Linange Shea Butter Relaxer by Alter Ego Review *pics*

Your Cheeziness

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

Ok, so I fully intended to do my normal wash this morning but as I touched my hair lightly, shed strands covered my hand...it was time to relax. So I made it to 11.5 weeks post when I was relaxing at 6 weeks. I guess I should be proud.

Regimen:
Based with vaseline and covered ends with vaseline
Relaxed then straightened then corrected underprocessed hair; rinsed
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor - 3 minutes
Linange Neutralizing Conditioner twice (1st time 5 minutes, 2nd time 3 minutes)
CON Detangling (1 lather)
CON Nourishing (1.5 hour DC)
Giovanni Direct Leave/Fantasia Shine Polisher
Rollerset with water and dried 50 minutes
Pincurled

Results:
NO BURNING - Since I'd been scratching b/c I hadn't planned on relaxing, I was scared and my scalp is sensitive.
Easy application - thick, but buttery and easily spreadable
Gentle - hair not 100% bone straight, but very straight, but not stuck to my head straight
Body like whoa! - I can't stop swinging my hair and just when I walk my hair bounces like crazy.
Shine - I look like I have Type 3 straightened hair.
Color vibrancy - This pictures do me no justice, but my color from my henna gloss is so rich, it's crazy.
I'm crazy in love with this relaxer. I plan on trying Silk Elements b/c I've heard these are comparable (and I already bought it), but so far THIS is my new relaxer...I'm done searching.

It looks like butter! First off congrats on the 11.5 weeks, you are smart to listen to your hair. That is BIG improvement from 6 weeks. I love the color, I can tell that it has body.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Last edited:
Congrat on the stretch - almost TWICE your usual time between touchups - that is super fantastic! Your hair looks lovely.

Ok this may be the next relaxer I try. I was debating last time whether to order this but I went with Silk Elements because I would've had to a wait few days for shipping on the Lineage. Your hair looks very bouncy and I can definitely see the color!:grin:

Gorgeous pix (especially this one!).

I'm glad to read this review. I ordered the relaxer, condish and DC from bluebeez.com, so the next time I relax, I'll use this. Hopefully, this is better than Mizani BB--it always leave me underprocessed. :wallbash:

DSCN0939.jpg

Ok, so I fully intended to do my normal wash this morning but as I touched my hair lightly, shed strands covered my hand...it was time to relax. So I made it to 11.5 weeks post when I was relaxing at 6 weeks. I guess I should be proud.

Regimen:
Based with vaseline and covered ends with vaseline
Relaxed then straightened then corrected underprocessed hair; rinsed
Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor - 3 minutes
Linange Neutralizing Conditioner twice (1st time 5 minutes, 2nd time 3 minutes)
CON Detangling (1 lather)
CON Nourishing (1.5 hour DC)
Giovanni Direct Leave/Fantasia Shine Polisher
Rollerset with water and dried 50 minutes
Pincurled

Results:
NO BURNING - Since I'd been scratching b/c I hadn't planned on relaxing, I was scared and my scalp is sensitive.
Easy application - thick, but buttery and easily spreadable
Gentle - hair not 100% bone straight, but very straight, but not stuck to my head straight
Body like whoa! - I can't stop swinging my hair and just when I walk my hair bounces like crazy.
Shine - I look like I have Type 3 straightened hair.
Color vibrancy - This pictures do me no justice, but my color from my henna gloss is so rich, it's crazy.
I'm crazy in love with this relaxer. I plan on trying Silk Elements b/c I've heard these are comparable (and I already bought it), but so far THIS is my new relaxer...I'm done searching.

Gorgeous pix (especially this one!).

I'm glad to read this review. I ordered the relaxer, condish and DC from bluebeez.com, so the next time I relax, I'll use this. Hopefully, this is better than Mizani BB--it always leave me underprocessed. :wallbash:

Same here and that's why I had to do a corrective with this one.

It looks really good, and your siggy comparison is AMAZING! Congrats on making it 11.5 weeks...big jump from 6!

oh em geeeee!!!!!!!!!! your hair is gorgeous!!! i really hope my rollersets get better asap so i can look like this!!!!!! and i love the color? what color is it if you don't mind??

oh em geeeee!!!!!!!!!! your hair is gorgeous!!! i really hope my rollersets get better asap so i can look like this!!!!!! and i love the color? what color is it if you don't mind??

The color is a grown out henna gloss I did last fall.

Hello...fan here.....that looks really good! Where do they sell it? Did you get a lot more growth?

I got mine from Beautyofnewyork.com. I got the expected amount of growth from 11.5 weeks of stretching. I retained an inch after I trimmed half an inch.

Last night I used the linange relaxer for the first time. I'm sorry I have no pics b/c my camera is broken. :imsorry: At first I was scared because my hair was kind of hard after the neutralizing steps but, there was little shedding while wet. I did the Bigen color (blue/black) for the first time also before I used the Linange hair masque. After letting the hair masque sit for a while and air drying I was sold. My hair air dried and was so soft (my hair usually don't get soft). I blow dried w/ cool air the rest of the way and couldn't keep my hands out of my hair. This morning I flat ironed my hair and it's so fluffy/soft.

The relaxer didn't get my hair bone straight which is what I use to look for in a relaxer. My hair is more manageable and has a way better texture to it. I think I'll stick to this one depending on how it acts in the long run. I'm not sure what a texturizer does but, I kind of think it's more of that than relaxed. I'm sold!!!:dance7:

I'll keep you updated and add pics soon (hopefully).

I used this relaxer and I loved it! Granted, I underprocessed some areas because this was my first time self-relaxing, but it turned out well none the less. I scratched a lot!!! And it didn't feel as if my scalp was on fire like other relaxers. Sorry, I have no pics either! :-(

Thanks for your review, but you know you're wrong for not posting pics!! I loooove this relaxer! Did you use the neutralizing conditioner? I love that stuff. I actually used to neutralizing conditioner to restore my texture after this "stylist" blow-fried my hair. I did the silkening process to my hair on 7 weeks post and it felt just like a fresh relaxer.
http://public.fotki.com/ECheezy/year-1--aug-2008--2009/april-2009/

I promise to try to post some pics soon..So what is this silkening technique you speak of? My sides are a little underprocessed but the rest of my hair is really thanking me. I love this relaxer also and am glad I came across your and the OP's thread..:lick:

I used this relaxer and I loved it! Granted, I underprocessed some areas because this was my first time self-relaxing, but it turned out well none the less. I scratched a lot!!! And it didn't feel as if my scalp was on fire like other relaxers. Sorry, I have no pics either! :-(

I can relate to the scratching and it did start burning my sides so I had to rinse it out. I let it stay a little too long after it started burning and still didnt' get the sores. I think my next experience will be better also.

I promise to try to post some pics soon..So what is this silkening technique you speak of? My sides are a little underprocessed but the rest of my hair is really thanking me. I love this relaxer also and am glad I came across your and the OP's thread..:lick:

Silkening is basically flat ironing using little to no product for movement. I always do that, I just didn't know it had name.

Last night I used the linange relaxer for the first time. I'm sorry I have no pics b/c my camera is broken. :imsorry: At first I was scared because my hair was kind of hard after the neutralizing steps but, there was little shedding while wet. I did the Bigen color (blue/black) for the first time also before I used the Linange hair masque. After letting the hair masque sit for a while and air drying I was sold. My hair air dried and was so soft (my hair usually don't get soft). I blow dried w/ cool air the rest of the way and couldn't keep my hands out of my hair. This morning I flat ironed my hair and it's so fluffy/soft.

The relaxer didn't get my hair bone straight which is what I use to look for in a relaxer. My hair is more manageable and has a way better texture to it. I think I'll stick to this one depending on how it acts in the long run. I'm not sure what a texturizer does but, I kind of think it's more of that than relaxed. I'm sold!!!:dance7:

I'll keep you updated and add pics soon (hopefully).

To the bolded, I felt the same way!!! I was like, why the hell is my hair so hard? But, once I rinsed my first conditioner, I couldn't believe how soft and nice it felt!!! I used this relaxer for the first time on my last touch up and so far, so good. I will definitely be using it again. I used the no lye version. My hair is very soft, silky, and has great body. Nice shine, too. My hair looks and feels great!! :yep:

To the bolded, I felt the same way!!! I was like, why the hell is my hair so hard? But, once I rinsed my first conditioner, I couldn't believe how soft and nice it felt!!! I used this relaxer for the first time on my last touch up and so far, so good. I will definitely be using it again. I used the no lye version. My hair is very soft, silky, and has great body. Nice shine, too. My hair looks and feels great!! :yep:

I second that!:dance7:

Back