Leave In As A Daily Moisturizer????

wannabelong

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Can leave in conditioners double as a daily moisturizer? If not, what are some good daily moisturizers?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggie

I don't think all of them can but I use lacio lacio and salerm 21 leave-ins as daily moisturizers. They work great either way.

Empress Yahudah

I use Giovanni Direct leave-in as a daily moisturizer. I put some in my hand, add just alittle bit of my favorite oil, rub together and apply it as a hairdress

kiesha8185

They sure can double-up for daily use. I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream. It's the only thing that I found that moisturizes as well as softens my hair. Products marketed as moisturizers never seem to work in my hair, I guess I need something stronger. I was told that leave-ins penetrate the hair strand, whereas moisturizers only coat it.

The good thing is, is that I can use a lot (so much that it makes my hair damp) but it still won't revert my hair. By the morning my hair absorbs it all and is still soft, straight, and shiny. I love it, and it's one of the only non-Ayurvedic items in my regimen :grin:

wannabelong

They sure can double-up for daily use. I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream. It's the only thing that I found that moisturizes as well as softens my hair. Products marketed as moisturizers never seem to work in my hair, I guess I need something stronger. I was told that leave-ins penetrate the hair strand, whereas moisturizers only coat it.

The good thing is, is that I can use a lot (so much that it makes my hair damp) but it still won't revert my hair. By the morning my hair absorbs it all and is still soft, straight, and shiny. I love it, and it's one of the only non-Ayurvedic items in my regimen :grin:

Thanks Kiesha8185! BTW you hair is beautiful.

Namilani

I use Lacio Lacio and Design Essentials Therapeutics RX as moisturizers with good results. Like mentioned before, I wouldn't use them all as such (i.e. the KeraCare leave-in. I have before but no more than once every six months).

MissMusic

I use Giovanni Direct leave-in or suave naturals conditioner mixed with grapeseed oil. Works wonderfully.

MissFallon

I know a lot of people use the Giovanni leave in mixed with water to moisturize the hair. I want to try that and see if it works on my hair.

I use Paul Mitchell The Cream and Pantene Silkener as daily moisturizers as well as leave ins.

Last edited:

missvi

God is Good!!
I use whatever I get my hands on Lacio Lacio, Neutrogena Triple MoistureLeave-In or Salerm 21. Leave-In's works get as a daily moisturizer.

DayStar

ive been using leave ins for a while now...paul mitchelle "the conditioner" to be exact. Maybe thats why my hair thrives, and remains healthy.

Sunshine0801

I use Giovanni Direct leave-in as a daily moisturizer. I put some in my hand, add just alittle bit of my favorite oil, rub together and apply it as a hairdress

I use GDLI daily as a moisturizer too. When my hair is "out" I add it directly to my hair. When my hair is in a protective style, I spritz daily with water, GDLI, some CD hair milk, and EO's.