Alter Ego Shea Butter Relaxer Review! (PICS)

HairGurl

Hey guys,

I posted some pics in this thread, but I also wanted to create a separate thread to tell ya'll about this relaxer- Alter Ego's Linange Shea Butter No Lye Relaxer. It's a great relaxer and I really encourage everyone (who relaxes) to try it. I have shine, body, and softness that no other relaxer has every provided! It's feels like i have a coat of softness over each strand...crazy right?? I used Silk Elements for Feb. relaxer and even it wasn't as good as this one! I'm going to be using this relaxer until they stop selling it.:grin: Here are some pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Me leaning back as usual...hoping...:drunk:

Your hair looks so pretty, the layers are just falling into place - I especially like the side shot - I may have to try this if I can't get my Mizani Butter Blend -

BTW - how long are you stretching your relaxers - I saw where you indicated the last one was in February...

Your hair looks so pretty, the layers are just falling into place - I especially like the side shot - I may have to try this if I can't get my Mizani Butter Blend -

BTW - how long are you stretching your relaxers - I saw where you indicated the last one was in February...

I stretched 2 days short of 10 weeks this time. I usually go about 10 weeks. I stretched from Oct to Feb (15 weeks) and I don't think I'll ever do that again. My hair has not been the same since....:nono:

Thanks for the compliment!

I saw the last pic and was thinking "oh no she did not" then I saw what you wrote afterward :laugh:.
Very pretty hair...

why oh why do I keep coming into the Alter Ego threads :( your hair looks great!I still have a tub of Affirm so no AE for me now.

I'm trying to figure out why the heck I came in here! I still have a tub of Vitale to use up! Vitale is good, but this Linange is calling my name :lick:

HairGurl, your hair came out beautifully!

i have to second the alter ego linange. My last relaxer march 4th my stylist also used this relaxer and my hair loved it!! this will be my relaxer forever

OH this is great! I use the silk Element no-lye which I love and was gonna move to the lye, but you just said this is even better. Has anyone used this long term? What has been the results. Have you noticed a difference, even over time? I will definitely be buying this!

I'm trying to figure out why the heck I came in here! I still have a tub of Vitale to use up! Vitale is good, but this Linange is calling my name :lick:

HairGurl, your hair came out beautifully!

Thanks Tiffers! I was using Vitale all last year. My results were always good as far as straight hair, but i had to move on because it made my hair so dry. Please try the AE Linange!!! I honestly never knew my hair could feel like this after a relaxer.:grin:

OH this is great! I use the silk Element no-lye which I love and was gonna move to the lye, but you just said this is even better. Has anyone used this long term? What has been the results. Have you noticed a difference, even over time? I will definitely be buying this!

If you go to my original post and follow that link the op of that thread has been using it for awhile. She uses the lye. Her hair is gorgeous!

HairGurl,
I noticed the no-lye relaxer by linage don't come w/ the neutralizing cond. and mask. Did you buy those separate? Or did you use something else? I usually use Mizani BB which is a lye relaxer and I have 4b hair relaxed. What texture is your hair and did that have something to do w/ you using the no-lye?

Where you get dis here relaxer?:grin:

:lachen:I got mine from www.beautyofnewyork.com. It was priced at about $12 for the activator and relaxer. Just be cautious that if you buy from them they don't send you the box that the kit comes in and on all of their no lye lables it says that it has sodium hydroxide it in (but that's a lye, i called to confirm). On the box is where you will find all of the real ingredients....but Beauty of New York doesn't send the box. I think Bluebeez has it too....

HairGurl,
I noticed the no-lye relaxer by linage don't come w/ the neutralizing cond. and mask. Did you buy those separate? Or did you use something else? I usually use Mizani BB which is a lye relaxer and I have 4b hair relaxed. What texture is your hair and did that have something to do w/ you using the no-lye?

I only bought the no lye relaxer kit which just includes the relaxer and activator. I used some old elasta qp and vitale neutralizing/chelating shampoo to wash everything out. I think i have 4a hair with 4b at the nape. For my hair i prefer no lye because it's more gentle...but that's just me.

Looks BEAUTIFUL sweetie! Do you mind me asking if you used everything from the set or just the relaxer itself?

tia,
tishee

Hi Tishee! Thanks for the compliment. I just used the no lye relaxer and activator that came with it. The neutralizing condish was too rich for my blood! I may try it next time though.....:drunk:

I just got my touch up yesterday using this. The no lye formula is ok. But yesterday I tried the Lye. And lemme tell you. Beautiful , straight, moisturized hair (with the exception of my stylist adding some waxy finishing stuff that made it look dull). She used the complete line including the neut. condish right after rinsing the relaxer out. and the deep conditioner.!!!! it has shea butter in it, and it is gentle on the scalp. Never again will I go back to Gentle treatment. This ish izz the bizzness

I just got my touch up yesterday using this. The no lye formula is ok. But yesterday I tried the Lye. And lemme tell you. Beautiful , straight, moisturized hair (with the exception of my stylist adding some waxy finishing stuff that made it look dull). She used the complete line including the neut. condish right after rinsing the relaxer out. and the deep conditioner.!!!! it has shea butter in it, and it is gentle on the scalp. Never again will I go back to Gentle treatment. This ish izz the bizzness

I'm getting a relaxer in a week and a half and I keep thinking about trying the lye but I have very sensitive scalp. Did you burn from it?

Hey guys,

I posted some pics in this thread, but I also wanted to create a separate thread to tell ya'll about this relaxer- Alter Ego's Linange Shea Butter No Lye Relaxer. It's a great relaxer and I really encourage everyone (who relaxes) to try it. I have shine, body, and softness that no other relaxer has every provided! It's feels like i have a coat of softness over each strand...crazy right?? I used Silk Elements for Feb. relaxer and even it wasn't as good as this one! I'm going to be using this relaxer until they stop selling it.:grin: Here are some pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Me leaning back as usual...hoping...:drunk:
I just used this relaxer for the first time and I must say I am pleased. It did burn some but I based my scalp with coconut oil. I think i should have used something thicker. It actually straightedn very well for me. i also used the neutralizing conditioner which was great also. My hair has a lot of body and is super soft. If I relax again i will definitely use it again. I am even thinking about getting some other products by Alter Ego.

I just used this relaxer for the first time and I must say I am pleased. It did burn some but I based my scalp with coconut oil. I think i should have used something thicker. It actually straightedn very well for me. i also used the neutralizing conditioner which was great also. My hair has a lot of body and is super soft. If I relax again i will definitely use it again. I am even thinking about getting some other products by Alter Ego.
Brownsilk8 I swear by the Alter Ego Garlic Mask Crema al Ajo. It is an excellent moisturizing DC and is good at stopping excessive shedding. I try to use it once a month whether I'm having seasonal shedding or not.

Im about to take the plunge and go with the lye version of this relaxer, and purchase the neutralizing condish..any other ladies trying this? Any add'l comments from the repeat users?

I'd like to continue using it (it's the no-lye version) but I get reversion. I still like these results better than the other no-lye relaxers thus far.

Back