METHI POWDER!!!!!

hurricane

Is Methi powder/ fenugreek white in color? Just wanted to know before I start using it in my ayurvedic pastes.:perplexed

flowinlocks

Yes it is white/Beige, but beware of using in in your paste mixtures. It releases mucilage when wet, someone posted it turning like wet grits in their hair, and they had a time trying to get it out. I have tried a tiny bit mixed in my pastes and it's still kinda gluey. I now use it to make a tea rinse.

BrooklynSouth

Yes it is white/Beige, but beware of using in in your paste mixtures. It releases mucilage when wet, someone posted it turning like wet grits in their hair, and they had a time trying to get it out. I have tried a tiny bit mixed in my pastes and it's still kinda gluey. I now use it to make a tea rinse.

Sounds like what happened to me when I added a bit too much kelp powder to a treatment-slimed up hair and required a lot of rinsing to finally clear it out. Rinses did work much better.

hurricane

I looked at it again it is a beige color. It looked white in the store.The brand is LAXMI. I found it with the other seasonings and not in the hair section. I know that Hesh is a good brand but they did not have it. Thanks everybody.

Faith

I got some from the Indian store yesterday and it was cream/beige coloured and it was in their spice section.