about an inch and a half of new growth in 3 weeks. I won't be using it for the 2-3 weeks because i will probably be in a quick weave.

You can see my growth in the siggy

Ok, YOUR growth is bananas!