Mesh Rollers: Brush or No Brush

inthepink

I just bought some mesh rollers from Sally's and they have the brush inside that I could easily remove. I notice it seems like everyone here removes the brush. My question is why? Has anyone used the mesh rollers with the brush? What was the result? I am wondering since I have natural hair would it be easier to roll my hair with the brush and also get it straighter...but would the potential tangling make it not worth it.

Hi hairlove! I took out the brush but for the smaller rollers I kept it. It is for a better hold of the shorter hair. But i cannot sleep with them. It hurts. Also when i take`out the roller w/ brush i have to be carefull otherwise it will grap/snap the`hair badly.

I removed the brush to prevent any tangles, I didnt want to risk it. Since most people use rollersets as a protective style during stretching I would think that the thickness of the hair would be a problem with the brush.

Brush rollers cause damage by pulling the hair with tension on the hair, The only time you use a brush on hair is with a blow dryer and constant motion to smooth the hair .

Yeah I just bought the Diane rollers and they didn't have any brush. I think you should remove the brush to prevent any tangles or it snagging your hair.

I think it's best not to use the brush (on natural or relaxed hair). If the hair is pulled taunt, then that should help with straightness imo.

Back